Why are YOU losing weight? <3

I want to loose weight as my husband and I are wanting to try for a baby but I don't feel ready but I shift some weight, also for my health (I have a heart condition, had it since birth) and want to be as healthy as I can be with that condition.

I can did finally relate the people not having photos. I've had 3 kids and don't have 1 photograph of me with the youngest 2 and maybe 3 or 4 with my eldest :(. I'm gonna get to target and take the whole family to a vintage photo shoot :) xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm losing weight as my best friend is getting married next year and I'm going to be maid of honour. I don't want to be the fat one next to the beautiful bride in all the photos. Also for my health as I know it's defiantly time I sort my self out and start looking after myself carting all this weight around is doing me no favours. I would love to lose 6 and a half stone.

I'm 23 years old and as I've gotten older I seem to have put on a stone for each year thankfully last year I didn't get that far but it could have done. It's just really shameful and annoying being this big, I'm starting to have to wear clothes that cover me up rather than nice clothes I like. I want more choices in clothes I want to just walk in a shop and have the choice off the rail. I'm by far the biggest of all my friends, my friends getting married I'm being a bridesmaid and I felt ashamed telling her my size so she could get the dresses it just made me think how awful I will look next to the others.
I have. A busy job on my feet most of the day busy, the extra weight makes it hard it makes me feel like an old woman.
I just want to be happy and healthy.

A photograph taken on holiday shocked me and had me feeling down for days. Then felt fed up of not being able to fit into the slinky fashionable clothes my family wear, fitting into a size 16. One day I got fed up and had a good cry and decided that it was time to do something about it. Didn't help that the doctor told me I was roughly 2 st overweight for my height, which also gave me a kick up the arse. Determined to stick to slimming world this time 100% and see the lbs fall off!

I made my mind up at Christmas this year to lose weight. Felt like a frump all Christmas day in clothes that were too tight on me and all my cousins were there looking fab in their dresses etc :(
Was browsing facebook that night and saw that my work colleague had 'liked' a new Slimming World page that was starting in our town on january 1st. Made up my mind there and then and we both joined that night. 4 weeks on, we're still at it. Hit my 1st stone tonight and am feeling so much better about myself.
I'll be 40 at the end of this year and I'm determined to look a million dollars for that. A lot left to lose still but I've a start made now and it's in my head to succeed this time :)

I'm losing weight cos I'm morbidly obese, have high blood pressure and would like more children in the future but I'm too big to get pregnant ATM xxx

Ive always hovered around 12-13 stone except when preg which isnt too bad for my height 5ft7, but I got gestational diabetes when pregnant and now I have 2 kids I wanna feel attractive again. And reduce risk of diabetes in future

Lots of reasons:
To pass the occupational health check in September to get onto a Radiography degree.
To look great in my wedding dress on 1st Aug 2015.
To be a healthy weight for the first time in my life.
To finally achieve what I always said I would.

Hi everyone xx
Think we're all losing weight 4 some great, relatable reasons.
Mine are a lot like others': I no longer want to b uncomfortable in my clothes & in my own body. I want to b happy in myself & with who I c in the mirror. But above all else, I want to portray a positive, healthy image for my young daughter. I don't want her growing up being ashamed of who she is and what she looks like as I did, I want to model a healthy lifestyle for her so that she has 1 too xxx

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

I've been at Slimming World for nearly 3 weeks and this is my first post here. My weight has steadily increased over the years a bit at a time, with occasional periods of loss and dieting but never for very long.

I think the realisation that I''ll be 40 next year, am unhappy with how I look, am single and feel unattractive are the main reasons. Plus I have 2 or possibly 3x 100 mile bike rides this year, and whilst you can bike "fat", It's a whole lot easier going uphill if you don't have the equivalent of a fully loaded suitcase stuck round your middle!

Like everyone. I want to be able to walk into a normal high street clothes shop and pick clothes based on the style first rather than starting with clothes that look big enough and then deciding if I actually like them!

Whatever the reason, what I like is that I feel properly motivated to do it this time. It's early days for me, but reading all the tips and success stories makes me realise that it's perfectly possible, and that I want those 'after" photos of my new body much more than I want junk food. I'm really excited about the journey I've just started!

Been overweight since around 8 years old. Grew up being the fat kid, as I have gotten older just got bigger and bigger. 2012 get pregnant which was a total shock as we had been told we could not have kids. Got told my weight could cause problems which was the start of me realising I had to do something. Put less then a stone on while pregnant and expected to lose it, when in fact I have just gotten bigger and bigger. Had pnd and just could not face dealing with my weight.
As much as possible have avoided having any pictures taken with my son because of my size. It was recently his 1st birthday and loads of photos were taken and I look a disgrace. Weighed myself and I had put a stone and a half on since having him. Had a really busy year with work and looked at booking a holiday but kept stopping myself because I do not want anyone to see me in a swimming costume.

Something clicked - for years I have pretended I did not care what I weighed but I have. Always been the biggest in the room. Never being able to buy clothes I like, never feeling like I look good. But now its affecting my sons life. I refuse to stop him from experiencing things because of my size. I should have done something about my weight years ago but better late then never!

I never want my son to be ashamed of my size
I never want to not do something because of my size
I want to be able to buy clothes in normal shops
I want to be fit enough to play with my son
I want to feel sexy
I want my husband to be proud to have me on his arm
I want to be healthy and live a long life

I've been overweight for most of my life. When I was a baby/ toddler I was a tiny child but I constantly had tonsillitis so I found it difficult to eat. When I was 5 I have my tonsils removed and that's when my mum said I starting to gain weight because I could eat anything. My Mum blames herself but honestly as I was getting older it was my own fault and I don't blame my mum at all.

My 21st birthday and I was looking pictures at myself from the night before and I just burst into tears because I didn't actually realise I was that big. I never really got on the scales. Even though it have been trying to lose weight and SW has helped me in the past it got to a point when I thought I was just destined to be fat. But I wasn't going have any of it and I joined SW I. November 2012 and lost 4 stone in 5 months! I was so proud of myself but then before I knew it it gradually started to creep back on and before I knew it I was nearly as big as what I was again. Just goes to show how quick the weight comes off and then goes back on again!

This is is the year I'm going to do it right!

Thank ne you for reading x

I decided to lose weight because I have pcos and I am hoping it will help me conceive and also I saw pictures of myself and I wasn't happy with the way I looked xxx

I decided to lose weight because I have pcos and I am hoping it will help me conceive and also I saw pictures of myself and I wasn't happy with the way I looked xxx

I could have written this word for word! My husband and I have been trying for a baby for the last 7 years and I know that my weight combined with my PCOS is not helping - so I'm determined to get my BMI down to 30 so we can start fertility treatment (if needed!).

for me definitely my health. I was diagnosed a diabetic a few years ago - and managed to shift almost 2 stones just by watching what i eat and exercise... but after getting married and have a miscarriage, i was so down that i wasnt looking after myself anymore. We can't seem to concieve our bundle of joy.
When i cancelled my gym membership (i wasnt going as much as the classes i like was getting cancelled and the wrong times, I decided i need to do something. one of the girls in the office joined slimming world and we been talking about it, it sounded great, so i decided to give that a try on my own with a little help from my friend :) so far doing well - loosing weight steadily, feeling better about myself. Going to a different gym now to get back into the exercise thing. Hopefully one day we will conceive our little bundle of joy and feel better about myself.

Good luck to all you ladies (and guys!) we will get to our goal!!! :D

For me, honestly (and it makes me feel bad) at the moment, it's just about being skinny, I've got a holiday on May 24th and I want to be skinny and toned for it, when I get back (after probably putting a bit back on whilst on holiday! and in the long term, it will be about being toned and healthy and eating clean, but right now I just want to not feel...wobbly. :(

Well I'm currently gaining baby weight but I'm still been 100% and will continue after this baby is born so I'm a more happier and healthier mummy. Currently half way through my journey ...x

I'm losing weight for not only my children but for me - I want to feel good about myself not self conscious, sounds silly but I want to feel like I look gorgeous when my hubby says that I do xx

Back