Why can i not do without wine at weekends???

Miss*Kellyxoxo

Gold Member
Hi all!! I weigh in on a mon or tues morn depending on work shifts, and always start the week with the best intentions on having an alchohol free weekend!! But come that friday feeling i just cant resist!! I love love love wine and enjoy the sociabilty of having a little tipple whether that is sitting with my partner at home or a night out with the girls!! But absolutely hate that it is soooo full of calories!!! Should i feel guilty that i would rather save my syns for a bottle of rose!! Or beat myself up that i cave and cant just have an alchohol free weekend??? xx

Hi all!! I weigh in on a mon or tues morn depending on work shifts, and always start the week with the best intentions on having an alchohol free weekend!! But come that friday feeling i just cant resist!! I love love love wine and enjoy the sociabilty of having a little tipple whether that is sitting with my partner at home or a night out with the girls!! But absolutely hate that it is soooo full of calories!!! Should i feel guilty that i would rather save my syns for a bottle of rose!! Or beat myself up that i cave and cant just have an alchohol free weekend??? xx

I struggle with this too Hun! My problem is that I have wine and then sometimes I don't count it and have extra syns in more drinks or crap food the next day! I have decided to have no alcohol in. January and see what difference it makes to the scales. I need to do it this way with a challenge. I really wanted some wine with my spaghetti and meatballs tonight but I have put the red wine in the conservatory so it's really cold and I won't drink it ;) but I did get the kitchen designer to fit in a double wine rack when I went to see him this morning ;)

whats wrong with saving ur syns for something that u enjoy? if you would rather save ur syns for a few glasses of wine than a mars bar or a few condiments for your meals there is no issues, if u can have what you like in moderation then u can stick to it realistic x

Lol!! Omg u r my long lost twin!!! I have done things like pour wine down sink or give it away!! But didnt stop me goin to asda tonite at 8.45pm for a bottle bcoz other half really wanted one!! Was so sure i wasnt going to have a drink in january! OH has alot to answer for!! Am i just making excuses??? All week i have had my syns evryday as was so sure i wasnt gna have any alchohol!! But caved at last minute!! Actually so angry wi myself!! Coz no i have messed up?? Xx

Lol!! Omg u r my long lost twin!!! I have done things like pour wine down sink or give it away!! But didnt stop me goin to asda tonite at 8.45pm for a bottle bcoz other half really wanted one!! Was so sure i wasnt going to have a drink in january! OH has alot to answer for!! Am i just making excuses??? All week i have had my syns evryday as was so sure i wasnt gna have any alchohol!! But caved at last minute!! Actually so angry wi myself!! Coz no i have i messed up?? Xx

Lol!! Omg u r my long lost twin!!! I have done things like pour wine down sink or give it away!! But didnt stop me goin to asda tonite at 8.45pm for a bottle bcoz other half really wanted one!! Was so sure i wasnt going to have a drink in january! OH has alot to answer for!! Am i just making excuses??? All week i have had my syns evryday as was so sure i wasnt gna have any alchohol!! But caved at last minute!! Actually so angry wi myself!! Coz no i have i messed up?? Xx

Right twinny ;) you haven't messed up! But you are blaming your OH when it was you that went the shop and also bought the wine!? Ha ha! If you can build it in to your syns then have it as you enjoy it! No doubt you work hard through the week there is nothing wrong with a drink of a weekend ;) unless it is effecting your losses which I want to have a boost so trying to have nothing for a month to see....don't beat yourself up love but try to plan it? X

If you enjoy the wine Hun then that's fine as long as your using the syns for it then it doesn't matter.I've heard a lot of people mention the Black Tower B wine which is lower in calories so less syns. I reckon I'll try it once my Dryathalon is over :) xxx

I'm the same very much a winooo at the weekends haha xD unfortunately I've had to go cold turkey :( ouch!

whats wrong with saving ur syns for something that u enjoy? if you would rather save ur syns for a few glasses of wine than a mars bar or a few condiments for your meals there is no issues, if u can have what you like in moderation then u can stick to it realistic x

I actually agree with you so much!! I have done this before n lost loads!! Just saving up for weekend!! But put it to myself that i was gna cut out alchohol n have daily syns on wee treats as is new year n tryin out the healthier me!! but really have struggled!! I know it would be healthier to have a little amount of syns daily, but really prefer savin up n having somethin to look forward to!! Xx

If you enjoy the wine Hun then that's fine as long as your using the syns for it then it doesn't matter.I've heard a lot of people mention the Black Tower B wine which is lower in calories so less syns. I reckon I'll try it once my Dryathalon is over :) xxx

I actually feel lyk low calorie wine is blasphomy lol!! Unfortunatly!!! I usually save my syns for wine!! As can give up my weekly syns no probs knowin that i have a treat of wine at the end of the week!! I know totally that it doesnt agree with evryone savin there syns but it works for me!! I tried this week bein rly sensible n spacing them out to 10-15 a day with not havin wine! But turned out i have ended up caving n having loadsa syns worth of wine tonite where as if i had just done wot usually suits me with saving i wouldnt be over, i obv have no willpower!! Xx

I struggle with this too Hun! My problem is that I have wine and then sometimes I don't count it and have extra syns in more drinks or crap food the next day! I have decided to have no alcohol in. January and see what difference it makes to the scales. I need to do it this way with a challenge. I really wanted some wine with my spaghetti and meatballs tonight but I have put the red wine in the conservatory so it's really cold and I won't drink it ;) but I did get the kitchen designer to fit in a double wine rack when I went to see him this morning ;)

Abs well done u!! U r much stronger than i am !!!! Lol?!! Xx

I actually feel lyk low calorie wine is blasphomy lol!! Unfortunatly!!! I usually save my syns for wine!! As can give up my weekly syns no probs knowin that i have a treat of wine at the end of the week!! I know totally that it doesnt agree with evryone savin there syns but it works for me!! I tried this week bein rly sensible n spacing them out to 10-15 a day with not havin wine! But turned out i have ended up caving n having loadsa syns worth of wine tonite where as if i had just done wot usually suits me with saving i wouldnt be over, i obv have no willpower!! Xx

This obviously works for you and you enjoy so I'd do that Hun! I end up having it outside of my syns sometimes so that's what I need to watch ;)
Ha ha I am known for having zero willpower but going to complete January now ;) x

If you want to use your syns for wine that's fine!! They are there for you to enjoy. You will obv have to make that decision at the start of the week so you can watch what your doing!

But the plan is so good because you can still enjoy things like this, so go for it

Thanku for all your replys!! I am definitly just going to stick to saving my syns up at the beginning of the week to have my wine at the weekend!! If i say im not gna n be all sensible after weigh in i just end up using syns daily then going above because i have no willpower to resist the pinot grigio on a fri or sat!! I suppose that is the beauty of slimming world!! You can have evrything you want and work it in in some way!! I suppose i could also work it out that i stil have a couple of daily syns!! And wont be feeling deprived at all!! Xx

Thanku for all your replys!! I am definitly just going to stick to saving my syns up at the beginning of the week to have my wine at the weekend!! If i say im not gna n be all sensible after weigh in i just end up using syns daily then going above because i have no willpower to resist the pinot grigio on a fri or sat!! I suppose that is the beauty of slimming world!! You can have evrything you want and work it in in some way!! I suppose i could also work it out that i stil have a couple of daily syns!! And wont be feeling deprived at all!! Xx

If you have 15 a day, thats 105 a week, thats 3 and half bottles of wine!! Hehe although having all your syns at once kind of takes the control away for me. I have decided to give up wine for my health - I know! Crazy. I was drinking nearly a bottle a night from stress. I do miss it, but after nearly a full year t-total, if I have one glass it feels like a major treat! If someone said to me "you have to give up wine to lose" I would have laughed in their face, but doing it for health reasons has made such a difference. Makes it much easier to stick to at the weekend when I am desperate! I also know if it wasnt for this, I would have put another stone on at least over christmas.

Just remember that your syns are there for you to use how you wish, and when you wish. 15 syns is half a bottle of wine! And rather than cutting out all together, try and cut down a little? Dunno, just putting ideas out there xx

If you have 15 a day, thats 105 a week, thats 3 and half bottles of wine!! Hehe although having all your syns at once kind of takes the control away for me. I have decided to give up wine for my health - I know! Crazy. I was drinking nearly a bottle a night from stress. I do miss it, but after nearly a full year t-total, if I have one glass it feels like a major treat! If someone said to me "you have to give up wine to lose" I would have laughed in their face, but doing it for health reasons has made such a difference. Makes it much easier to stick to at the weekend when I am desperate! I also know if it wasnt for this, I would have put another stone on at least over christmas.

Just remember that your syns are there for you to use how you wish, and when you wish. 15 syns is half a bottle of wine! And rather than cutting out all together, try and cut down a little? Dunno, just putting ideas out there xx

Great idea!! Good for you for giving up!! I can easily drink 1&1/2- 2 bottles in one night!! Its ridiculous!! I used to have wine one night during the week and one night at the weekend!! Now i have cut down to just one night at the weekend!! For health and diet reasons and its damn expensive too!! One night at the weekend is plenty for me now!! Whether we go out or stay in, and it feels like a treat!! Xx

I know!! Im a jakeball lol!! Cant resist the vino!! Oh the shame!! And dont get me started on my love of tequila!! Though tend to keep that for special nights out!! Xx

Oooo tequila in going to Mexico in April being on the tequila slammers ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back