Why can't I do flipping Red days!!!!!

Louise24

Gold Member
Arrgh,

Every time I try a red day I always always break it!!

I've got a fridge full of "red" food but I just can't be arsed, I don't want any of it I just want pasta or potatoes. I've sat here since about 6pm, feeling really hungry but not wanting to cook as I know it'll be red food.... I just don't enjoy it!

I've just wacked some free sausages under the grill so will eat a few of those, but I've been picking at bread / cheese / crackers so it's all just pants now. :cry:

I know I should stick to green days but I want to vary it so I don't get bored.

Ok.. rant over, thanks for listening. xxx

Hi, Louise

You sound bored. I know how you feel. Im totally the opposite of you. I love my red days and get hungry on the green days. I just dont feel full on them and then I get picky and just loose it.

Whats putting you off. The meat or the cooking?

On quick and easy red days I normally have loads of cold meat in the fridge. Love turkey or deboned rotisserie chicken from the supermarket. Then I make my current favourite salad. Chicken, Lettuce, Red Peppers, Red Onion with a dash of Ranch dressing.

or I make a quiche with free ingredients (peppers, chicken, mushroom etc) and mix it with a tub of Quark and 4 beaten eggs. Mix all together and put in medium oven until set. You can munch on that all day long.

enjoy

Hiya Louise, Personally I think that a lot of us are conditioned to want potato or pasta with our meals, They are both staple foods, filling, and relatively cheap, therefore I think down the years generations have become used to them, and thats probably, why you are having a problem with red days. The only things I can suggest, are to plan red days thoroughly before hand, use your B's For potatos or pasta, and reserve stirfrys for them days, failing that go and tell your forebears off :) I hope the beginning bit of this makes sense!

Hiya ill join Lou on this one PMSL.
Ive had a red day today....hasnt been that bad tbh, infact ive stuck to that side of things....just not my syns because ive got my *week....its 2weeks late and im swinging from the lampshades! i need sugar!!!
But today i went to Lidls and bought their flavoured chicken breasts...chinese and tikka stylie! wow they are just Lush!
Im no one to give advice on reds but Nanny is right you need to plan plan plan.
Why not use eggs in a meal such as egg sarnie with some low syns crisps apple and mullar light. That what ive done so technically your not eating meat all day. Try and have a free breaky so you can have you cereal for a mid afternoony snack......
I have had to impromise(sorry if i spelt that wrong).....i know i have a mental block with Reds babe

SO LISTEN TO OUR NANNY AND PLAN!

GO girlfriend!

Ruthy xxx

Forgot to add do what BIGV said and make a quiche! yum i havent had one of them for aaaaaaaaaaaaages!
I have never used quark in a quiche ....is it nice?

Ruthy xxx

Ruthy you are so funny hun, BUT you have obviously not been in "Old favourites and new ideas" for a while have you? tut tut, nans thinks there might be something of interest for you to chew over in there lol:)

I don't do red days as there is not enough food I like on them. If you do better on green days just stick to them and have reds when you are having a day when you are not so hungry. Or you can Mix2Max

Ruthy you are so funny hun, BUT you have obviously not been in "Old favourites and new ideas" for a while have you? tut tut, nans thinks there might be something of interest for you to chew over in there lol:)

Im going for a look now Nanny:rolleyes:

Weird isn't is cos even with all the meats available out there, like u I also don't do redduns - yes, I like meat but I dunno, green seems easier to me - and to be honest, the longer I go without meat, I kinda don't miss it - I prefer the options available on green - more varied - pick at a bucket of pasta, jacket taties and even meat in the form of Quorn (sausages r me faves), so I don't bother with red ones - I mean, u can only really have salad to accompany it, or some veg - I don't eat pasta as a rule but have really enjoyed plain pasta cooked in the microwave - mix with Quark and lotza pepper - nnniiicee!!!

Thanks for the advice everyone, it's not that I don't enjoy meat, I do I just run out of ideas. Therefore I'm going to stick to green as much as possible. I lost 3 stone on SW a few years ago and did nothing but green days then.. so they do work for me.

Thanks for listening to my rant, I was just fed up last night, but back on plan again now (green of course). Hehe.

xxxx

I think we all need to listen to Nanny! LOL Planning really is the key to doing SW properly.

Louise, another thing I do on days where I am undecided is Mix2Match days.

I have a neutral breakkie like mullerlight and fruit, then at lunch if I want pasta I have it and then try to mix things up (especially now the weather's getting nicer) I will pop some stuff on the bbq grill (or a george forman if you don't have space for a grill). Once grilling season starts I don't have any probs with red days/meals. Last night I had a lovely rib eye steak, with bns chips, and steamed asparagus and sauteed leeks. (I always keep a zipper bag of chopped up bns so that when I get it I can just pop it in the oven and get on with other stuff.

Good luck sweetie, but don't beat yourself up if you just don't want to do red days, there is such variety in green days that you can just have your protein as HE B's on green days babe
xxx
Steph

Also you get protein from baked beans and eggs - and even a cooked brekky can be done on green as well as red as the only thing that differs really is the lack of bacon I 'spose - you still got the egg, beans, toms, mush, bread (HE(b), Quorn bangers (which I think are luvverly), so u don't really miss out having a cooked brekky on green - and that's why I love green days!!! Do 'em all the time!!!!

I did my first red day yesterday and hated it, never again. Sticking to Green

I've never had much luck with red days either, I get too hungry without all my carbs! These past couple of weeks of starting doing Mix2Max though and I love it. I have cereal or toast for breakfast (so it's neutral) then 3 more red or green meals. I usually only have a red lunch (so I can have a sandwich filled with loads of meat!) then I have dinner with the kids at 5 (usually something like a Pasta N Sauce) and dinner with DH at 8 or 9!

Kelly x

Im scared to try mix and match even though my lifestyle would suit it better because i am a three meals a day girl.....i hardly ever have green snacks........im just scared ill bugger it up.....and knowing me i will!

Ruthy xx

Im scared to try mix and match even though my lifestyle would suit it better because i am a three meals a day girl.....i hardly ever have green snacks........im just scared ill bugger it up.....and knowing me i will!

Ruthy xx

Im scared too Ruthy, knowing me Id mix and match in the wrong way lol.

I didn't realise until recently that you can have 4 meals a day if one of your meals consists of only superfree/hexs (breakfast for me). I don't need to think about snacks when I'm having 4 meals a day lol. I lost 4.5lbs on my first Mix2Max week! You can always try it for a day and change back if you don't get on with it, you don't have to do it the entire week.

Kelly x

I done it today. I didn't have any breakfast and lunch was a buffet and the most appetising sarnies were the ham and chicken ones so I had them on brown (HEB) then for tea I had a huge bowl of pasta.

So mix2match works by having all your HE's? but no green or red "snacks" inbetween?

Ruthy xxx

Back