Why can't I just do this?

Em_Butterfly

Silver Member
Any advice would be welcome! I was doing great on the diet and, as you can see on my ticker, lost a fair amount of weight and was nearly there. Then I lost the plot and have spent the last month eating my way through enough food to feed a third world county. I've put on pretty much a stone and look and feel like crap. Have emailed my councellor and hope to restart the diet on Thursday but I just wondered if anyone had any tips to refocus me, keep me on track or what to do over the next few days leading up to Thursday?

You need to start cutting back on the carbs so that you don't get the withdrawal symptoms.

There are 10 weeks to Christmas so you have plenty of time to shape up!

Good luck on your restart!

Hey, you can do this! You've already done it. You know that once you get going you'll be fine. It's just getting going again--and you've already started making plans.

I think it's certain that all of us are going to fall off the wagon, sooner or later. We like food (that's how we ended up here, LOL!) And I for one, on countless other diets, have done exactly what you've done--done really well, then lost the plot.

Remind yourself of all the reasons why you want to lose weight. No one's forcing you to diet--this is your choice (or it should be...)

A lot of it is about being really selfish too. Many a time I've fallen off a diet because someone else has wanted to fill a hole with food--and I've gone along with it to keep that person happy. I've reached a point now (I hope!) where I've realised that I matter. Me. I'm important too.

You can do this, Em. And a stone regained is nothing. On CD that'll be gone in no time. Well done for not waiting until it's two stones regained!

Hugs and positive thoughts

Well I am no expert but I have restarted several times. I am due to restart again tomorrow,I had a nice weekend of drink and food. Just want to say good luck and you are not alone, you've done it before and you can do it again.:D

You are not alone but you are far more focussed than I am.

I lost all my weight and got to goal only to stick 4 stone back on again :rolleyes:

You recognise you have a problem and are seeking help.

You are making the choice to deal with this now before it all gets out of hand.

This is where you get to really see what you CDC can do. CDC's are there to help so make the most of them. Be upfront about your experiences and be guided through.

You can do this. You will do this ;)

Back