why cant you go on ss if you are bipolar

shellyinleeds

my friend wanted to be my diet buddy but has bipolar. not doin the diet with me has made her depressed again

Hi Shelly,

I sympathise with your friend but the yellow book does mention that depression is contraindicated. I think the reason they won't let depressed people doing this diet is because the lack of normal food does cause mood swing and may aggrevate the depression symtomps.

Anyway if this helps two and a half years ago I was diagnosed with dissociative disorder, a mental state that is potentially a lot more dangerous than bipolar. I was given antisypchosis (sp?) pills and jabs for 3 months and the devastating result was a 51lb gain for me over the 2 years after that. Actually the doctors who treated me said I should continue with the treatment for a full 2 years as an outpatient but after seeing the horrible weight gain I just sod it and never came back to them. The good thing is at that time I was in Singapore and overthere they let me do CD anyway knowing that I have depression. No question asked and no form to be signed. In 5 months I lost all the excess weight and strangely I didn't feel sicker. I actually felt much happier seeing myself getting more beautiful by the day.

Now I am a tiny size 4 again as I was before the mental hospital episode. I am still very much depressed but at least I can have a little smile seeing myself looking like Kate Moss. I'm trying to get down to a size 0 to be exactly like her.

What I want to say is, if your friend is so desperate wanting to do this diet and if she doesn't mind paying the postal fee, she can order it from the Singapore distributer. The cost is 5 SGD or 2.2 GBP per pack.

Let me know if she is interested and I will post the contact address of the Singapore agent here.

All the best to you in your weight loss journey.

Kathryn

Back