Why did I.......

Fat Bird

Just go and stand on the scales?? :-(
I am on day 10 and had a loss of -13lbs in my first week... Well chuffed! I told myself I wasn't going to weigh myself again until Tuesday morning so that I had a full week.... So why have I just stood on the scales that show me putting on 1lb!!!??? I'm so cross with myself as was feeling really motivated and have been 100% for the 10 days and now I feel all deflated!
Sorry for ranting I just needed to tell some one
FB xx

Same here. Scales not giving me an accurate reading so I have packed them away and will wait til I get officially weighed next Tuesday for the first time.

Don't let it get you down. Pack that blooming scales away - or as I read on a previous thread - take the batteries out and give them to someone in the house to 'look after' until your next weigh in day.

And your not ranting - that's what this site is for, and being a new member I am loving it. I am fastly realising that I am not alone and can relate to a lot of fellow members frustrations and blips! X

Thanks guys! Just been for a walk to try and get myself in the right mindset again! I've got such a long way to go that need to try and keep focused. I usually weigh in first thing so I know I've been daft as I'm sure 4lt water alone weighs more than 1lb! I'm feeling hungry so I'm off to have a pint of water and my last pack of the day :).... thanks again for your support
FB xxx

Definitely dont weigh in between weigh-ins, seeing a gain/sts/1lb loss is what makes alot of people fall off the wagon.
Only weigh once a week.
Oh and yep, all that water will have made you heavier for sure.

i am on day 4 and got along way to go the advice on hiding scales is a good one , i have a long way to go so i know got to keep focused , i have hung a top in next size down on the wardrobe front as my first goal goodluck FB :)

Hi. Thanks jacalou! I learnt my lesson and I now stick to my Tuesday weigh in once a week.... Doing well I've lost the grand total of 26.5lbs in 4 weeks... I'm struggling today though an desperately hoping I don't blow it :-(
Good luck with your weight loss
FB xx

I am TERRIBLE for going on the scales all the time. Not even once a day - sometimes 2 or 3 times. I don't know why i do it to myself coz if i see a STS or a gain (even if i know it's water), i get really scunnered. Once i weighed myself midweek and lost 2lbs, but by the time i got to weigh day it was only 1lb! What a sad day that was.

That's exactly why I stopped doing it! I would have been gutted if the scales said I'd lost x amount mid week weigh in and then by the time I'd got to weigh day I had actually lost less! It won't take much to make me wobble and go off plan so I decided that once a week is best for me.... You're a stronger person than I am ;-)
FB xx

I think sometimes you retain water if you dont drink enough.. I can tell by my feet and fingers lol.. If I drink loads of water I have (comparatively) lovely slender feet and fingers.. if I skive on the water like yesterday..pudding feet and sausage fingers...... who knows if I'd drunk enough yesterday I may have been a little less at my weigh in this am.. yep I cheated and weighed myself sunday and weighed the same then as today..I think water....
Pam

Back