Why did you choose Exante?

Discussion in 'Exante' started by YummyMummy 2 be, 28 March 2010 Social URL.

1. YummyMummy 2 be

YummyMummy 2 be Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi im new and hoping to start a VLCD in the next couple of weeks, i originally thought there was just Lighter Life but have now found that there are so many different ones! im looking closely at Exante now as it seems great for my busy life!

So im wondering - what made you choose Exante over all of the other VLCD's out there?

and do the packs/shakes/bars taste good?

Thanks for your help guys/gals!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. millux

millux Slim for Summer!

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    VLCD/TFR
    This might not really help but I'll post this anyway..

I originally chose the Cambridge Diet.. you get a councillor & the price was alright & there's a huge CD community too! But my doctor wouldn't let me go on it, so I've been cheeky & put myself on Exante instead. The price is great but as far as I know, there's no councilling or anything. If you have issues with food LL or CD will probably be more helpful & sucessful for you in the long run, but people on this forum are very helpful & knowledgeable & always willing to help!

Personally I find the Strawberry (shake), Banana (shake) & Thai Chicken (soup) really horrible but everyone is different & you might like them! :) The bars in my opinion are scrummy, it's what I look forward to eating most.. apart from the Vegetable soup which I could literally live off of. :p

4. Yambabe

Yambabe Bad Girl

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(32.54%)
    Diet:
    Refeeding (Exante)
    I've posted it before but for me it was because:

- it was cheap in comparison to some others
    - I didn't want weekly meetings or 1-2-1 counselling

- I didn't want a long-term abstinence programme
    - I wanted a structured approach to reintroducing food
    - I wanted to be able to adapt occasionally to cover social occasions
    - I wanted the 100% RDA of essential vits and minerals
    - I liked that it doesn't contain asapartame

I did quite a lot of reading and research before I made my decision. I have a couple of mates who have done very well with LL and another who is currently on CD and also doing very well, but for me the flexibility and unaccountability of Exante (as well as the price!) made it the winner. If I want to I can walk away from it tomorrow with no reproach, no comeback and nothing lost financially. I'm not intending to do that, but I'm the sort of person who likes to always be able to see my escape route from any situation (it's a biking thing I think) so I think that's partly why it's working for me so far.

5. justgina

justgina taking it 1 day at a time

Start Weight:
    12st5.6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.8lb(7.95%)
    Diet:
    IF/5:2/juddd......
    For me it was initailly the price but also that I could do it alone, without having to involve a counsellor.

6. Miss Demeanour

Miss Demeanour I.P. Freely

Start Weight:
    132.1kg
    Current Weight:
    132.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    100kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    one off the interweb...
    For me, pretty much the same as Yam... while some people see 'counsellors' (aka resellers) as support, I'd rather not have a middleman take their cut out of my attempts to do something positive about my health.

Taste good compared to what? All things are relative... Compared to real food, it's pretty damn poor. Compared to LT, however, for me it's a winner.

7. Myr

Myr Still Motivated

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(26.13%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hello YummyMummy 2 be,

Price was my main consideration.
    It would not suit my present working conditions to have to attend weekly meetings anyway.
    Being able to buy online and for all intents and purposes being able to 'choose' the delivery day was another important consideration.

If you read the various threads here you will see that there is a wide range of opinion over the various packs in terms of taste. I think that I am lucky in that I do not find any of them particularly loathsome but I do know that after a week or so my tastebuds did adapt. But I think that happens generally when altering diet habits. Many years ago I remember I gave up sugar in tea/coffee and it did take a couple of weeks before it tasted 'normal.' The same with not adding salt to food at the dinner table.

I think what I am saying is that if you don't expect the milkshakes will taste like Nesquick or the soups will taste like Heinz you possibly won't be too disappointed.

Love Myr xxx

8. Magggie

Magggie Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(30.39%)
    :It was yambabe that lead me to exante
    I let her do the research
    :whistle: :copon:

I don't mind any of the soups, shakes or bars

it's been a real plus that they have all the vitamins and minerals in
    and not falsly sweetened
    after all, you can add it if you must

the price is ok too
    good community of experienced people on here

if you can afford £70 per week for LL , go for it, as most of us have deep seated stuff about food that I am sure their counselling could "out", but I would rather try on my own

9. Quak

Quak Gold Member

Price first and foremost
    To have some control over what I was putting in my body
    No aspartame
    Able to get it easily online

I like all the flavours, think I am lucky in that respect :D or just a pig!

Bren xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.