Why did you choose your diet?

hur575

Hi people, I wanted to know why you chose this particular diet that you are on instead of so many to choose from. I have been struggling with weight all my life, watching what I eat, comfort eating, been obsessed with the scale to a point where the scale set my mood, if it is down I am up and if it is up I am down. Tried so many diets, they all work off course but which one to stick to? Here are my list and why I left them

• Atkins, loved the fact you can lose weight so fast, you do not feel hungry, the thought of more meat or eggs just keep you satisfied. Could not do it for more than two weeks at a time, I am just not big fan of meat plus the constant constipation.
  • fasting loved it, I lived on water, maximum for 6 days, did it few times, loved the fact the scale was down everyday, please do not tell me it is water loss, because up to 5lb was water but any more of that was actual loss, there was inches loss too. I am big believer of water fasting as healer for a lot of disease; some do it for weeks but if is done supervised, water fast is amazing. Reason I left it, because I missed chewing food and it is very hard for the first 3days if I get past the 3 days then is much easier.
  • Juice fasting, loved it but it made me hyper all the time, reason I left it, the preparation and freshly buying fruit and vegetable was time, and money consuming!
  • Weight watcher never tried it but the idea of counting points does not sound too appealing.
  • Slimming world, loved this diet I kept asking my consultant are you sure I can have unlimited pasta and rice on green days? Reason I left it, I wanted more self control, this diet is good if you cooking the slimming world way but if you eating out or you have no time to cook you end eating too much as your appetite is still the same.
  • South beach diets similar to Atkins but you get more vegetables options than Atkins, again not big fan of meat.
  • Food replacement diet, I just can’t stick to these more than two days, loved slim fast shake but after I finish the bottle I think, is that it?? I want more, tried herbalife I did not like the taste or I did not make them well.
  • Did other stupid low calorie diet of less than 500, but every time I eat again end up putting half stone in a day, it was messing my head. Decided not to rush anything, I have been yo-yoing for years, time to do life style change. It might not be fast but hopefully permanent result.
  • Now I am on Rosemary Conley diet, the reason I chose this is, because I want low calorie diet which tells me what to eat. I have done it before and lost 3 dresses sizes but went to depression and turned to food for comfort, now I want a change of life style, I find the RC easy to follow, I have done it alone and succeeded, and I hope I do the same now.

Last edited:
I started slimming world because a woman at work asked me to go with her. I'd tried weightwatchers before but hated all the counting points, and used to save them up for a vodka binge on a Friday. I do find my appetite has reduced despite being able to eat as much of the SW free foods as I like. And I still eat out once a week, but I try not to pig out like the old days.

I love WW because nothing is offlimits and I not only dont feel like Im dieting but am totally re educating myself about food.

I couldnt do a VLCD Id last about 10 mins on it lol

I tried SW and hated it, far too restrictive for me.

It really is a case of working out what you want from your diet, apart from the weight loss, do you want to be able to incorporate it into your social life or are you happy to stick to shakes etc. If you do want a food one, what is going to work best for you. Theres no doubt they do all work, it just depends on which suits you best

I chose scottish slimmers as a lady I worked with at the time asked a group of us to come and also the class was run local so was easy to attend.

Hi

i choose go lower coz the food puts you into ketosis (burning fat faster) and they deliver the food to my door so i don't have to think - lol

I chose SW cus it fits perfectly into my lifestyle. I don't have to weigh, measure or count anything and I have total freedom on it. I don't believe in any diet that cus out any food group

The one Diet that has worked for me

Hi people, I wanted to know why you chose this particular diet that you are on instead of so many to choose from. I have been struggling with weight all my life, watching what I eat, comfort eating, been obsessed with the scale to a point where the scale set my mood, if it is down I am up and if it is up I am down. Tried so many diets, they all work off course but which one to stick to? Here are my list and why I left them

• Atkins, loved the fact you can lose weight so fast, you do not feel hungry, the thought of more meat or eggs just keep you satisfied. Could not do it for more than two weeks at a time, I am just not big fan of meat plus the constant constipation.
  • fasting loved it, I lived on water, maximum for 6 days, did it few times, loved the fact the scale was down everyday, please do not tell me it is water loss, because up to 5lb was water but any more of that was actual loss, there was inches loss too. I am big believer of water fasting as healer for a lot of disease; some do it for weeks but if is done supervised, water fast is amazing. Reason I left it, because I missed chewing food and it is very hard for the first 3days if I get past the 3 days then is much easier.
  • Juice fasting, loved it but it made me hyper all the time, reason I left it, the preparation and freshly buying fruit and vegetable was time, and money consuming!
  • Weight watcher never tried it but the idea of counting points does not sound too appealing.
  • Slimming world, loved this diet I kept asking my consultant are you sure I can have unlimited pasta and rice on green days? Reason I left it, I wanted more self control, this diet is good if you cooking the slimming world way but if you eating out or you have no time to cook you end eating too much as your appetite is still the same.
  • South beach diets similar to Atkins but you get more vegetables options than Atkins, again not big fan of meat.
  • Food replacement diet, I just can’t stick to these more than two days, loved slim fast shake but after I finish the bottle I think, is that it?? I want more, tried herbalife I did not like the taste or I did not make them well.
  • Did other stupid low calorie diet of less than 500, but every time I eat again end up putting half stone in a day, it was messing my head. Decided not to rush anything, I have been yo-yoing for years, time to do life style change. It might not be fast but hopefully permanent result.
  • Now I am on Rosemary Conley diet, the reason I chose this is, because I want low calorie diet which tells me what to eat. I have done it before and lost 3 dresses sizes but went to depression and turned to food for comfort, now I want a change of life style, I find the RC easy to follow, I have done it alone and succeeded, and I hope I do the same now.
Hi I have tried every diet under the sun moon and stars but I have found one that does work well. Its called figure maker and its available in the figure8 women's fitness centres. The food is normal its written out for you from week to week. And I have lost over 3 stone on it with exercise in there gym which really helps to beat the wobbely bits as you loose weight. The exercises are both cardio and resistance which I have been told you have to do both to lose weight properly.
Hope this helps you because it certainly helped me.;)

I chose mine the first time I used it through a work mate who had lost loads. Went for WW but the class was too hard for me to get to so went back to Scottish Slimmers. There both very similar and I like the freedom to have a wee bit of something you fancy every now and again. Its kinda slow and steady, but I like that.

i chose mine cos then i only have to think about what im gonna eat once a day. i did ww and lost 5 and a half stone a few years ago but could not get to goal and got desperate and stopped eating. sorted out my head issues (mostly) and i know that if i cut out food completely i would never want to eat again and cant do vlcd for life lol. so slimfast fits right now.

I've tried Slim Fast (years ago now, think I was only about 17) having 2 or 3 shakes (cant remember) and 1 meal was too hard, knowing I could eat at some time in the day just ended up being back to eating normal food all the time, and having the shakes as though they were a normal drink (lasted about 3 days).

I've looked at Atkins, and I really like meat and eggs, but the thought of putting that much protein and fat in me each day just didn't add up, regardless of what anyone else says, and I thought better of it.

I've tried, so so so many times, just "being good", usually lasted about 2 days until I just thought "screw this, I want chocolate, I'm having it", as my will power has almost always seemed to be zero :(

LighterLife seemed perfect for me, as my personality is perfectly suited to the "all, or nothing at all" scenario - giving up food completely didn't seem daunting, or hard, and now I've done it, I feel like such a huge burden has been lifted that I wouldn't care if someone said you have to drink just these shakes forever! :)
Also, the amazing loss I've seen on my 3 friends who have done LL, combined with the fact that you are not just dieting but having CBT & TA to really change your mental attitudes towards food, there was not a single reason I could find to NOT do it.

I chose mine because I don't have money to spend on it, I'm socially inept so I couldn't deal with anything that involved meetings, and I felt like this was the best way to get control of what I eat, and stay in control once I've reached my target weight.

I'm not a big fan of cooking, or at least I'm not a big fan of cooking when I can't afford ingrediants that I actually like to cook with. I've basically gone for the easiest and quickest diet I can preper, and the cheapest.

It was the only one left that I hadn't tried!!
:8855:this sounds like me!

However, I decided to cut myself some slack...yes doing a VLCD cut me some slack....I had done WW for years, and I was playing around with the same 2 stone while on it....losing it gaining it........and it was disheartening........so I needed a diet that would show me results for all my hard work. I have an awful lot to lose and 2lb here 2lb there just doesn't cut it. It's not for everyone, but like all diets you have to be focused and determined to make them work.

Whatever diet you choose I hope it works for you.

Back