Why didn't they say anything?!

good for you AJB thats the spirit girl! :)

...and then they look on in delight when you put a few pounds back on 'i said it was a rubbish diet' 'all that hardwork for nothing' etc etc etc

people are strange.

just thank them when they start to say you are too thin, then ask them why they hadn't been so concerned and helpful when you were 5 stone overweight? Tell them how you find it amazing how they seemed more than happy to be quiet when you were fat and unhealthy and now are suddenly concerned now you are slimmer and healthier??

hmmmm....

on the other note it winds me up when people look me up and down, guaging if have put weight back on - which I have a bit and then they diss LL.
Its not LLs fault I am putting weight back on - if i go back to eating wrongly its bound to happen - as with any other diet.
but they are almost gleeful it has 'failed'....

Daisy x

just to add - its not failed, and i am only a stone heavier than finishing RTM a year ago- so still much better off than when I started! ( and I will get back on track!!!)

ooooh that must be soooooo annoying Daisy! Well done on your fabulous achievement :D and I will most definitely be quoting you when the time comes - can't wait to see the looks on their faces!

I'm actually worrying about what weight to stop at for that very reason! I fully expect to gain half a stone or so and plateau out once I complete my RTM which could mean the difference between my clothes feeling loose or a bit snug - I'm sure my 'friends' will take great delight in judging my 'gain' and claiming LL has 'failed' gggrrr

its a tricky one.

i went down to 8.6 - knowing i would put some on.

ideally i would like to be 8.13 - 9-5

at the end of rtm i was 8.13 which was great - but then have slowly gone up 1 lb or so a month so maybe i should have gone lower, who knows?

all that is definiate is that LL does work, but maintenance is where the hard work really starts!!!

daisy x

yes indeed which is why I'm wary of going too low and making a show of myself when I gain some back - I know I shouldn't care but you know how people are!

I'm thinking 9 1/2 stones will do me fine - yes it would be nice to be a stone lighter but its not something I'm going to fight for as its not essential for my health and would just be for vanity reasons!

AJB - remember that we lose weight from various places on our bodies in varying amounts and then, after a while, the weight starts to redistribute ie your face might go very thin at first but then, without gaining any weight, it will fill out a bit. You might lose more than you want off your arms or your boobs at first but then they will fill out a little as your body evens out (meaning a bit more will have come off your tummy or your bum or somewhere!) When people say you (I, we) look too thin whilst following LL (as they do) they will be mainly commenting on your face/neck/decollete area and then you can tell them that you know it's come off your face a little more than you wanted but you're confident it will redistribute in a little while. That way you have a fallback if you DO put a little back on in RTM. I found it worked a treat. Until I put too much back on, that is (!!) but that was down to me eating too much. As someone said in another post abstinence and losing weight is the easier part - maintaining is a much more difficult skill to master!! You're doing so, so well, AJB - well done!

Thanks Karen :) its so true at the start everyone was saying "oooh I can really see it coming off your face" and now its finally starting to shift off my bum (hoorah!) still waiting for my bingo wings to do a disappearing act though LOL

Haha - I'm even considering surgery to get rid of mine! My Auntie lost 10st on LL last year and, at first, her bingo wings were pretty bad. I haven't seen her for about 6 months and we met at a family party last month and WOW! She's nearly 60 and all those baggy bits have shrunk back pretty well. She's going to the gym a lot but I'd be happy with her arms!!

Karen - it's good to know it does "shrink to fit" a bit! I'm worrying about my tum a bit. Not enough to let it stop me tho :)

Hi Lucy. Yeah, I think we all worry about our skin shrinking to fit. I lost nearly 5 stone on LL last year (and put 3 of them back on because I didn't do RTM so hey, here I am, back on it!) and I was surprised, straight away, how much my tummy shrunk back. My legs were a bit 'dodgy' but they've always been the worst part about me and I didn't give my skin a chance to get used to having less to fill it out!! My auntie said everything was very wobbly at first and she was worried but she's quite happy now, after nearly 12 months, that everything is shrinking back. But remember - we're talking TEN stone here and that's a lot more than we want to lose. I don't think our skin will be brilliant immediately but give it a few months and we'll be happy with the way we look. PMA, that's all we need!!!

Kara, that was my magic number - 10 stone - and boy did I know it!! I was so loose, I wanted all my skin pulled up and tied in a knot on the top of my head!! LOL

You aunt is lucky, I don;tknow how long she was that big, but I was overweight for about 25 years, so unfortunately I did not shrink back as much as I would have liked - but I did shrink back some.

At first it really bothered me - I wanted everything tucked. But I have gotten used to it now, and don;t really care. It is far better to have a few bits of loose skin then 140 pounds of blubber.

So dont worry ladies - it does improve, and a lot depends on your ages, how long you have been heavy and good old DNA.

:)

i know depends how much a person would have etc....but i would like to think the saggy skin wouldnt bother me too much, like you say its far more important that all the fat has gone!

Hi girls,
I'm sure your skin won't be bad. I agree with BL.She looks fab.
Okay, maybe we haven't got the taut bodies of a 20 year old, but clothes cover a multitude of sins and we sure look a lot better than we did before we lost over 20stone between us!!
The loose skin does get better.
Time helps as well as exercise and creams. I feel much less self-conscious than I did before LL.
It is a joy being slim and healthy and having loads of energy - not to mention lots of lovely clothes and high heels.

:dooney::dooney::dooney::dooney::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

You are all so very inspiring. Thank you. You are keeping me going. I can't go to a LL group so you ARE my group! How was your weigh-in, Lucy?

well done lucy x

Back