Why do I always feel hungry...

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by ChubLock, 7 February 2008 Social URL.

1. ChubLock

ChubLock Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.44%)
    Diet:
    SW/5:2
    Today I've written down everything thing I've eaten between 7.20am this morning and 6.15pm today. Seems an awful lot of food, and yet I still felt hungry throughout the day..

> Cornflakes w. skimmed milk for brekkie (7.20am)
    > Banana and cup of water (11.15am)
    > Two chicken wraps w. babycorn, green beans and peppers, cooked in fry light. 1 low fat choc mousse (1.15pm)
    > Turkey, 3 potatoes, carrots, cornflake cake and custard, small glass of apple juice. (5.20pm)
    > Snacks: small jar of gherkins and I'm going to have 1/2 tin of sweetcorn and 2 slices of wholemeal toast w. low fat flora in a bit cos I still feel hungry.

But surely thats a LOT of food for me to still feel hungry. Hmmm?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ChubLock

ChubLock Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.44%)
    Diet:
    SW/5:2
    ETA: I've also had some peach slices in low-fat natural yogurt..

I would love to be satisfied from a small amount of food but alas, not sure it's going to happen :(

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Maybe you need a little more protein? A few almonds may serve you better than the toast or a hard boiled egg?. More turkey and less potatoes?

Hunger levels are so contrary. I know I can 'feel' hungry on twice that amount if I have a relaxing day. The mind plays tricks ;)

Also, don't forget to drink. That helps.

5. SkinnyMalink

SkinnyMalink Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Are you on SW? If so and it's within your daily syn allowance etc then that's absolutely fine! You should eat until you're not hungry, that's the point!

Still, if you are doing SW then definitely fill up on your free foods. Wraps etc are very high in syn but don't fill you up too much.

6. rowanx2

rowanx2 Losing the baby fat

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    The Get into a Swimsuit Diet
    I was just going to say protein. You know what does a good job of filling me - one of those tesco healthy living half cans of beans and a fried egg. Around 260 cals the lot if youre really careful and use just a dot of sunflower oil. And cos its a fried egg it seems like a treat.

7. help6363

help6363 Member

Hello!

I used to feel hungry all the time too and even if I ate everything my heart desired I still felt hungry.....so I know how you feel!

This is what worked for me....... I worked out that my emotions were connected to food. Once I started dealing with my emotions and no looking to food to stop my emotions, I started to feel less hungry. I went to Overeaters Annoymous (IT'S FREE and world wide, if you are interested have a look in the phone book). I learnt how not to use food for emotional reasons. This is what it was from MY exprience, it may be a different issues for you.

Additionally, I had my thyriod checked.

I know you can and will do this.

Sorry I cannot not offer a real answer.......BIG HUGS!:)

Hang in there, k?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.