Why do I always feel hungry...

ChubLock

Silver Member
Today I've written down everything thing I've eaten between 7.20am this morning and 6.15pm today. Seems an awful lot of food, and yet I still felt hungry throughout the day..

> Cornflakes w. skimmed milk for brekkie (7.20am)
> Banana and cup of water (11.15am)
> Two chicken wraps w. babycorn, green beans and peppers, cooked in fry light. 1 low fat choc mousse (1.15pm)
> Turkey, 3 potatoes, carrots, cornflake cake and custard, small glass of apple juice. (5.20pm)
> Snacks: small jar of gherkins and I'm going to have 1/2 tin of sweetcorn and 2 slices of wholemeal toast w. low fat flora in a bit cos I still feel hungry.

But surely thats a LOT of food for me to still feel hungry. Hmmm?

ETA: I've also had some peach slices in low-fat natural yogurt..

I would love to be satisfied from a small amount of food but alas, not sure it's going to happen :(

Maybe you need a little more protein? A few almonds may serve you better than the toast or a hard boiled egg?. More turkey and less potatoes?

Hunger levels are so contrary. I know I can 'feel' hungry on twice that amount if I have a relaxing day. The mind plays tricks ;)

Also, don't forget to drink. That helps.

Today I've written down everything thing I've eaten between 7.20am this morning and 6.15pm today. Seems an awful lot of food, and yet I still felt hungry throughout the day..

> Cornflakes w. skimmed milk for brekkie (7.20am)
> Banana and cup of water (11.15am)
> Two chicken wraps w. babycorn, green beans and peppers, cooked in fry light. 1 low fat choc mousse (1.15pm)
> Turkey, 3 potatoes, carrots, cornflake cake and custard, small glass of apple juice. (5.20pm)
> Snacks: small jar of gherkins and I'm going to have 1/2 tin of sweetcorn and 2 slices of wholemeal toast w. low fat flora in a bit cos I still feel hungry.

But surely thats a LOT of food for me to still feel hungry. Hmmm?

Hello!

I used to feel hungry all the time too and even if I ate everything my heart desired I still felt hungry.....so I know how you feel!

This is what worked for me....... I worked out that my emotions were connected to food. Once I started dealing with my emotions and no looking to food to stop my emotions, I started to feel less hungry. I went to Overeaters Annoymous (IT'S FREE and world wide, if you are interested have a look in the phone book). I learnt how not to use food for emotional reasons. This is what it was from MY exprience, it may be a different issues for you.

Additionally, I had my thyriod checked.

I know you can and will do this.

Sorry I cannot not offer a real answer.......BIG HUGS!:)

Hang in there, k?

Back