why do i do it!! lost 11lb gained 8 in a week!

vampalicious

Silver Member
im so miserable :( so i had a great first week, didnt cheat once, lost 11lbs! wow, went to the seaside with my kids, they all tucked into ice cream and fish and chips, i had my shake, then come friday i got a family kebab with my partner, i knew i was having an easter meal on the sunday which i planned to have that day off, so because id ate friday what do you think i thought on saturday? yep i might as well eat seen as im having sunday off, so i have eaten friday, saturday and sunday, and this morning the scales say i have gained 8lb!!
:( i didnt even eat that much, im so mad with myself :(

I think this is one of the biggest disadvantages of CD. If you fall off the wagon, even if you eat semi-decently, the weight piles on just as quick as it came off.

I ate "real" food this weekend because we were planting a vegetable garden and I was doing a lot of heavy physical labor.

My reward? I'm up 10 lbs from my low weight of just over a week ago.

I know the weight will come off, so I just have to get back to doing the shake thing. Try not to be too discouraged, because the weight will come off as quick as you put it back on.

I did a similar thing the other week, my OH booked for us to go away for the weekend before i started CD as mum is terminally ill and said i needed to get away, had full intentions of being good and before you knew it i had put 4lb on, i discovered that at the end of week one going into week 2 is when you are most suseptable to eating, put it behind you and look forward

aww poor vamp! Just put it behind you and start fresh tomorrow.

it will drop off really fast honey. just get straight back on the wagon and glug loads of water. don't give up, it will be ok :)

abz xx

Hey, dont lose faith! Go back and read your blog! I just had a read and its exactly the place im in at the moment, im going to start my cambridge diet in 2 weeks when my exams are over and then i have 12 weeks until my holiday to lose as much weight as is physically possible! Im aiming fo 4 stone. :) Reckon il be happy within myself then. :)

Just get straight back on your shakes like you never slipped up! I cant help but think you will regret it if you give up now! You were so determined in your blog! Go back and read!!

Let me know how you do. :) Good luck!
Jess xx

I think we sometimes try to give ourselfs excuses to eat , saying well as I took that day off i'll have another too .
I guess at the end of the day its how much we want to put into this to get out of this diet , I can tell you i'm having the same prob .

Hi Vamp, I'm with IndigoMondays on this, you can't give up even if you feel rather dispondant. Call it a learning curve: those who experience learning curves are usually the most successful!

Luv n hugs, Penny x

Have just read your blog and know how you must be feeling right now.
The weekend has been and gone so just forget it ever happened and start again. just think sunshine, sea, and other things....!!!
You CAN do this and you know you want to. We all have times when we stray and that's life but you have the determination to lose the weight and know how much better your holiday will be when you are slim. Just think how good you will feel lying on the sunbed by the pool a few stone lighter.
I lost a lot of weight a couple of years ago on LL so I could go to New Zealand and feel comfortable on a long flight. It felt so good to be able to do things when I was there too that I wouldn't have been able to before. Sadly I too put it back on because I wasn't in the right frame of mind but now want to change my weight for life before it is too late and CD is definitely the way to do it. I go to Ibiza in 18 weeks and sooooooooo don't want to be Mrs Blobby this time. I am determined to be the first on the water slides this year instead of just watching. I want to do the silly dances at the end of the evening this year instead of feeling so self conscious about my size that I just have another drink and sing along rather than take part.

This year is going to be so good for so many of us, YOU included!!!
Have a good day.
Sarah
x

Hi Vampalicious,

I did a similar thing having the Easter weekend off but everyone is right. I weighed myself yesterday and had put on 8lbs, today i've laready lost 3lbs! I know, I know i shouldn't weigh myself each day but it definately helps to keep me motivated. Just chalk it down to experience. If you're anything like me, the food over the weekend didn't even taste as good as I remembered..... definately another plus to stop me doing it again. Just remember NOTHING tastes as good as SKINNY feels!! Don't give up, just dust yourself off and try harder. Good luck, I'm sure you'll get back into it with ease x

I bet nearly all of us have done it - if not on this diet, then on one of the others we've tried. I know I have.

Right. You lost 11lbs the first week then gained back 8lbs. Nearly all (if not all) of that 8lbs will be regained glycogen and water. If you climb back on the wagon right now, it'll be off again in 3 days - the average time it takes to get back into ketosis. So you're 3 days behind with where you wanted to be, that's all. The trick is to get back on it NOW!!

Easier said than done, I know. But you can do this!!

{{hugs}}

You can include me in that :copon: But you did 100% in your first week vampalicious (fab name and I luv your pic - you look gorgeous) and you can do it again.

It is so true that once you have a slight blip we go the whole hog and do the blip for days rather than taking it as it is.

I also hear what MsJMC is saying.:break_diet:

You can do it hun x

i discovered that at the end of week one going into week 2 is when you are most suseptable to eating,

Was interested to find this out because I'm into week 2 and having mega cravings, finding today really difficult, going to half my last shake and its my fav choc mint so hopefully that will keep me from having something else.

hi everyone, ive not been on here for 6 days as ive been stuffing my fat face :( feel so pants :( well ive decided that i have to do this, theres no messing about for me now, ive had a good week off now its time to get serious lol! i still have a weeks worth of shakes so starting again tomorrow, im not going to give in!! i cant give in..i need to lose 2 stone for my hols and even more for my wedding in november!!

thank you all for your support, sometimes i feel like im the only one trying to lose weight lol, ill post more often to keep me motivated
thank you all again :) x

Keep posting Vamp, it's the only thing that has kept me pointing forwards after my many wobbles... I think sometimes you have to wait for your head to click back into the zone, to WANT to do this... it is HARD and it can be a long slog, but it works, so in the end you will get the losses you want. You have all the motivation you need and on here, as you know, there is plenty of support.

You can do it Vamp. Hugs.

xxx

Well done for restarting...you can do it and there is NO doubt that all the postings on here help soooooo much.
I am doing SS+ so I still have a bit of food and am finding that easier to stick to than SS as don't feel so deprived. Think that was where I went wrong when I did LL a couple of years ago.
Looking forward to seeing all your fab losses on here very soon.
Sarah
x

Well done for getting back on the wagon!! I find this forum so amazingly supportive, so keep posting :):) Lots of luck for tomorrow :hug99: You CAN do this! x

Good luck with the restart, and remember unless you ate 30000 calories over you havn't gained weight and will lose it as quick as you gained.

ahhhhh there you are!
I posted that I was looking for you a while ago (a few weeks back now) you were a little inspiration to me and were doing soooo well hun - so I just know you can get back into it and do it again - your posts on a daily basis kept me so inspired and then I couldn't find you, it was like where's she gone? lol. Anyway, I'm glad to see you're back, don't disappear on us this time, good or bad, we can motivate each other, you CAN do this! You have this biggest goal to look forward to with your wedding and a holiday aswell. it's just these first couple of weeks to get out of the way first hun - day by day x

Back