Why do i do it ????

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Tush, 13 June 2010 Social URL.

1. Tush

Tush Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.33%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    This is my problem - i weigh in - get a great result and then justify to myself that 4 slices of small garlic bread is well deserved cause i had been so good all week. Its a vicious circle im caught up in !!!!

Im back on track this morning but cant believe i at them last night "because" i lost 4 pounds and went on a walk yesterday !

Any words of wisdom ladies ?:wave_cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Tatws

Tatws Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(3.88%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    no wisdom im afraid but if its any consolation I do it too. Perhaps it stems from the sweetie rewards I had as a kid for being good etc??? I dont know but even when Im aware Im doing it I still eat it. When I was doing weight watchers because I had so many points I used to have fish and chips on my way home after being weighed!

4. Tush

Tush Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.33%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    OMG - I done that after WW every week too plus had a few drinks that evening !!!:confused:

5. moomintrolljen

moomintrolljen Will be thin god dammit!!

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I have a tube of smarties after WI and dont count them - ooooh Im a rebel without a clue!

6. possum

possum Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    8st4lb(45.49%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    What about buying yourself a treat you can have with your syns ahead of time? Or a non-food treat?

But yeah, I know what you mean. I was a lot more relaxed yesterday and had an ice-cream after I weighed myself.

7. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Why not use your syns on a weekly basis like many people here do. If you want the garlic bread then you can have it just count the syns from your weekly allowance. That way you don't feel guilt for going off plan and you carry on as normal for the rest of the week.

8. Tush

Tush Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.33%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Are you only alloweed to save 5 syns per day - thats a good idea ! then i could have a little mini binge on Friday nights !

9. ~Lucky~

~Lucky~ Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    If it was 4 slices from a baguette rather than 4 individual ones (which are like whole slices of bread on their own) then it may not have been too bad. I remember when I first started SW I used to make veg spag bol and have some garlic bread on the side as a synned treat. I think I used to get 3 slices and it would work out around 3.5 syns a slice (it was reduced fat). Obviously this varies by make but even if it was 5 syns a slice then you would be over for the day but it shouldn't ruin your whole week.

Draw a line under it and next time you're faced with something like garlic bread just grab your book and your scales and work it out. There's nothing wrong with treating yourself but you can be smart about it and 'treat' and 'diet' at the same time.

10. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

i dont think there is a reason why you do it - apart from you are human, and have things you want to eat! and on SW you can have it, just need to syn it!

Ive gone totally overboard this weekend (really bad!) and i am now facing up to the fact i will have gained on my next weigh in - but like you - i am back on it - so at least thats something, you could have just given up - so give yourself some praise....xxx you can do it - good luck! x

11. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would say to have minimum 5 syns every day but what you do with the rest is up to you.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.