Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

why do I look fat in my swimming costume & slim in my jeans?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Cherry Plum, 11 May 2007 Social URL.

1. Cherry Plum

Cherry Plum One day at a time

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    lighter life
    Why do I look slim in the mirror wearing clothes, but in my swim costume/underwear I still look as fat as I did before & I've lost 3 stone.
    Could it be that I avoided mirrors when half dressed? I don't actually rememeber.
    I know I always checked myself when clothed.
    Anyone feel the same or got any ideas?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lumpy

Lumpy One day at a time

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(6.02%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Hello Cherry Plum,

Oh thank god someone else feels this way. I did LL last year and got down to 9 1/2 stone - BUT I wanted to carry on losing weight because I looked so bad.......really lumpy legs etc.......I regained weight, and am now attempting to do LL again after trying other methods, but don't feel I need to lose as much weight as I look at pictures of me at 12 stone and I think I look absolutely fine.

I'm a bit worried that I will start obsessing about this again though when I get to 12 stone!!!

4. NICKY

NICKY Full Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Before My First Ll Meet I Got My Husband To Take A Photo Of Me In My Underwear!!!!!
    (no We Are Not Kinky) So That I Would Spot The Difference After Foundation
    Maybe You Are Not As Big As You Think You Are Babe
    You Have Lost A Lot Of Weight In A Short Time And Things Will Take A While To Even Out
    Your Skin Will Shrink Back Eventually Andthen You Will See The Difference
    I Think We All Have Bumps And Bulges Anyway
    They Add To Our Character
    Good On You
    Xxxxx

5. fatpossum

fatpossum Silver Member

Maybe you need a tighter costume with lots of licra and a nicely structured bust area.

I put on my costume the other day and was quite pleased with what I saw - but then it is a Triumph and very structured. Everything was nicely pulled into place and I liked it!!

Why don't you nip into a department store over the weekend and try on a few smaller sizes you might be pleasantly surprised.

6. Cherry Plum

Cherry Plum One day at a time

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    lighter life
    Maybe I should get a photo taken in underwear now, because I have got at least another 3 stone to go, then I'll be able to see the difference.

Yeh FP I might just get a new swimming costume, the other doe's look slightly baggy when I get out of the pool.

I think when I look in the mirror I just can't get past the fat on my hips & legs, where as when they are covered I can't see the fat.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.