why do I look fat in my swimming costume & slim in my jeans?

Cherry Plum

One day at a time
Why do I look slim in the mirror wearing clothes, but in my swim costume/underwear I still look as fat as I did before & I've lost 3 stone.
Could it be that I avoided mirrors when half dressed? I don't actually rememeber.
I know I always checked myself when clothed.
Anyone feel the same or got any ideas?

Hello Cherry Plum,

Oh thank god someone else feels this way. I did LL last year and got down to 9 1/2 stone - BUT I wanted to carry on losing weight because I looked so bad.......really lumpy legs etc.......I regained weight, and am now attempting to do LL again after trying other methods, but don't feel I need to lose as much weight as I look at pictures of me at 12 stone and I think I look absolutely fine.

I'm a bit worried that I will start obsessing about this again though when I get to 12 stone!!!

Before My First Ll Meet I Got My Husband To Take A Photo Of Me In My Underwear!!!!!
(no We Are Not Kinky) So That I Would Spot The Difference After Foundation
Maybe You Are Not As Big As You Think You Are Babe
You Have Lost A Lot Of Weight In A Short Time And Things Will Take A While To Even Out
Your Skin Will Shrink Back Eventually Andthen You Will See The Difference
I Think We All Have Bumps And Bulges Anyway
They Add To Our Character
Good On You
Xxxxx

Maybe you need a tighter costume with lots of licra and a nicely structured bust area.

I put on my costume the other day and was quite pleased with what I saw - but then it is a Triumph and very structured. Everything was nicely pulled into place and I liked it!!

Why don't you nip into a department store over the weekend and try on a few smaller sizes you might be pleasantly surprised.

Maybe I should get a photo taken in underwear now, because I have got at least another 3 stone to go, then I'll be able to see the difference.

Yeh FP I might just get a new swimming costume, the other doe's look slightly baggy when I get out of the pool.

I think when I look in the mirror I just can't get past the fat on my hips & legs, where as when they are covered I can't see the fat.

Back