Why do I still do it?

cheekychinchilla

Gold Member
My Mum and Sis decided to order in last night. First I declined and then I caved....after about 3 seconds :eek:
I ordered chicken chow mein. I weighed it when it arrived and it was over 900g :eek:
And you know what? I didn't enjoy it one bit. It was just horrible! Why do I still order take away's when I'm so disappointed by them and waste my syns?!
Does anyone else do things like this??

I'm sure we all do things sometimes and then wish that we'd saved our syns for something else. All you can do is next time try to remember how disappointing it tasted this time.
Luckily my OH hates takeaways of any sort apart from the occasional portion of chippy fish and chips so I'm not tempted very often.

Do you know what, I don't know why. But I am the same. Friday night we went out. I made sure we'd eaten beofre we went, and we still ended up buying a takeaway, ok not a pizza, but still chicken shish and donar meat, with potato wedges and garlic. I was so drunk I can't even remember if I enjoyed it. My only solution, or me that is, is to forgo my social life for a few months until I get to target, which I plan to do after Xmas.

my DH doesnt like any kind of take a way foods either and so we have never been big fans so to be honest they dont bother me, i do haow ever often crave fish and chips from the chippy but i remind myself of the syn values and :cry: all the way home and make my own chips that way i can have heaps and heaps and feel good..:)
im 100% focused so its easy for me to do at the moment;)

On the positive side, you did order chicken chow mein which is, I believe, the lowest syn value dish you can have from a chinese restaurant. So you must have had sw in the back of your mind somewhere. :)

I think we all sabotage ourselves to a certain degree, I'm not sure what the answer is, sometimes it seems so unfair that we are having this battle with our weight while others eat what they like and stay slim.

But if every time we fall we get straight back on plan, in the long term I don't think it does too much damage, it just shows we are human. Our weight loss may be a bit slower than we would like but our diet is now generally so much healthier and the small losses do still add up. :D

totally agree on the takeaway disappointment - had a chinese the other week and thought I could've made it better myself, think its to do with the fact that you prob eat more natural stuff now i.e; veggies and fruit that you realise how greasy everything else is!!

On the plus side you didn't do much damage and next time can say no and make yourself something tasty - honestly it takes just the same amount of time to cook something as it does to walk down the takeaway order and bring it home just a bit of effort to cook it :)

Even pre-SW, I hate the feeling after a big fat Chinese. It doesn't help that my fave dish is Sweet & Sour chicken and as much as I enjoy it at the time, the greasy, bloatedy, stuffed feeling afterwards always made me regret eating it... until the following week!

I had a nice take away on Sat night from the Indian. Dry tandoori chicken tikka with salad and a bit of the sauce that comes with it, with boiled rice, salad and bombay potatoes. I didn't count the syns but it was definitely one of the most healthy options I could have gone for. I really enjoyed it and none of the awful bloated, sicky feelings afterwards!

I've really gone off Chinese - had one about 6 weeks ago and if I never have another one I won't be that bothered - it was disgusting! Take aways aren't always as 'quick' as we think they are - by the time we've decided what to order, waited for it be made and picked it up or had it delivered we could probably have done something much tastier and SW friendly! xxx

I keep having Bk meals - it's like I can't not do it. Works out about once every two weeks and those are the weeks I gain or sts, it's not rocket science and yet I still do it!
Did it on Friday...and we didn't have a very 'on plan' weekend either and so I'll have gained this week *sigh* Why do we do it??
Also, this last time, I was woken at 3am with the most awful tummy ache which stayed with me, on a less painful scale, all through the next day!

was determined to be 100% till xmas managed 3 weeks then friday night after a few to many vodkas my hubby ordered a kebab i wasnt gonna but i hadnt had one for so long i ordered a chicken shish kebab (without coleslaw) i wasnt planning on eating the pitta bread but i did i did enjoy it though lol

Last takeaway i had was a chinese, it wasnt that nice and an hour later i was starving so not good. Fortunatley i now have a cold and cant taste a thing so im living off soup cos whats the point in anything extravagant if i cant taste it?

I think that the chicken chow mein is only 7 syns in the green/red book. Despite everything written above, if I'm honest, I could polish one off right now.... However, as I am at work, I can only daydream... :wave_cry:

does sw do a book with more full syn values for takeaways? the little book is a bit rubbish! i have from my chinese special chop suey, which is all the meats in a lightish sauce packed full of veg. this comes up as "with noodles" in the sw online syn thingy, so as would syn higher as counting noodles on red or meat on green. im sure my fave dish would be lower syn on etra easy as veg is free and meat is free, so would really just be syning the sauce.

I think that the chicken chow mein is only 7 syns in the green/red book. Despite everything written above, if I'm honest, I could polish one off right now.... However, as I am at work, I can only daydream... :wave_cry:

That is true about the syns. But when I weighed mine it worked out to 2.5 the portion size in the SW book, so it cost me a lot of syns!! To be honest, if I enjoyed it then I wouldn't be complaining! I don't mind spending my syns if it's something I really like, I was just super disappointed this week.
Ah well, good to know I'm not alone ;) I will probably never learn either :rolleyes:

i do this all the time too! OH likes takeaways sees it as a treat and doesn't understand that i genuinely don't enjoy them all the time. once in a while yes but not every week!

by the time you have decided what you want and gone to get it you really are as quick making something yourself! but he is convinced it saves time lol!!

X

you're not alone! I was starving last weekend and caved when my fella suggested a chinese. It was horrible and i didn't enjoy one single bite of it. We're only human ... xx

Well I have a take-away (chinese) most weeks and I still lose weight! I have chicken and mushroom with boiled rice. This last week, however, I ordered chicken chow mein and an extra portion of boiled rice! I ate all the boiled rice and just added a bit of the chow mein to it and it was delicious!! Not sure of the syn value but I'd had no other syns that day.

Last week my hubby wanted fish and chips. He's eating healthily and has lost 6 stones since April. He's not had fish and chips in over 8 months. He got me a fish too (which I de-battered!) and a big portion of mushy peas. So on an EE day that was all free.

And I often go to Subway and either have a salad or have a sandwich on wholewheat and count it as my HEb and all my syns for the day.

We still have to live life, so making good choices shouldn't affect your weightloss too much (as long as you don't do it too often, lol) :D

Back