Why do we have to drink so much?

Rocky Road

Hi all. I am kind of following what I'm told and glugging as much as I can but I wonder if anyone knows why, on this diet, there is a requirement to drink so much? Is that just the amount everyone should be drinking every day regardless of whether they are on a diet or does this diet require more fluid than others? It would interest me to know.

I think that when not on a VLCD our normal food contains lots of water. On a TFR diet we need to ensure that hydration is adequate so the liquid requirements are in line with that.

I felt the same, I hated water. Now I see it as part of the plan

If I eat a bar i have 750 ML water bottle with it. Keeps me full also

End of the day when I drink up I loose more. I use a wine glass when at home and it makes it easier

Try little and often, if your hungry drink first wait a good hour and then consider a pack

RebekahR said:
I felt the same, I hated water. Now I see it as part of the plan

If I eat a bar i have 750 ML water bottle with it. Keeps me full also

End of the day when I drink up I loose more. I use a wine glass when at home and it makes it easier

Try little and often, if your hungry drink first wait a good hour and then consider a pack

Good plan!

At one point I was having my water in a wine glass and my shakes in a variety of cocktail glasses! It honestly made it more enjoyable ;)

Remember hot drinks count though as long as no caffeine. Get yourself a big mug and a nice cup of decaf tea is then nearly half a litre if you get the right mug. Have some redbush or decaf coffee too and in just 4 cups a day and you are pretty much there :)

Thanks all. I have a glass of water with me at all times. I like the Tesco strawberry and soda water and I have some Dr Pepper Zero and Coke Zero also as well as my white wine flavouring but I mainly have plain water. I was given a list of things I could drink from Slim and Save and there are quite a lot of different drinks allowed. My list doesn't say decaf though, it just says tea and coffee so I am wondering if I should have been taking decaf :eek:

When you're in ketosis, you produce a lot of ketones which come out in your urine. If you don't drink enough you'll burn those ketones as energy bit drinking water flushes them all out so you burn your fat!!

(it's something like that)

Skinny girls drink a lot of water :)

Back