Why do YOU want to lose weight?

Cherry Cola

I thought this would be an interesting subject and might also help anyone who is struggling at the moment or in the future to come back to this thread and remind themselves of why they started this journey.

Well I want to lose weight for many reasons but I will list the main ones now :

1. I look back at pics of myself from 6 ish years ago when I was size 10/12 and feel so sad that I'm not that size anymore! Although I have had two kids in that time :)

2. I don't want my kids to be one of the ones with a 'fat mammy' at the school gate, I want them to be proud of me and I want to set a good example of body image and healthy eating.

3. I am hoping to go to uni to study nursing in September 2014 and with all the interviews next year I want to present myself well. As awful as it is we all know interviewers apparently prefer slim people/women!

4. Last but not least - I want to throw out my old size 18 (then size 16 and 14) clothes and never see them again!!!!

So, what's your reasons? :)

I want to forget about the Annus Horriblis (2012) and get back to the person who I was! I know that I am Healthier, Fitter and Happier the smaller I am! Roll on the next 9lbs dropping off! X

Lol good name, didn't have too good a year last did you Serena?

Btw I love the name Serena it was one of my choices to name my 13 week old baby girl :)

Lol good name, didn't have too good a year last did you Serena?

Btw I love the name Serena it was one of my choices to name my 13 week old baby girl :)

Awwwwww, Serena is an awesome name ;-) Last Year was awful, 2013 IS going to be better! X

I want to lose weight cuz in two years I have let myself pile on 6st. Absolutely atrocious. I won't lie that at the beginning of those two years, things were easy, cuz they really weren't; I split with my ex and my gaining 'independence' was, unfortunately, eating what I wanted and when I wanted. Obviously, that's not solely to blame, it was a lot of bad choices on the way, but I feel like that's where it all began. I also gained a great relationship with my new partner's family, who are all very large, and so I was eating the fat-laden stuff they piled onto my plate. So now, I'm determined that the next time I see his family, I'll be 13st, which is 2st lighter than I was when I saw them last boxing day. :)

I want to lose weight cuz in two years I have let myself pile on 6st. Absolutely atrocious. I won't lie that at the beginning of those two years, things were easy, cuz they really weren't; I split with my ex and my gaining 'independence' was, unfortunately, eating what I wanted and when I wanted. Obviously, that's not solely to blame, it was a lot of bad choices on the way, but I feel like that's where it all began. I also gained a great relationship with my new partner's family, who are all very large, and so I was eating the fat-laden stuff they piled onto my plate. So now, I'm determined that the next time I see his family, I'll be 13st, which is 2st lighter than I was when I saw them last boxing day. :)

I'm loving your determination :) Do you have a diary on here? X

I don't actually. I always wondered what I'd put in it, or whether people would be interested in reading it!

I don't actually. I always wondered what I'd put in it, or whether people would be interested in reading it!

I love reading people's diaries, I just write about any old rubbish in mine, it's where the cool kids hang out ;-) x

I want to lose weight so I can be happy in myself! So when I stand beside people in photos I don't look twice the size of them!! I want to go into a shop and not have to avoid any clothes that have a zip as I know I will need a size 16 or 18, and will feel so horrid about myself that I can't seem to focus on anything and end up turning to food! :(

All great reasons :)

What sort of things do people put into diaries? Is it a daily thing or like a 'story' one off?

All great reasons :)

What sort of things do people put into diaries? Is it a daily thing or like a 'story' one off?

Daily Diary :) Think they are supposed to be about food but I write abut anything, it's really helped me. X

I've started one! I find it too easy to type and type about whatever is in my head. I was supposed to start it small, but I had a couple of paragraphs!

I've started one! I find it too easy to type and type about whatever is in my head. I was supposed to start it small, but I had a couple of paragraphs!

Found you :) x

I want to lose weight as I have just had a baby.
I'm always on a diet......since I can remember, always wanting to get to 9.7 but its never happened!!
When I was pregnant I ate what I wanted cause I knew i'd be back on the wagon so now I have an extra 2 stone to get off :)
Baby is 8 weeks old and I don't want to be a fatty mummy!!

I want to lose weight as I have just had a baby.
I'm always on a diet......since I can remember, always wanting to get to 9.7 but its never happened!!
When I was pregnant I ate what I wanted cause I knew i'd be back on the wagon so now I have an extra 2 stone to get off :)
Baby is 8 weeks old and I don't want to be a fatty mummy!!

Hey! Remember me?
Iv had my baby now aswel, he's 7 weeks old tomorrow :)

im already 2lbs under my pre baby weight ... I put on 2st 5lbs during my pregnancy

Last edited:
Back