Why does EVERYONE have an opinion???

ChrissyRiley

Silver Member
I've told everyone now that I'm on CD as many people started to notice my weigh loss quite quickly,
Since then I've had so many people telling me I'm losing weight too fast, it's dangerous BLAH BLAH BLAH!
Why do people have such an opinion on something they know nothing about except for the rumours?
It's doing my head in!
I had a girl on facebook put up a status saying "The Cambridge diet is CRAP" And seeing how I'm the only person she know's that is on it I know it was aimed at me!
I wrote her a loooong reply basically telling her she didn't know what she was talking about, the people who re-gain the weight are the ones who dont follow the stept etc and just not to knock it till you try it!
I think it's fuelled by the green eyed monster tbh because she herself is a bigger girl,
But just because she hasn't found a plan that works for her why slate the solution I've found to my weight problem?!
GRRRR! Anyone else had really negative and almost nasty responses to the plan?xx

Oh I am sooooooo with you on this one. I have had to listen to 2 lectures this week about I will just put it all back on blah blah and no matter what you say they are right but after my 7lb weight loss this week its fingers up to them ha ha. Definitely jealousy :) x

And it's only the beginning, sadly :( Do they know that calorie counting can be dangerous too? (ie, if you don't eat all the nutrients needed). And that you can put weight back on after a conventional diet? I should know: I did it! I went to a dietician and everything... And put it all back on and more.

And what an immature way of "sharing her opinion". That smacks of immaturity to me and I wouldn't want to be associated to someone like that.

Right, rant over :D

You've been doing great Chrissy, and you're doing it for yourself, not other people :)

I have almost 1,000 facebook friends & of course everyone can notice the drastic change in my weight wise, so people comment.
I've had inbox's & comments saying 'as soon as you start eating again you're going to put it all back on' LOL well no. I've had plentyyyy of meals during my 23 weeks on Cambridge and not once put a pound on. Also, i said from the get go that i've chosen to cut carbs out of my diet. I haven't just lost 6 stone, will be 9 by november to just put it all back on again. People really don't agree with things they quite frankly don't understand.

Keep it to yourself, choose who you tell, thats the only and best way to handle it.

Hi Chrissy

I get this all the time, I think it is definitely the green eyed monster. I always say that people will put the weight back on after any diet if once they have finished they go back to eatiing the way they did before!!

Just ignore them and carry on, the way you look is testimont to how well this works xx

Hi All

I told the people I work with and was extremely surprised at their reaction. I was ready for all the negativity but what I got from them was the total opposite. I was absolutely delighted. I feel as though a weight has been lifted from my shoulders xx

I initially got these comments but after 6 months they seem to have shut up. I am now told that I have lost too much and that I could risk anorexia! I am still over 11 stones!
As far as cd is concerned, the latest research shows that people on CD were more likely to keep the weight off than those on a normal food diet - research which I think was carried out at Glasgow university. In addition some gps are referring patients to cd. Tell them that and that quite frankly they should keep their miserable negative thoughts to themselves!

Back