Why does it make me so miserable...

Shikei85

...not to be able to eat? I was just pondering this because of the title of krazychic's thread about her first week. A lot of the time when Im on Lipotrim I feel fine, upbeat, often not even hungry, especially in the mornings, but other times I just feel like crying because I want to eat SO BADLY. It's like not eating becomes the worst thing in the world and those are the times I struggle with the urge to throw in the towel, thinking if only I could eat something I'd be happy again or that this diet just isn't worth it (which I know in my saner moments is not true!). I wonder if its because of my body working out cravings, or something to do with food addiction, or just that my issue with food is that it makes me happy and I use it to treat myself?

It just strikes me as ridiculous sometimes that I would get so upset over something like not eating, maybe the body is just wired that way because we need food to survive, but if it's because eating makes me happy... well then I really need to find new things that make me happy! Does anyone else find themselves feeling the same?

"Being on a diet is hard, being fat is hard, choose your hard!" is probably the best quote for when I feel like that :)

I completely understand what ur going through and how your feeling! I am exactly the same at the minute. I'm only doing this diet since the 8th Oct and it is very hard!!! I have missed out on a good few family social occasions since I started this as I didnt want the temptation to get the better of me. And again this evening all my family are gettin together and having dinner at home in my parents house and again I cant go :cry:. But I'm only intending to do this diet until I lose 2 stone as I need to lose that much to get my BMI to 35 so as I can b put on the IVF list. This is the most important thing to me is to have a baby so if doing without food for another couple of weeks will get me closer to were I need to be then I will do anything. Just hang in there, think of the real reason your doing this, we all are doing it for different reasons. Chin up we are all behind ya :D

I think it's a combination of all of those things. I have been on this diet for 9 weeks now and up until Monday, I have battled day in and day out, actually drooling over food which is embarassing enough but when you make the slurpy noises and somebody looks at you strange, it's even worse!! We have all obviously got a very bad relationship with food otherwise why else would we be on this very hard diet? It will take time to first of all recognise this fact and how it manifests and then we need to work out how to deal with it while we're on TFR which may sound strange but is easier I think because we're sooo restricted so temptation is not in our way but the third and hardest part I think is maintaining it afterwards!!! I'm constantly thinking of how I am going to limit my portion sizes once I've reached my goal, how am I going to make better choices in food selecting healthy options rather than the bad ones.

Finally I think that the hardest part of this whole process is again post goal achievement, coming to terms with the fact that if we want to maintain our weight loss, then we have to make these healthy choices and control our portions.............wait for it.............for the rest of our lives!!!!!! Because if we don't gradually we will end up back where we started.........on week 1 wishing we were in ketosis and wondering how did we get back here again.

This is why I'm trying to use the time on TFR to re-think my whole attitude and relationship with food. I have a problem and it's been a very long standing one so everything else I've done in the past.......just doesn't work!!!! So I have to make lifestyle changes.......FOR LIFE!!!! It's the only way but it's heart breaking to think that I have to continue with this amazing willpower we all have to do this diet in the first place..........forever!

Sorry to be depresseing but yes, I feel the same but as I get slimmer and slimmer, I am feeling more positve and I'm trying to use this to my advantage and re-think. Look at it as not depriving myself but giving myself a better healthier life. It's only food at the end of the day and all I need to learn to do is make better choices!!! I can still take part in every part of my life and will enjoy it so much better, wearing nice clothes, not being in pain or having to sit out because I'm too fat or knackered to join in anything....the only sacrifice is chosing health food above junk, fat and calorie laden rubbish.

Oh I know how you feel and believe me I fought some demons this week. It was the worst week of my life and I started it in the worst week possible as I had my period and where
I craved everything in sight and even when I got weighed, I thought was it really worth all the pain and suffering that I put myself through? Even though I lost allot of weight I still haven't grasped which is better, eating or not eating. Food to me has always been a comfort. When things go wrong I just had to get my trusted 'Cadbury' to help me along and I would suddenly feel better. Last week I didn't allow myself to do that and i felt dreadful, it was like my best friend had just died and I was grieving for what I had lost hence being miserable. Lipotrim has to be one of the best vlcd' out there. I was glad that the shakes were as bland as they are because if I had have got the one with more variety like cambridge etc I think I would have cheated more. I will continue with it because I have 14 stone to lose and I know SW and ww as good as they are wouldnt give me the results that I want in 6 months. I really hope the feeling of wanting food disappears soon as when I reach refeed and keeping the weight off that's when the real battle will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ms R you're so right, need to accept that Im probably always going to struggle with my weight, but I'd rather be struggling and slim than struggling and fat like I am now :sigh2: I was starting to get miserable earlier and had to sternly remind myself that I CHOSE to be on this diet because I WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT, nobody is holding a gun to my head to stop me eating, its all me.

Back