Why does my weight vary so much?

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by wallyboy, 27 October 2011 Social URL.

1. wallyboy

wallyboy New Member

About two months ago, for no reason, I put on 5 lbs in a week!

This was supported by same scales, weighing first thing, on same day etc.

My weight flucated by a lb either way since then.

Last week, I lost the 5lbs!! Similar reading this week shows that it was a relaible reading?
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Vitology

Vitology Silver Member

I have the same kinda thing goin on! And when i think ive done good been on plan i gain n when ive over synned i can lose!!! Madness!!!
  4. Yeah I'm like this :(. I get really excited when I lose weight (like 3lbs in a day for no reason) but then super depressed if I put a pound on! How often do you weigh yourself? x
  5. happypear

happypear Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Calorie Counting (formerly WW PP)
    Mine does too. I think it's a combination of imprecise scales, general weight fluctuations and hydration levels etc. It's a pain and a good reason why I should only weigh myself on weigh in day but I'm always curious to see where I'm at and weigh myself anyway :rolleyes:.

I've been amazed that I have weighed myself for the last four days running and been exactly the same weight each time - literally the first time in 9 months of dieting that there hasn't been any fluctuation.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.