Why doesn't it work for me?

Hello. I am new and hoping you can help.

I have been doing SW for 3 weeks- the first week it was my birthday so had a couple of really bad days, but lost 1.5lb, the second week I did it religiously and lost 3lb.

This week I have again done it religiously, am doing the bronze exercise and my average syns per day over the week are 11.5. And I have stayed the same.

I am so depressed I have just eaten haalf a packet of biscuits. I really thought this one would work for me. Guess I was wrong.

Can aanyone tell me what have done wrong? I have been eating pasta and rice for tea and ham salads for lunch. Had one takeaway (chow mein) and no alcohol for 3 weeks.

:cry:

Are you eating enough superfree and snacking on fruit/veg? How about drinking more water?

How about halfing your pasta/rice dishes and putting veg and salad on your plate too?

Don't give up now you've already lost 4.5 lbs which is great!

xxx

Im not sure but I am too slightly disheartened. Last night was my third weigh in loss -2lb, loss-2.5lb and then last night just 2lb. I follow religiously and am at the gym or a class at least 4 times a week. But it is a loss all be it slow. I think I am just going to keep at it. I did find however that as I have always cooked from scratch quite healthily the only items I have really excluded from my diet is chocolate and alcohol . Maybe because my diet hasnt changed too drastically my weight loss will as equally non drastic ?

Try posting a food diary, perhaps someone will notice something you haven't love? I know the first time I gained I'd been drinking flavoured water all week thinking it was sugar free and it was not :eek:

Shelley - don't be disheartened, SW is designed to help you lose 1-2lb a week, what you're losing isn't slow it's perfect!

Ermmm ... it is working for you! You've lost 4½ pounds in three weeks so how isn't it working?

We all have weeks when we don't lose or even gain though we've been 100% on plan - that's just a fact of life because our bodies are not machines. All sorts of things unrelated to what we've eaten can affect our losses, including how much we have to lose and how close we are to target.

What I would suggest is that you post a few days food diaries so we can see exactly what and how much you eat eating just to double check. Include what you are drinking as this is hugely important if you exercise.

thanks.

I am trying to eat more fruit and veg, and am having salad with my lunch (or for my lunch). But I guess not with my evening meal, so I could try that. I always drink loads.

I am just *so* disappointed. 4.5lbs is a mere drop in the ocean of weight to lose. If I hadn't trieed so hard I wouldn't mind so much.

Hi mrs whistle.

I can understand you feel a little disheartened if you were expecting a bigger loss. 4.5lbs is nothing to be sniffed at but if you have a lot to lose I can see why you would feel its a 'drop in the ocean'. Just remember each little 1lb adds up - my losses are slow but already here I am 21.5lb down.
I can only advise based on my own experience - I lost 1.5lb in my first week and have continued to lose on average 0.5-1lb per week.

One week I put on 1lb and from that week on ANY loss was a SUCCESS.

I think the sooner you are in the mindset that any loss is a success, the sooner you will be positive and successful in your weight loss journey. It may take a few weeks or even a gain for you to get in that mindset, it may not.

But remember it DOES work for you - you've lost 4.5lbs!

Totally agree with last post! Keep on going, I also lost very slowly, slower than you actually!!! But here I am been and stayed at target for the last 8 months, 2.5stone lighter. Hope this helps hun

Well done you have done brilliantly. Better than putting it on. My losses are so slow that I am happy to sts...it gets disheartening but I feel better for being in control and eating much better. My snack is now pineapple or apple or yoghurt. Not the crisp and chocolate it used to be. Keep it up

keep at it ladies - it obviously IS working and the thing with SW is that often we eat more in doing the plan than when we dont - I know I definitely do! Thats the beauty of it - our bodies are getting used to decent amounts of healthy food and we are not starving ourselves.
Remember a pound a week is nearly 4 stone in a year! x

Thanks all. You have made me feel better, and I will keep going- at least until I end up :cry:next week anyway!

And this morning's biscuits were only(!) 12 syns (not that I was counting) so all is not yet lost.

4 stone in a year. That's food for thought.

Dont give up I think its better to do it slowly than not at all. Last time I done SW I was really strict and had hardly any syns but found if I had bad week (for holidays etc) the weight piled on really quickly.

This time around I am loosing weight more slowly and using my 10-15 syns a day and when I had a weekend away with the girls which included lots of food and alcohol only put on a 1lb which I was really pleased with.

SO KEEP GOING :D

You can do it, don't give up. As others have said it is still going down. Some people find it easy to lose, others have to fight to lose, but if you stick to it, in the end you will get there hunny.

Hope you have a good week, post up your food diary and will have a look

ps. are you having pasta or rice every night? I can't eat pasta or rice much or my losses halt. I find sw wedges, and jackets work better, and if i have rice or pasta i try and have brown x

It is working. I'm sorry but i find it fairly annoying when people say its not working then say "oh but i lost 4.5lb's in 3 weeks or 6.5 in 3 weeks" Both or them are averaging 1 to 2lb's a week which is slimming worlds aim, to lose a small amount means more chance of keeping it off. Yes, some people lose big, but you have to think, how big are they to start with? is there metabolism different to mine? have they gone from one hell of a lot of fatty food to healthy eating? There is so many factors determining peoples differences. Look at my weight loss, 9.5lb's in 9 weeks, thats very little over a pound a week, yet I stick with it cos even though my weight losses seem to be going less and less I am still losing, no matter the amount, and in the end I will get to my goal. So don't think "ah shoot only a pound, lets much some biccies", instead you should be thinking "well i lost a pound, thats a pound closer to my goal, think i'll have an apple now". Just remember whatever the loss you are STILL losing, or if you stay the same one week, hey it will more than likely come of the next week plus some, there are lots of things to contribute to a stay the same, doesn't necessarily mean you've done anything wrong.

Sorry to sound so blunt.

It is working. I'm sorry but i find it fairly annoying when people say its not working then say "oh but i lost 4.5lb's in 3 weeks or 6.5 in 3 weeks" Both or them are averaging 1 to 2lb's a week which is slimming worlds aim, to lose a small amount means more chance of keeping it off. Yes, some people lose big, but you have to think, how big are they to start with? is there metabolism different to mine? have they gone from one hell of a lot of fatty food to healthy eating? There is so many factors determining peoples differences. Look at my weight loss, 9.5lb's in 9 weeks, thats very little over a pound a week, yet I stick with it cos even though my weight losses seem to be going less and less I am still losing, no matter the amount, and in the end I will get to my goal. So don't think "ah shoot only a pound, lets much some biccies", instead you should be thinking "well i lost a pound, thats a pound closer to my goal, think i'll have an apple now". Just remember whatever the loss you are STILL losing, or if you stay the same one week, hey it will more than likely come of the next week plus some, there are lots of things to contribute to a stay the same, doesn't necessarily mean you've done anything wrong.

Sorry to sound so blunt.

I was 17.5 when I started and have never lost more than 3 pounds at a time - I am getting to target taking the scenic route!

Look at the big picture - that always helps. I put on a half this week but have still lost nearly 4 stone x

I was 17.5 when I started and have never lost more than 3 pounds at a time - I am getting to target taking the scenic route!

Look at the big picture - that always helps. I put on a half this week but have still lost nearly 4 stone x

I seem to be taking the scenic route too, only taken me 3 years or so to lose 3.5 stone (was a 6 month gap in there somewhere though), but its getting there slowly, I think a snail can move faster than I lose weight, but still its going xD

Hey. I had two losses of 4 lbs on both week 1 and 2 and was extra good on my 3rd week and lost nothing also! I had what I wanted to eat on the evening of the weigh in (choc bar and toast and nutella etc and went over my syns!!) and used that to kick start my metabolism after 2 good losses and then stuck to it totally the 4th week (I also made sure I ate more superfree and lots of water that week) and lost 2lbs.... so it does work, just stick to it! Sometimes your body goes into a bit of shock that you are eating better and losing weight and it needs a bit of a 'kick' to show you are still giving it enough food! lol x

Back