Why doesn't it work for me?

:) It does work xx even if you think it is slow then at least it is slowly downward....xx keep chin up and smile, I have done all the diets under the sun and with SW you can eat as long as you count your syns and your HEx's then every thing else is free or super free. I had a real lightening bolt moment in group last week, I always thought I stuck to plan like glue and cloudnt understand why i didnt loose/put on one /lost one and my group leader made a comment that opened my ears.... ' on EE you must only snack on things that are a 0 syns on original or green' anything else you must count as your syns' so previously on EE when i had snacked on chicken strips or ham i was adding calories in bucket fulls without realising as i only heard 'all free food' with no restrictions, this is my first week back on SW have been doing LL for 6 months but missed food! so weigh in tonight will be interesting to see how much i have lost :) sorry for rambling LOL
i thought you could eat meat etc free on EE???? Confused by saying cant snack on ham etc..... did i read that wrong....

green shoes said:
I'm really lost sorry, I have seen that name on some posts, i don't understand what is going on here i don't know if i should be taking this the wrong way?

Taking what the wrong way!!!!

vanilla_cupcake said:
never had courgettes what are they like?

I always hated courgettes as my only experience of them was them being soggy and tasteless. However now I love them, I put them in everything! Sliced thinly and stirfried, grated into pasta, bolognese, chilli anything really! On their own they are mild and almost creamy taste, which I think is why they go so well with everything else. X

The line is that superfree should be your first choice for snacks.
Ideally you should snack on fruit and veg but personally I don't see anything wrong with a mugshot or a bit of ham here and there. As long as you aren't stuffing yourself full of free food every mealtime without your 1/3 superfree and always choosing free rather than superfree snacks. I always have at least 1/3 at each meal (im lucky to love fruit and veg) so I feel comfortable choosing the odd mugshot if I'm peckish. If however I didn't always stick to the 1/3 I would ensure my snacks were always superfree.

hollys nan said:
And I was told you can snack on mugshots?

slowlyslowly said:
me too, i always thought free food was exactly that without limitation

On EE, the guidelines are that if you need to snack, the first choice should be superfree foods. Nothing on slimming world is without limitations, as everything should only be eaten until you are satisfied :)

sounds sensible, i think i have fell into a pattern of eating mostly free and perhaps thats why things have slowed down or at times stopped

No I tend to snack on fruit most of the time to be honest, only very occasionally is it a mugshot! Just wondered with having read the previous post, got a bit confused, which I do a lot ha ha. Thanks anyway

I'm beginning to wonder if SW needs to retrain all it's consultants! The amount of people who haven't been told that you should try & choose SUPERFREE first on EE is astounding. You'd think if they re going to push a pan they'd at least train them all up on it.

kingleds said:
I'm beginning to wonder if SW needs to retrain all it's consultants! The amount of people who haven't been told that you should try & choose SUPERFREE first on EE is astounding. You'd think if they re going to push a pan they'd at least train them all up on it.

I was going to say the same, it's shocking!!

I have to say that my consultant does really push the superfree element on EE. If anyone hasnt lost much or at all its usually the first thing that she questions.

Personally I could munch on chicken 'chips' and mushy peas every night of the week but as there is no superfree in it , I don't :cry:

She possibly could have said it during new members talk but it's a lot of info to try and take in.

Dont quote me as such, but I think when EE came out they didnt promote the 1/3 superfree at the time but then when everybody started eating plates of pasta and chips and stopped losing then they had to modify it.
I think there are some meals that I would struggle to have the 1/3 at - eg, spag bol - as I dont really like salad with it so I tend to throw loads of veg in the bol sauce and then eat some fruit straight after. Not sure if this is right but I dont have it that often anyway x

Back