Why Exante?! Finding my motivation.

leedsforever

Silver Member
After a really good first week and having the planned weekend off I have failed to get back on it again today.

Constant mind battles with the pros and cons of the diet. I woke up adamant to do it, then I kind of looked at calorie counting then after eating i realised I didnt want to stop and this is where exante is better for me.

Here I am going to highlight my own personal reasons why this is the best diet for me... also will put my cons and would like any input / solution into how I can turn that con into a pro :) please help! :p

My Pros

Quick results- time is ticking and goal is absolute vital
Cheap- I am running a very tight budget in July and Exante is less than £3.50 per day
Taking food out of the equation completely , gives me less chance of being tempted by naughty foods.
I feel healthier on exante, someone who works all different hours. Never has a decent diet structure , so high carbs is often my downfall leaves me feeling sluggish and lethargic

My cons

I see people sts and losing a 1lb or 2 per week on 100% ts , being someone who has never done it longer than 1 week I get put off at the thought of losing so little on a diet so hard
With planning I could eat for less than £3.50 per day (although that was my plan today and I ended up eating everything in sight (treats in office))
I want to excercise daily ... I want the energy to run, spin, body pump and train as much as possible. Exante can make me very moody tired and lack of energy.
I get sick of the shakes .. this is where I slacked back end of last week. Got to the point Id rather go without or have a tin of tuna in replacement of ANOTHER sweet shake.

This is my bikini shot, this is my biggest motivation. Exante and excercise!!!

Day 8.JPG

Thanks for reading. I kinda feel better already x

leedsforever said:
My Pros

Quick results- time is ticking and goal is absolute vital
Cheap- I am running a very tight budget in July and Exante is less than £3.50 per day
Taking food out of the equation completely , gives me less chance of being tempted by naughty foods.
I feel healthier on exante, someone who works all different hours. Never has a decent diet structure , so high carbs is often my downfall leaves me feeling sluggish and lethargic

My cons

I see people sts and losing a 1lb or 2 per week on 100% ts , being someone who has never done it longer than 1 week I get put off at the thought of losing so little on a diet so hard
With planning I could eat for less than £3.50 per day (although that was my plan today and I ended up eating everything in sight (treats in office))
I want to excercise daily ... I want the energy to run, spin, body pump and train as much as possible. Exante can make me very moody tired and lack of energy.
I get sick of the shakes .. this is where I slacked back end of last week. Got to the point Id rather go without or have a tin of tuna in replacement of ANOTHER sweet shake.

I often have the pro/con battle with myself but even with the past 3 weeks only losing 4lbs, I know in my heart of hearts that if I hadn't been doing exante I would easily have put on 4lbs+. There's no way of sugar coating it for me, I know that currently I am not in control of my eating so despite a smaller loss than I'd like (due to eating protein I'm guessing) its still a loss! If I give up on exante than I'm literally giving up!! Roll on July when I have no particular social events planned & can focus on exante TS 100% and shift some pounds!!

Glad to hear you're feeling better for writing all that down, we have to do whatever works ) x

Don't beat yourself up about it, you just need to make a decision and stick to it, I keep falling of the waggon and then I think why, because you beat yourself up cause you're wasting money you've spent on the packs, so today is d day for me and I am gonna bloody stick to it if it kills me!! And as for the photo of yourself you look great as you are, just think there is always somebody who look's worse than yourself when you are on holiday lol!! Keep your chin up and go for it either way xx

Thank you hun, I keep going to eat some chicken I have in the fridge, tell myself ill start on the 1st but realistically I know i could be 4-5lb down already by sunday why keep putting it off.

We have similar weight to lose ... do you have a diary?! I will hunt it out :) xx

I'm having similar thoughts. Just seem to have slowed down on the weight loss and I'm feeling really deprived. Know this diet isn't about feeling like I'm eating what I want, but for 2lb per week in wondering if it's worth it. I was losing around that before on no carbs.

On the flip side, I think that this is the quickest way and I'd be gutted if I swapped to something else and gained/didn't lose at all.

All this wouldn't be too bad but I've noticed quite a bit of hair loss and would rather be chubby and pretty than slim and bald come my wedding day :/

L xox

I'm having similar thoughts. Just seem to have slowed down on the weight loss and I'm feeling really deprived. Know this diet isn't about feeling like I'm eating what I want, but for 2lb per week in wondering if it's worth it. I was losing around that before on no carbs.

On the flip side, I think that this is the quickest way and I'd be gutted if I swapped to something else and gained/didn't lose at all.

All this wouldn't be too bad but I've noticed quite a bit of hair loss and would rather be chubby and pretty than slim and bald come my wedding day :/

L xox

Fact is I wouldnt do this diet if i only lost 2lb that would demotivate me so much :( and the hair loss oh no that worrys me loads

I didnt get back on it today. Tomorrow i will :/ xxx

Good luck tomorrow. I've decided to see out the week and then swap over to no carbs I think. I'll do a week and then reevaluate. Might just need to kick start my metabolism!

Meanwhile. I had my first Tesco ultra slim bars yesterday and today cause I was getting so bored. They're miles better! The fruity one was best!

L xox

I feel your pain! I have been starting and stopping VLCDs and always lose like 8 pounds in the first few days. This time? Notta. And I am eating less and working out more! I don't get it. Maybe I have messed with my body for too long. I agree with what another poster said about small weight loss being better than gaining. When I am being stroppy I don't see how it is worth it but when I am being rational I do.

Oh, and there is hope about the hair situ. I did LL for three months straight 4 years ago and lost 4 stone. I never lost hair or anything. I felt a bit dizzy in the morn and got cold/pins and needles a lot but no hair loss! It affects everyone differently :) Good luck!

PS My husband is a Leeds supporter, too :)

I feel your pain! I have been starting and stopping VLCDs and always lose like 8 pounds in the first few days. This time? Notta. And I am eating less and working out more! I don't get it. Maybe I have messed with my body for too long. I agree with what another poster said about small weight loss being better than gaining. When I am being stroppy I don't see how it is worth it but when I am being rational I do.

Oh, and there is hope about the hair situ. I did LL for three months straight 4 years ago and lost 4 stone. I never lost hair or anything. I felt a bit dizzy in the morn and got cold/pins and needles a lot but no hair loss! It affects everyone differently :) Good luck!

PS My husband is a Leeds supporter, too :)

I need to find a husband who is a leeds supporter lol

I do worry I will mess with my metabolism too, because generally i have a fast one. For about a year I have maintained this weight and ate what I want. I often wonder wheter I have reached my absolute goal. Glad you didnt suffer from any hair loss xx

I think you can always get where you want to be. Leeds, you look amazing anyway but I know it's your goal that matters, not what other people say.

I'm still in 2 minds about stopping. Part of me really wants to go to 21st July (what I'd decided when I started) and part of me thinks I can lose 2lb per week on a strict no carb - especially seeing as though I'm already in Ketosis. I'll be gutted if that doesn't happen though. I'm worried about the hair thinning though, it's no noticeable, only to me. Perhaps it's worse because I'm only 6 months postnatal. Who knows?!

I'm on track for 2lb this week too. Don't get me wrong, I'm over the moon to lose anything but 2lb seems like a "normal" diet weight loss. Not what you'd expect on something so extreme!

I suppose I've got the next 4 days to mull it over and see how I feel!

L xox

Back