Why I started LT, now I remember...

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by liberty_girl, 10 September 2008 Social URL.

1. liberty_girl

liberty_girl Peace Love Happiness

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Well, other than the obvious reasons, being obese and not being able to wear nice clothes etc etc

I'm studying counselling at Uni, and I've done a few other courses over the years including a stint in rehab for my eating disorder and complex PTSD....

Somewhere in all of this the American psychotherapist Yalom was mentioned and I finally bought a couple of his books one being 'Love's Executioner' and in that there is one of his stories about a 250lb woman who was one of his patients. It's a very confronting story and I recommend it if you fancy reading that kind of stuff.

As hard as it was to read it was enough to spur me on and say 'duck it' I'm going to flipping well do something about this.

And here I am.:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Shazpaz

Shazpaz Regular Member

Diet:
    South Beach
    Good for you, you are doing fab...nearly a stone in 2 weeks. WELL DONE!!

4. trimlee

trimlee Love God; Love People

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(8.24%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating!
    Well done on taking huge steps to overcome the challenges you've faced. Keep up the good work Liberty girl!

5. BlackRose

BlackRose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Boots Slender Shakes
    Well done -only you can change your life and now you're on your way. :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.