Why I'm re-starting CD...

daisydaisy

Hi all,

Well, after much soul-searching I've decided to have one last crack at CD SS.

A little about my recent dieting history... did LL in 2005 and lost 4 stone. It started to creep back on (slowly at first!), and I 'flirted' with CD a few times to keep myself in check, but never quite managing to get back to my lowest LL weight of 9.5 stone (I'm 5ft 2). Each time I came off CD, it was never planned - I just always gave in and fell off in a big heap, stuffing myself silly with sugary carbs. The length of time I managed to stay on SS got shorter and shorter, and the upshot is, I'm now back up to 12st 8 and I can't tell you how disappointed I feel about that. My confidence has really suffered and I know that if I don't rein myself in now I probably never will, and I'll be the size of a small country by Christmas!

So... I'm doing CD because:

1. I want my confidence back, thank you very much!
2. I've honestly got nothing to wear!
3. I feel bloated, lethargic and disappointed in myself, and I don't want to anymore.
4. I'm concerned for my long term health. Both my parents are diabetic and I will be too if I keep shovelling the sugary food in. Doing CD will allow me to break that cycle again, and this time I don't intend to go back to it. When I first came off LL I kept away from sugar for the first couple of months, and maintained perfectly during that time.

I'm sure I will think of loads of others as I go along. Meantime, I've just got to get this horrible first few days over with - looking forward to ketosis kicking in!

Oh, and I have definitely learned my lesson - I've promised myself I will move up the plans properly when I'm done with CD this time, even if I don't quite reach my target.

Sorry, bit of a novel this one! If anyone's still reading, thank you...

Good luck daisy. You've done it before, you can do it again! And we'll all be here to support you! xx

Good luck Daisy, with you every step of the way!

Theresa x

Masses of best wishes, the journey is hard but the gains are so very worth it, so you know, good luck! XX

Good luck Daisy, I'm behind you 100%. Not long till summer but with this diet you can definitely get that weight off by then.

Keep us posted!

I've restarted today hun, so you'll have lots of support from me and the girls xx

Thanks so much everyone, it's lovely to have so much support already!

First day not going too badly - just can't wait to get the weekend out of the way now, hoping to be in ketosis by Monday and lose that hungry/deprived feeling!

Thanks again,

goodluck_1.gif

You are so focused. Enjoy the journey.

Back