Why is food screaming out to me? Help!

can i jump on the band wagon as i am feeling the same i nearly cried tonight when hubby and kids ordered pizza.

then when i complained he said well don't do your stupid diet then if your going to be moody

loads of help but i didn't give in so thats one thing

I hope you all feel better tomorrow. I'm not feeling down tonight, still feeling remarkably positive but i am facing the munchy demons tonight. I am so hungry and cant stop thinking about food. Had to give in and have a few pieces of prepack chicken which had almost zero carb and fat content. Hit the spot momentarily but i'm still hungry so heading off to bed too.
Hope you are all well for tomorrow.
Mx

Sunshine maybe as you have so little left to lose your body is telling you that it's time to go up a step to 1000?(I've just noticed someone else suggested that too)
{{{{hugs}}}}And although your BMI according to your scales is still over 25 are you absolutely sure about your height?If you're even a quarter of an inch taller than you think it will mean your BMI is likely to be under 25 now.

hope you feel better in the morning sunshine *hugs* you helped me alot earlier and now im worried my talk might have triggered this a little, it it did i am truley sorry, you have done so well to stay strong xxxx p.s i MUST try peppermint tea!

Hi Sunshine,

sorry you were feeling so crap last night hopefully as good nights sleep made it a bit better. I have just been over to the other side (LLwebsite tee hee) and checked on their bmi calculator and your bmi is 24.94 so you do need to go up the plans and the others are right your body is now crying out of food as you have no fat left to lose.

Iwas like this last time I did CD as I got near BMI 25.

Im not sure how you choose which plan but Im sure your CDC will tell you on tues so as long as you get through the next few days Im sure you will be fine

HTH
Love
Jess
xxx

Sunshine, I know what you mean.... every bloomin advert is about food... the kid that walks past me who nearly gets mugged for his bag of chips..the pizza shop nearly called the police on me as I was hanging out by their shop just talking in the view ( the smell really)!!
Seriously though, I have had a huge huge craving this week ( wk 3) for carbs. I have TOTM, and I wonder if it's something to do with that?
I also know that a lot of the stuff I crave is comfort food.. and boy did I have a problem with comfort eating!!
I try the whole read a book for 30 minutes ( take your mind off it) and if I still wanted something... paint my nails, which meant for at least half an hour I couldn't have anything as it would smudge. Usually by that time, I wasn't bothered anymore...With me, it's all about making myself feel better ( comfort) without food.
I also have pictures of pacmen all over as they are my mental image of munching on my fat!!!!! ( sad- I know!)
So, I hope that you can find a strategy - or at least tell your OH to Bu**er off into another room when he's eating pizza or chinese....!!
Good luck... and it's great we can vent on here isn't it??????????
H
xx

Morning everyone,

Kate- no way hun. Nothing to do with you last night. It had been happening all week.

Kerry- it's tough when they bring takeaway in and I can't imagine how hard it is when you have kids around with all their goodies. I have surrounded myself in others food tho since the beginning and it's helped me deal with cravings more than ever. I just thought i had to be realsitic long term and that i was always going to have to face others food/eating for ever more. I may as well deal with it from the start.

Polishrose - you could be right about my height being slightly out as I've said i'm 5ft 1inch altho I could well be (from memory) 5ft 1+1/2 inches. You think half an inch could make that big of a differenece? I'll def bring this up with my CDC on tuesday morning.

A huge thankyou to everyone to helped me through. It was so worth not pigging out on rubbish last night as this morning the scales have budged.....hurray. No way would that have happened if I'd gone off track and I would now be dealing with the consequences. I'm very relieved.

The one huge dufference for me on CD is that on any diet I've ever done in the 16 years of it, i've always given in to tempation at the drop of a hat. But this time even when someone else trys to talk me into going off track it actually makes me more determined not to. I've learned to cope out in public with temptation all around......i kind of block it out. It's when i'm alone and no one is tempting me or sabotaging my efforts that I have to get my head around. It's not that i've gone off track, I know my thoughts of doing so the last 2 nights were just thoughts, but i hope they never become reality.

Enough of my babble, big morning hugs to everyone. You are so fab for helping xxx

Morning everyone,

Kate- no way hun. Nothing to do with you last night. It had been happening all week.

Molly - well done for not having a blow out xxxx

Kerry- it's tough when they bring takeaway in and I can't imagine how hard it is when you have kids around with all their goodies. I have surrounded myself in others food tho since the beginning and it's helped me deal with cravings more than ever. I just thought i had to be realsitic long term and that i was always going to have to face others food/eating for ever more. I may as well deal with it from the start.

Polishrose - you could be right about my height being slightly out as I've said i'm 5ft 1inch altho I could well be (from memory) 5ft 1+1/2 inches. You think half an inch could make that big of a difference? I'll def bring this up with my CDC on tuesday morning.

A huge thankyou to everyone to helped me through. It was so worth not pigging out on rubbish last night as this morning the scales have budged.....hurray. No way would that have happened if I'd gone off track and I would now be dealing with the consequences. I'm very relieved.

The one huge difference for me on CD is that on any diet I've ever done in the 16 years of it, i've always given in to tempation at the drop of a hat. But this time even when someone else trys to talk me into going off track it actually makes me more determined not to. I've learned to cope out in public with temptation all around......i kind of block it out. It's when i'm alone and no one is tempting me or sabotaging my efforts that I have to get my head around. It's not that i've gone off track, I know my thoughts of doing so the last 2 nights were just thoughts, but i hope they never become reality.

Enough of my babble, big morning hugs to everyone. You are so fab for helping xxx

Last edited:
Hi all,

sorry having major issues with laptop which is why my post went twice. nevermind .

I still have a post to read but Jess thanks hun. How funny, like your a naughty little girl having a sneaky look at LL BMI charts....good idea :)

The charts all say that bmi of 23 is fine for my height. I'm gonna update my tickers ect as another bit of weight has dropped off and then i'll see what it says. God there is definatly fat let....i still have rolls!!!! :)

I'll have to talk to CDC......weird weird weird. I am feeling better at the moment so fingers crossed xxx

OK the official NHS BMI calculator says if you are 5ft1 and your current weight your BMI is 25, and if you are 5ft1.5 it is 24.5 so yes that half inch definitely makes a difference.

thanks girlies
i am feeling much better things could have been worse i could of given in and this is going to be a long journey and its going to have its ups and downs i kust need to tough them out.
so thanks again for all your advice.

i am feeling much better today this is going to be a long hard journey and its going to have its ups and downs and i am glad we are all here to help each other.

glad your feeling a bit better sunshine and kerry xxx

Hi Guys,

Just out of an 8 hour band rehearsal which was so much fun.

Feeling loads better today but then I've been distracted all day, had my 810 meal and still have a mousse to go.....think i need to spread my meals out more so I have some thing for night time.

Thanks Polishrose, I'll chat to CDC.......untill Jess mentioned it I haven't even considered checking my BMI.

Hope everyone is feeling better today xxx

Just an update, Seeing my CDC tomorrow but she emailed to say that my weight/ height/bmi is fine to stay on 810. We'll discuss my options tho.

I am now flaked on sofa with absolutly no energy in the slightest. It's an effort even to type. Very strange.

Thanks again

Back