Why is food screaming out to me? Help!

Sunshine Singer

Dropped White Sugar & Feeling Fantastic
:wave_cry:Flipping hell, what is wrong with me this week? I've dragged myself through the last few days with every night absolutly craving food. All food! I feel I'm not getting enough on 810 and haven't felt this way before.

I'm so angry with myself for thinking these thoughts and am I'm not going to follow through as I really want a big loss. (I'm really struggling tho, I really am and talking myself out of this)

I've told myself I could have a blow out to boost my system- how bloody stupid is that!!!
My OH is busy saying maybe I need to have a blow out to know what it feels like to go off the plan....very unlike him!

Last night i could have so easily got take away and tonight I've struggled!!!! I've no energy either as per usual.

Sorry for this but what do you do when your energy is low and you just don't want to give in to food cravings. It's not for sweet stuff, it's for pizza of all things- ha!!!!!no carbs in that of course :)

Damn damn damn x

ps- I'm not going to give in but this is feeling like a battle
pps- too tired for painting nails or having a scented bath :)
ppps- I'm a difficult one, off to mae a mint tea x
pppps- my poor OH is busy trying to make conversation and I'm too tired to bother talking and can't even bring myself to laugh at his jokes and no period is not due :)

I'd appreciate any help for an awkward Miss Sunshine x

I dunno what to say apart from SNAP! I am in a righty mardy mood today. Just made the kids a bit of a night time supper of Nutella on toast. I wiped my finger on a cloth when I accidentally got some on the end, but I have just sat down and watched my eldest licking the choc spread off the top and snapped at her :cry:
Said "for goodness sake, here i am not being able to eat and you are making a big show out of that!" then felt guilty and apologised.

Oh dear!!! There must be something in the air tonight! This irritability is rubbish. I'm irritating myself :) xxx

Sorry your finding it tough today too x

I'm feeling like this tonight, h2b is working until 9:30 and picking himself a Chinese up on the way home. I'm totally pooped, got no energy at all- I'm moody, tired, bored and hungry. I want Chinese..... :(

I've been like that all week, I kept getting asked if my period was due, and it wasn't not for another 2 weeks, then today it came. <slump> I did actually succumb and ate biscuits with the 'I don't care' attitude, now I feel worse because I did so well last week. Pah xxxx

that sounds horrible hun and i desperately hope the cravings disappear soon!!!
Wish there was something i could say that would make them better....BUT...you need to give yourself a major pat on the back for not succumbing! :)
xxxx

Oh well, we're all here so we can chivvy each other on lol xxxx

It's so annoying isn't it! Poor you with OH bringing Chinese home when you're feeling like this. My OH would happily get pizza for us if I said yes.......but I just think no way, not gonna ruin all my hard work and I'll go to bed really soon and sleep this off. Good luck tonight Lisa hunxxx

Furrysmudge........... sorry to hear you're also finding it tough at the moment. This is the thing, I just can't deal with my head after binging on something stupid.

Great OH is about to have toast and flipping peanut butter....altho sometimes i love just smelling the food. Ok how desperate is this.....last night I took his packet of peanuts and inhaled the ssmell from the bag!!!!!! I'm turning into a mad woman x

...and Lizz....thank you so much...that's so nice to hear when i'm feeling like this xxx

Sunshine lol you are most definately NOT going mad bless xxxx

Oooh I'm really not sure :) I have never ever been satisfied my whole life by just smelling food but even now smelling his toast....it smells great and it seems to be comforting. Weird! He's made me a mint tea now which I don't feel like having at all but it'll be soothing and calming hopefully.

I'm not terrified of working up the plans and maintaining (I know it'll be hard at times) but really scared of going off track and having a blow out. I just lived like that for years, eating whatever i wanted whenever i wanted and it made me so unhappy. I never want to go there again.

Snag is i've been obsessed with dieting before, had a year out, got my head sorted and I just don't want to go there again x

me me me sorry x

When was your last weigh in Sunshine?

Is it possible you have tipped BMI under 25 and although on 810 perhaps need to consider stepping up a plan? I know most people would step up to 810 from SS, but possible psychologically you might need to go to the 1000 plan? Don't know if that even makes sense but our heads very rarely do

Other than that welcome to the club!

Peppermint tea, bath bed are all good coping strategies.

And stop apologising hun, that's what we're here for isn't it? (shame I can't stand peppermint tea) xxx

Lexie. Thanks for that. I wonder if you're right about the bmi. My scales are accurate and at the moment my bmi is 25.3. My official wi is on Tuesday morning first thing. Hadn't thought of that.

I know we all get cravings or foodie thoughts but usually I deal with them well. this week, however, it's just got so bad......frustrating. Hey thank god for this site xxx thanks hun x

.....I'm not sure how the bmi thing works for going up the plans from 810. I know on ss when you reah a certain bmi you need to move up but that's all i know x

Going to bed is a good idea! As is telling yourself you can have this stuff if you want it, but not right now x

Thanks Furrysmudge, wish I'd been on here for you when you've been feeling crappy xxx big hug

I do love mint tea usually......have you tried it lately as our tastes change a fair bit.

Good point Ellie,

having my mint tea and will be in bed at 10pm. you're right tho and thats how i usually think lol xxx thanks for posting that - big reminder to me x

How strange. I just looked up my bmi/height/weight charts online and according to them I'm a healthy weight. Yet in the CD yellow booklet I'm 2lbs off healthy/ok and still in overweight. how an earth can these charts be different!!!!!

Ah well it's going the right direction so it doesn't matter. Thanks guys for your posts. You all just got me through a dark moment. Feel safe now as off to bed very soon xxx

I think there must be something in the air tonight Sunshine as I have just posted about feeling exactly the same!!! Hope you have a good sleep and feel better in the morning. X

Awww sorry to hear that hun.

Decided on tuesday when i get my supply, i'm gonna make a bar into cookies as suggested in the 810 recipe ideas. looks like they'll last a lot longer than a bar which is gone to 10 seconds for me.....I'm gonna look forward to that and still be on plan xxx

Back