Step 1 Sole Source Why is it so hard..

Ali-Safiya

To get back on the diet?!! I've been trying to restart all week and have failed miserably. I go to sleep every night with the determination to SS the following morning but I don't! I'm having my packs and some food here and there. I AM motivated and I do feel like I'm in the right frame of mind as I was in the beginning. So what is my problem??! Why can't I get at least one 100% day out the way?

My weight has shot up to 11.7 now too :( I was sooo close to a BMI of 25 a couple of weeks ago!! I'm so mad at myself right now

Hugs :hug99:

It's because you're not in the same place as you were to begin with - you were more fed up with yourself then than you are now. And now you also know that once you finally crack getting restarted the weight will come off really quickly - but unfortunately that means it's really easy to persuade yourself that you'll get started again tomorrow. Or the next day. Or Monday... Before you know it, it's 3 weeks later and your weight's crept up even more. :(

Tell yourself you're just going to do this diet for a fortnight. Do it by the book, no nibbling chicken, no splashes of milk in your tea. Drink your 4 pints of water. Don't have bars (the extra carbs are likely to give you the munchies if you introduce them too early into ketosis).

After 2 weeks you'll be back in the swing of it and it'll be loads easier to stick with the plan.

Go on, give it a whirl. :)

I kept reading your reply over and over again last night and when I woke up this morning, I just CAN'T fail at this anymore. When I was on plan a couple of weeks ago I felt so happy and in control, I loved that feeling. Since falling of the wagon I feel so out of control and on edge all the time, horrible horrible feeling!! It's funny I don't remember feeling like that when I was much more overweight and stuffing my face with unhealthy foods?!

So I'm taking your advice and doing it exactly by the book, no silly little extras. I know once I'm a week or two into it I find it relatively easy. I've had my choc mint shake this morning and a litre of water so far! I will try not to have my bars until week 3 - which is quite difficult in itself. I think I've made a bit of progress already because this past week I would have eaten a whole lot more by this time!!! Lol

Thanks so much Lilly, what would we do without you?! :D

You can do it! :clap: Just take it one shake at a time.

And guzzle water!

Well I'm pleased to report that I've had my 3 choc mint shakes and 4 pints of water today!!! So day 1 completed (please please let this continue tomorrow) 7 days until WI! I'm telling myself that by doing SS for *just* two weeks I could potentially be in the 10's, which is a huge goal of mine as I don't think I've ever seen that number on the scale before. Thinking like this is helping a lot!

I've come upstairs now with hubby because I feel like the fridge is calling me!!! At the moment I don't feel hungry so why is my mind telling me that I NEED food?!! I always have this head hunger thing going on? Does this ever go away? I feel like I could get into a lot of trouble when I'm trying to maintain my weight in the near future.

Last edited:
How's it going today hun? Still feeling strong? Well done for yesterday! :clap:

Thank you!

Day 2 is going okay, thanks for asking :) I'm currently at my mothers, who completely supports me but there is a lot of home cooked food surrounding me. My sisters and mum don't have a weight problem at all so it's very easy for them to just eat and eat.

I have got an awful headache and I'm feeling a little weak but I will not ruin my efforts. I think it's time for me to head home!!

Urgh, the day 2 headache. Hugs :hug99: Should get lots better soon - hang in there! And well done on getting through day 2. :clap:

Back