why is it

fennerxo

every sunday night i get so bored so just sit and eat rubbish!
tomorrow is weigh day and just counted now i have had 118 syns all week so 13 over the weeks total.
do you think i could go in with a maintain tomorrow or even a loss?
it happens every sunday and i dont know why :(!
any suggestions?

my weigh in is Monday as well, i do so well until the weekend then i struggle so much, so frustrating sometimes i know I've lost 4 pounds by Friday but by Mon pm its only a.small loss :-(

You need to have something mad like 3000 cals more than your required cal intake to gain. So you should at lease maintain or get a loss. 13 syns is only 260 cals - very easy to burn off, why don't you do a little exercise in the morning to help recoup those extra cals?

shellywelly1983 said:
You need to have something mad like 3000 cals more than your required cal intake to gain. So you should at lease maintain or get a loss. 13 syns is only 260 cals - very easy to burn off, why don't you do a little exercise in the morning to help recoup those extra cals?

That's some really helpful information! :) I didn't know that. Sometimes when I feel down I binge eat & feel god awful afterward & am convinced I've put on 9lb!

What do you normally do on a Sunday night? Just sit and watch television? Can you find something else to do that would occupy your mind and your hands?

I don't watch television on Sunday night - if there is anything on worth watching (and that's depressingly unlikely these days) then I will record it and watch it some other time. I do all the things that are needed for the week ahead and by the time these are done it is late and I go to bed. Not suggesting that you do the same, but if you say to yourself, right, Sunday night is the night I do . . . . . whatever, then you won't have time to eat the bad stuff!

I think that trying to find something else to occupy your mind and hands on a Sunday night sounds like a brilliant idea! I don't think you'll see a gain this week though. I have my fingers crossed for you.

well i have 0.5 on guys never mind!! 100% this week excdept thursday as its my birthday but going to save syns during the week x thnks for your replies x

0.5 is nothing, I was going to suggest having your syns weekly & working down from 105, it a psycological thing which works better than counting up from 0-105.

What do you usually eat on a Sunday night? is it something you could change to SW friendly, eg lower syn chocolate, or lower syn crisps?

Or you could have less syns during the week as you know you're likely to have more on a Sunday night, for example my MiL comes round every Saturday night with wine & chocolate so I have anywhere between 20-40 syns in 1 night, which is ok because during the week I only have about 5 a day.

I tend to try and stick to 5syns through the week so that I can have a 'blow out' at the weekend if I want to. Like this weekend I was visiting family and I had merigue & cream, snack things, chocolate, more sweets BUT I am still within my syns currently sitting @ 89 & I WI tonight. Granted I feel so guilty as this is the 1st time since startig that I have had a binge of that magnitude & with sweets things so I am thinkin it may have some affect on the WI but at the end of the day it is my own fault & tomorrow is a new week :)

0.5 is nothing, I was going to suggest having your syns weekly & working down from 105, it a psycological thing which works better than counting up from 0-105.

What do you usually eat on a Sunday night? is it something you could change to SW friendly, eg lower syn chocolate, or lower syn crisps?

Or you could have less syns during the week as you know you're likely to have more on a Sunday night, for example my MiL comes round every Saturday night with wine & chocolate so I have anywhere between 20-40 syns in 1 night, which is ok because during the week I only have about 5 a day.

I dont do this now but used to and it worked for me. It was infact a bit of an eye opener............

Back