Why is milk a no no on SS?

Hi everyone,:wavey:

Hope you all had a good weekend :)

I have a question regarding the white stuff, Im not a big tea/coffee drinking, but this morning I wanted something to give me a bit of a buzz( had a long night)

Seeing red bull is of the menu, I opted for a strong coffee with good shot of milk.

I wont make a habbit of drinking milk, 0nce a fortnight if that.

I was puzzled why on 790 milk is aloud but not on SS.

Thanks

bm2lm xx

Anyone around for this question :):)

thanks

bm2lm xx

hey im not sure about the milk but diet red bull is "allowed" iv checked for citric acid (not there) and the calorie count and the rest is all suitable. Hopefully someone else will be able to answer about the milk because id quite like to know that too altho i have a sneaky suspicion that milk may have a small amount of lactose in it and it could throw us out of ketosis easily when ss but thats only my thoughts well let an expert tell us eh? hehe
Have a gd day ... il be keepin an eye out for the answer!!

hey im not sure about the milk but diet red bull is "allowed" iv checked for citric acid (not there) and the calorie count and the rest is all suitable. Hopefully someone else will be able to answer about the milk because id quite like to know that too altho i have a sneaky suspicion that milk may have a small amount of lactose in it and it could throw us out of ketosis easily when ss but thats only my thoughts well let an expert tell us eh? hehe

Hi,

Thanks great about diet red bull:wow:, I get so tired these days, especially in the mornings. so a glass of the diet red bull would be fandabbydozzy:bliss:

Thanks
bm2lm xx

First I have heard you can have diet red bull

Have a look at page 4 of your sole source booklet under no other food or drink. Milk has carbs and calories and can kick you out of ketosis and adversely affect your weightloss.

Linda

Hi everyone,:wavey:

Hope you all had a good weekend :)

I have a question regarding the white stuff, Im not a big tea/coffee drinking, but this morning I wanted something to give me a bit of a buzz( had a long night)

Seeing red bull is of the menu, I opted for a strong coffee with good shot of milk.

I wont make a habbit of drinking milk, 0nce a fortnight if that.

I was puzzled why on 790 milk is aloud but not on SS.

Thanks

bm2lm xx

never heard of anyone having diet red bull?
best to stick to water or black tea /coffes to get the best out of the diet in the quickest time!!
, big mama, you can add some of a vanilla or choc pack to coffee instead of milk, it is better than black in my opinion
nat xx

hi..i know we're not allowed but when i was on holiday in london for a week visiting friends...we did alot of starbucks rendezvous and i ended up having a skinny latte with splenda a couple of days in a row and i was still in ketosis...i wouldn't recommend it if u easily get out of ketosis but it was ok with me.
x

I have maybe 3-4 cups of tea aday with semi skimmed, willing to put up with a slightly slower loss for the privilege but so far my losses have been good.

Mm, i think il leave off the milk then, but is it still ok to have the diet red bull ?

Thanks

bm2lm xx

Diet Red Bull isn't recommended on the diet. The best way I am afraid is water, coffee and lead based tea (I know it's boring!)

M.

Diet Red Bull isn't recommended on the diet. The best way I am afraid is water, coffee and lead based tea (I know it's boring!)

M.

I know it is not "recommended" like everything else that isnt water or black tea and coffee but iv read it and double checked and it is basically the same as coke zero... i had it and it didnt throw me out of ketosis and i also know it wont count towards liquid intake aswell but if it gives us tired ones a little boost is there any harm in it???

I know it is not "recommended" like everything else that isnt water or black tea and coffee but iv read it and double checked and it is basically the same as coke zero... i had it and it didnt throw me out of ketosis and i also know it wont count towards liquid intake aswell but if it gives us tired ones a little boost is there any harm in it???

If it's the same as drinking a glass of coke zero and a mug of black coffee, then it should be ok,yes?

thanks

bm2lm xx

i think so but im sure the experts will inform us....:p

at the end of the day its totally your call isn't it
so far cd counsellor has said no and icemoose has said no, they are the experts!
i am no way an expert :eek:
i could say the rules are'blah blah ' but if you think its ok then go for it, at the end of the day its your diet isn't it and if it makes it better for you then thats the main thing!
I am just so scared of messing it up that i will only have water tea or coffee, :)
hope this helps
nat x

Nutritional info RedBull sugar free per 100mls (it comes in a 250ml can):

3 calories
0 for Protein, Carbs, Sugar, Fat,Saturates
Sodium (salt) 0.8 g
Vitamins
Niacin 44% RDA
Panthothenic acid 2mg 33% RDA
B6 2 mg 100% RDA
B12 2ug 200% RDA

Ingredients

Carbonated water, Acidity Regulator Sodium Citrates, Taurine,
Glucuronolactone 0.24%, AcesulfameK, Aspartame, Caffeine,
Flavourings and Thickenher Xanithan gum plus colours caramel and Riboflavin.

So based on the above one can as 7.5 calories, it contains salt and flavourings which are not allowed, Sodium Citrates and Taurine.

As CD has all the vitamins and minerals you need you will also be overdosing on some of these as well.

Water contains - nothing

Diet Red Bull is definitely not an allowable fluid on CD.

Oh and just a little bit of info re Taurine:

Taurine was first isolated from ox bile in 1827:eek: :jelous: where it is found in high concentration. (Tiedemann F., Gmelin L., 1827: Einige neue Bestandteile der Galle des Ochsen, Ann. Physik. Chem., 9, 326-337). The bovine connection (latin name "bos taurus") clearly explains the descriptive name "Taurine" was chosen.

Oh and just a little bit of info re Taurine:

Taurine was first isolated from ox bile in 1827:eek: :jelous: where it is found in high concentration. (Tiedemann F., Gmelin L., 1827: Einige neue Bestandteile der Galle des Ochsen, Ann. Physik. Chem., 9, 326-337). The bovine connection (latin name "bos taurus") clearly explains the descriptive name "Taurine" was chosen.

EW , I shall leave that alone then, to think I used to drink a pint+ a day of the stuff :eek::eek:( before CD that is)

Thanks everyone for the input to this thread :):):)

bm2lm xx

Back