Why is this so quiet?

Purple Hugs

Loves weight.. training!
It's struck me today that the VLCD's are heaving with people / posts / sections.
but that SF seems pretty quiet.

Do you think it's the 'seeking a miracle'? or that SF is viewed as being 'old'... or are they better for you? they're certainly more expensive..

I know some of them are MEGA low on cals - at 400 something cals but the weight losses seem pretty similar from what I see.. if you do it right. ;)

What do you all reckon?

I think the problem is slim fast is heavily branded and for people who work it's like advertising that they're on a diet and most don't like it to be known. The other thing could be that not many people stick to it for all the weight loss so there don't seem to be any success storys for it (that I've seen here on minimins anyway :)

Thanks :) both really valid points - I must confess to hiding my slimfast bar when I eat it in the Uni canteen! lol I don't mind sitting with a cuppa tea and a peanut / choc bar, feels like a snickers to me! lol But hate the thought of being judged by anyone other than my friends - who know what I'm doing. But then really we'd be judged if we sat eating curry and chips or something wouldn't we... lol

Hopefully we'll be a SF success story! I have come to realise (over my MANY years) dieting that whatever you do, you HAVE to stick to it for it to work.. sadly it won't work alone.. it's a pain but there we are.
Maybe the SF site will offer some inspiration. lol

:) looking forward to seeing how I do this week.. got 3 tins in tesco's earlier and a box of bars for Uni. lol

Its been quiet for a wee while now. I restarted back in Nov and posted something along the lines of 'lack of posts = lack of support'. Got a couple people talking but not many.

Aww Loser that is a shame. You're doing so well too. :( There is the general weight loss part, do you post there?

I'm going to give this a go. Start tomorrow and go from there. Hoping to lose a stone in 6 weeks and it does advertise itself as being good for a quick boost, so i suppose i just have to try it and see.

Good luck to you to you girls too :)

i was wondering why theres not many post either compared to the others. i agree with the stigma aspect but if someone is doing their best to lose weight and get healthier people should be supportive. I hope i'm one of those success stories. Sent my husband off to tesco to hopefully get the half price tins! LOL. On day 3 of SF & feel good :) x

Hi all! Great to see some new names - would be great to read your progress - diaries are a great way of catching up or just posting here of course! lol

Hope you all do well - bet all excited to see the scales move downward eh! :)

Hi all,

Good thread - I was active last year on the Atkins section because the low-carb one was almost non-existent. It didn't matter so much because It's pretty much the same principle. Anyway, the majority of threads were advice threads, because low-carb is quite difficult for beginners to get into. (what to eat, where to get it from, how much of it, etc) and with ketosis on top of that, it was a very busy forum.

The reason I chose slim-fast is mainly because it's dirt cheap (half price at Sainsburys right now) and requires little thought for me in comparison to low-carb. 2 shakes a day, a meal and some snacks is a lot easier for me to comprehend day-in day-out.

Getting back to the point, I'd imagine because Slimfast is a lot easier for beginners to understand, forums like this would be quieter than others which require more advice. :)

Hi All, Happy new Year to everyone! I haven't been doing SF for some months now, have just been sticking with a low calorie custom diet, but thought I'd pop in and say hello. How's everyone doing?
Since August I have lost 20.5lb and have 8lb left to lose until I hit target. When I get there I'll see what I feel like at that weight. It's very slow progress but have kickstarted again this week with a bit of Diet Chef, so hopefully that will help!

I've done SlimFast before, yrs. ago and it worked Great for me I lost 160lbs. in under a yr. I worked out like Crazy ofcourse gained it all back just as I've always done, changing that pattern this time! It's soo Easy and yes very Affordable.

Hi,

I've started sf on Monday but feel I got the 'commitment' yesterday! Lol!
Hoping to lose 3 stone + if I can stick to it! I'm a size 18 or 20 now and tbh if I could go to a 14-16 I'd be thrilled!
How much weight loss is realistic and do I need to do much exercise with it? I'm walking at the moment for 20 mins a day but didn't know if that's enough?
Struggling to get all my snacks in too!!!
Looking forward to any tips etc from here!

Lynn

Haha, I know what you mean, I started it just after new years day and only got commited 3 days ago :D

1 to 2lb a week is realistic in my opinion. Exercise is recommended but totally optional, how much you do just depends on how quick you want to lose the weight :)

Take care xx

Yay!!!

Weighed myself this morning and I've lost 5lb!!!
I know this is probably coz it's the 1st week but even so I'm pleased!!!!

How are you all doing?

xxx

Hi,

I'm new to minimins and started SF just over a week ago although started "dieting" on 3rd Jan. So far lost 13 lbs. I know that weight loss isn't sustainable but really hoping for 2-3 a week. Hopefully doable if I keep exercising like crazy.

Good luck to everyone else just starting out :) xxxx

Back