Why it is easier to focus on the negative?

vanda

plodding away
The title says it all really.

Have been on a downer about my weight for some time, having previously been doing quite well on slimming world. Had a car accident and a number of difficult experiences last year and all the healthy eating went to pot. Convinced myself that cos I had put back on some weight, and was struggling to restart, that I was never going to succeed (useful thinking eh?)
Fully intended to start LL to conquer my demons once and for all. Maybe some of you saw something in my posts that even i wasnt aware of. you questioned if i was having doubts about ll, my initial reaction was no but now have decided to wait.

I'm not sure what has happened but am now focusing on the pounds i have managed to keep off, hence the new natty ticker. Feel much more positive about myself. Just wondered why i was focusing on the pounds left to lose and stressing myself out when i feel more relaxed now i've turned it around. just hope i will continue to think this way.

Anyway after the long ramble if you havent switched off just wanted to say thanks again for your support. i am giving LL a miss for now and seeing how things go.

Vanda

hi there
i hope that your journey continues in a positive way
good luck
daisy x

Good on you Vanda. LL is not for the faint hearted, we see a few people join us on here who have not fully rationalised the decision and end up falling away pretty quickly. You've done terrifically well in losing 48lb on your own already and should rightly be proud of yourself.

Positive thinking is the answer to so much of life's challenges, was it Henry Ford who said:

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't; you're right!"

You think your way to your actions, you act your way to your results. Simples...

Good luck with the new focus, and keep in touch for help and support.

Back