Why only 3.5 Ltrs of Water per day?....And weird symptoms!

NatM70

Loves to post loads!
Was just wondering why it's only 3.5 ltrs allowed per day? I know on Atkins, it says have between 2-4 litres.

Also, I'm on day two, and am feeling weird - shaky, uncoordinated, bit spaced out.....is this normal, and will it pass? Hope so!!

Natalie xxx

hi natalie not sure why there are different amounts for each vcld but i do no that there has to be a safe amount of water daily intake as too much is dangerous as it affects
the salt levels in our bodies. maybe each has their own limit but i drink nowhere near that amount anyway lol! im a dailly weigher and need to stop also tho to be honest it
actually motivates me! :) i do know that a lot of people feel terrible during the first few days whilst getting into ketosis i get headaches and feel strange lol but feel better as the week goes on. Im sure others will be on to share their experiences. well done to your loss so far and good luck on weigh in day :)

hi natalie not sure why there are different amounts for each vcld but i do no that there has to be a safe amount of water daily intake as too much is dangerous as it affects
the salt levels in our bodies. maybe each has their own limit but i drink nowhere near that amount anyway lol! im a dailly weigher and need to stop also tho to be honest it
actually motivates me! :) i do know that a lot of people feel terrible during the first few days whilst getting into ketosis i get headaches and feel strange lol but feel better as the week goes on. Im sure others will be on to share their experiences. well done to your loss so far and good luck on weigh in day :)

Thanks very much for your reply, I feel better knowing it's normal to feel like this. Can't wait for it to go tho, lol!! :) Can't be ill with my LO here to take care of!!
Thanks very much, and WELL DONE on your loss so far, that's excellent! Bet you're really pleased! xxx

Hey hun, you can feel weird for the first few days, see how you go, stick with it.. :)

As for the water I drink when I am thirsty, I usually get through 2-4 litres a day anyway but it is spaced out. My body can handle it at this size, maybe your couldn't especially if you never drank that amount before? Just aim for a min of 2 litres spaced out over the day, you be surprised.

Best of luck xx

Entirely normal and nothing to worry about. I tend to drink more than that, but I drink to thirst. If I've got a bit diluted then adding a little salt to packs helps balance it all out :)

Entirely normal and nothing to worry about. I tend to drink more than that, but I drink to thirst. If I've got a bit diluted then adding a little salt to packs helps balance it all out :)

I almost always adds some salt to the soups and other spices, without them I just couldn't stomach them.. (only once a day though)

thx nat i appreciate it x Yes im very pleased, more pleased to have stuck to it tbh as i was tempted at one point but pushed through. hopefully you'll be feeling more like yourself within the next few days :) xx

Hey hun, you can feel weird for the first few days, see how you go, stick with it.. :)

As for the water I drink when I am thirsty, I usually get through 2-4 litres a day anyway but it is spaced out. My body can handle it at this size, maybe your couldn't especially if you never drank that amount before? Just aim for a min of 2 litres spaced out over the day, you be surprised.

Best of luck xx

Hiya :)

I'm feeling a LOT better thank goodness! Just took my little boy to Rhyme Time, was worried I'd feel too ill, but I came round! If I feel like that for the short time it was, I can deal with that. Got a bit of a headache, but nothing unbearable. I am hoping the results will be worth it!

I can drink loads of water...been watching my intake as I was worried about drinking too much! I had 6 pints yesterday, along with the water in my coffee, shake, porridge, & meal, so may have over done it!

Thank you, I am feeling better knowing it's normal to have those episodes, so I appreciate you, and everyone else, taking the time to put my mind at ease.

THANK YOU! xxx

Thank you for your lovely reply :)
That's a good idea - I could add salt to my veg tonight, as I am finding I want to drink the water to keep hunger pangs at bay!
:D xxx

I almost always adds some salt to the soups and other spices, without them I just couldn't stomach them.. (only once a day though)

I will do that later - veg very bland without it! Thanks, I didn't know I could have salt - I sound like such an idiot don't I lol!! ;)

Thanks for having the patience to answer my questions, same goes for everyone!!

xxx

thx nat i appreciate it x Yes im very pleased, more pleased to have stuck to it tbh as i was tempted at one point but pushed through. hopefully you'll be feeling more like yourself within the next few days :) xx

You're most welcome :)
I really hope I can do well - you are really inspiring!! I hope so too, am pleased that awful feeling I had earlier has gone, and I'm not even hungry after having my second 'meal' - a bar at 1.20pm!
No pain no gain eh!! :D xxx

Back