Why SS if 790 losses are the same?

Hi,

Why do cdc suggest SS when you can lose roughly the same amount doing 790?

You can tell Im missing my food today :p

bm2lm xx

I have often asked this question and have never had an answer so i hope you get one for both of us.:doh:

yes i have been wondering this too, i am thinkin of doin ss till aam week and then doing 790 after that, i really miss food

xxx

but you see..it's not the same....the cals on normal SS are about 414...maybe a few extra if you have a bar or a mix a mousse. 790 is 790 cals.......now....the calorie deficit for the week is going to be less on 790 cals than it is on 414 isn't it?

The loss is going to be smaller...its roughly 10-12lbs a month on 790.

xx

On SS you can almost guarantee to be in ketosis and lose at least a stone a month. On 790 neither can be guaranteed.

since one coffee with milk kicked me out of ketosis this weekend for 2 days there is no way that I will be in it on 790... I will be miserable and hungry I reckon!

790 is a brillaint plan and MOST people do stay in ketosis and lose about a stone a month. You must have your 3 shakes/soups/tetras/bar a day plus a meal of chicken/fish etc and i use to use the soups as a sauce over said chicken/fish to add variety.

:thankyou: glad you have clarified that, i was actually wondering the same. I'm thinking about speaking to my CDC tonight at WI about going onto 790?....xxx

hi fuzzy - not 100% sure - but dont think you can SS with a BMI under 25 - check with your CDC.

I think it's all about personal circumstances and individual reactions with ketosis. I stay in ketosis and am loosing an average of 3lbs a week on 790 and so am really happy and it makes sure I have lots of energy which I need. but some people aren't so lucky.

I also think SS is a great way to start because it separates that association with food and therefore moving to 790 is luxurious. kwim?

in some ways i cant wait to get to 790, but am also dreading eating food again and having to make food choices. i knwo its a small amount of 790 but what if you cant stop yourself eating, the thought scares me. but si a long way off, am only 2 weeks in and got a long way to go till i have to jump that hurdle.

Fuzzy with your BMI, you should be on 1000 cals....no VLCD (which is anything under 800, so includes 790) when you are under BMI 25. Means you are likely to be burning lean muscle mass........need to be thinking about stepping up the prog me lady!!

but you see..it's not the same....the cals on normal SS are about 414...maybe a few extra if you have a bar or a mix a mousse. 790 is 790 cals.......now....the calorie deficit for the week is going to be less on 790 cals than it is on 414 isn't it?

The loss is going to be smaller...its roughly 10-12lbs a month on 790.

xx

Hi,

Thats what Im losing at the moment on SS, 10-12lb a month.

Maybe I should switch, then again I dont know if I could control portion sizes, I find when I eat on amm, it makes me feel very hungry.

Mmm something to think about.

bm2lm xx

Fuzzy with your BMI, you should be on 1000 cals....no VLCD (which is anything under 800, so includes 790) when you are under BMI 25. Means you are likely to be burning lean muscle mass........need to be thinking about stepping up the prog me lady!!

Hi Coley my CDC told me that I will SS until I reach my target of 9stone 7 which gives me a bmi of 22. I have still got 2.5 stone to lose, so when should I be moving up the plans please? thanks :D

Hiya

You should start moving up the plans as your BMI gets to 25, as Coley said you really shouldn't be doing a VLCD under BMI 25.

HTH

x

Back