Why such a slow weight loss ?

Lil Miss Sunshine

WE can do this :)
Is there another reason for this ? I am at present doing weight watchers and yea its coming off but VERY VERY slow!

I went to a clinic in Ireland and they had me on a diet there and i lost ten pound in ten weeks when everyone else was nearly 1 1/2 stone to 2 stone lost in ten weeks. The diet is good but i found all i was living on was tuna,salmon and mushrooms and eggs, you are allowed 2 carbs a day so that would be either 2 slices of bread or 1 wrap and 1 slice of bread, do u get me? So even just living on eggs, mushrooms and fish i wasnt losing it anyway fast at all. This is the reason why i finally give up all the time, its so frustrating. I know we shouldnt lose it 2 fast or it goes back on fast but I think with my situation and the amount of help I have got over the years its way to slow of weight loss. Is my metabolism fecked maybe?

Hiya

We do all reduce at different speeds but ultimately all that matters is that you get there and stay there when you reach goal.

However slow you reduce it will still be quick compared to the rest of your life and therefore keep going and you'll be absolutely fine!

Mike

I was pretty much the same for twenty years! The more I dieted the bigger I got.

But then I changed my mindset from wanting to lose weight to wanting to be slim instead. And started focusing on what I wanted and not what I didn't want and then the pounds started to fall off ! :)

Anyway have a great weekend

M.

i am down 8 pounds, i cant rem when i started, its prob on my profile thing but its better then nothing.
Maybe i should start thinking different, i am going to get large mushrooms and eat them a bit again i LOVE them and they are filing and stock up on the salmon/tuna again

i am just back from gym, so i only started that this week. so we will c how quite it is now

do you think so :) ahh cool, its just been slow all my life so i end up giving up. Thanks hun i prob needed that, this site is bloody great. My good days are when i come on line i find lol

As Starlight says you are doing great. Following a healthy eating plan its usual to lose between 1-2lbs a week which is what the medics recommend.

I know I always want to lose a bucketful each week and I have got demotivated in the past when the losses have been low (in my mind) but who says this has to be a sprint. A marathon taking in the scenic route still gets to the same end and maybe have a tad more fun along the way.

Pat yourself on the back.

I know when i did ww before (lost 5 stone) when bit things i found were drinking my daily amount of water, watching how many bannans i ate as these held my weight and also watching my bread intake as i know u can eat what u like with points but i found if i ate too much i didnt lose as well, so i limited myself to just 2 slices per day

Your doing really well! Remember to drink your water ( i am sooo bad i miss it all the time!) hopefully being hydrated will help the weight loss, but your doing great already! Have faith :eek:)

thanks everyone, i find the water hard to drink agh im starting now, bottle no 1

Can you drink sparkling water is it the same ? i love sparkling

yeah sparkling is the same, so is water with sugar free squash the only things that dont count towards a daily fluid intake is alcohol and drinks with caffine in ie tea/coffe/coke ( unless you buy caffine free coke)

Sparkling is the way forward!!! i dont know what i would have done without it tbh! hahahaha
i am like you very very slow with the weight loss! but ah who cares, its coming off that's the main thing!
Weigh in tonight!!! ahhhhhhhh

xx

Well done on getting onto the 'hydrated side'! Sparkling water is all good.

Though I disagree with WMBB on one point - some caffeinated drinks do count as part of your daily fluid intake so you can still have tea/coffee/diet coke. WMBB is right in that caffeine does dehydrate the body - this is usually after quite a lot. So as long as you don't overdo it and you try to get plenty of water as well you should be fine. (Apparently it takes 7 cups of normal tea before it starts having an adverse affect!)

Really just trying to keep your intake of fluids high is the key and sounds like you've got a good plan in place.

Did not realise that sparkling flavoured water counted as water intake, just presumed that it would be cancelled out like Coke etc - wahooo delighted! x

lol its not only the caffine in the tea though its the tea itself its a diuretic and thus makes u lose more water because your peeing it out.

Doesnt mean its retained/absorbed, science is more accurate than WW im afraid.its a fact that tea is a diuretic just because ww say count it as fluid doesnt mean its any less of a fact

Back