Why such a small loss?

Stinkybreath

Size 14 here i come!
This is the first week i have done CD 100% without any slip ups or been ill. I am due WI on mon and so far this week i have lost about half pound!!??:confused:

I have really enjoyed this week too, not struggled and not wanted to give in, i still won't give as i am going away for w'end next week and will be good till then but really cheesed off!!

Yes it will be TOTM at the end of next week but that really isn't making me feel any better. Half a pound all week is rubbish, i do have about 5 tetras a week and about 5 bars but some people live on just them so surely that can't be it?

The weekend is not a good time to be low about the diet, i know it's my own fault for getting weighed but it's what usually keeps me going through the week.:(

I guess i just thought that first week being good all week i would have had a good loss. Right i will stop feeling sorry for myself now and get on with it!

cant say why hun lm a restarter on cd 3rd time my weighlosses are a lot slower than before, doing ss and drinking 5litres of water everyday looks like l have a slow loss again this week lol, we will get there in the end :)

Thanks sasha for not giving me grief about weighing myself first of all!
I guess you are right but i have never lost so little before, it's a good job i am finding this week so easy other wise it could have got very ugly at brekkie this morning!

Hi stinkybreath, I feel the same this week. I haven't cheated at all this week and only lost a lb!!! Was gutted tbh. That was at my official weigh in on Wednesday and I do t feel like I've lost anything since. I'm still in ketosis so much be using fat it just isn't showing on the scales!! It's really disheartening! The only thing I can think of is it must be water retention!! For you that is!! For me not sure but I hope it sorts itself out soon there's only so long you can keep positive with scales that won't move!!! But I'm sure for you it is the TOTM. Xx

I am sure next week you will have a much bigger loss .. maybe its just your body getting used to SS .... not sure but if you stick with it I am sure it will pick up again :)
How come you have gone onto SS rather than SS+ ?? were you not happy with your losses ? i am going to do another week and see how I get on .. and may think about returning to SS if my loss isnt more than 3lb ....

Ack. Weight loss is fickle. Fat loss more predictable, and you would have lost the 'normal' amount of that, but it's harder to measure.

I never tell people not to weigh, because I think it's good to learn to be at peace with the scales. Look at them...say "interesting", then get on with the job of losing fat ;)

See here for further details :)

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/61295-measuring-success-scales.html

You're going great guns! Yay...genius at work :clap:

C robson i hope you are right about it being water retention as like you say it's so hard to keep going with no loss on those god damn scales,lol

Katie i am still doing ss+ hun, i can't do ss as that's why i left LT so i could have the 200cal meal with CD.

KD thanks for that, i do always weigh myself i love it when the scales go down or sts. It's just when they don't move for a few days then i get confused. Anyway i will wait to see what CDC scales say on mon and as the post says try not to get too hung up if they don't say what i want to see. Shame it also said this.... If the scales reflect this, that’s just the icing on the cake........
did it have to mention CAKE??lol

Back