Why the Oatbran??

soshbfly

Silver Member
I know this may sound silly as I'm nearly 3 weeks into this diet, but I can't determine exactly WHY we have to eat oat bran while losing and also forever after?

I don't mind it, but last night made a gallette at 9pm because I had forgotten to squeeze in my oat bran and it got me thinking - "why I do have to eat this again???" The book doesn't give me a great enough explanation.

Aaah, I missed the last bit on there - thank you so much!!:
2. Intestinal loss action
This is THE foundation of its action on weight. When the bran is in transit, mixed with the alimentary bolus, it undergoes chemical attack from gastric acid, followed by bile and finally pancreatic juices. It thus turns into a pulp reduced to the state of elementary chains, fatty acids, amino acids and glucose.
It is within this highly calorific pulp that the oat bran deploys its slimming power.
What advantage does this property provide in the fight against excess weight and in health prevention

I'd also be so bold to add that it's oatbran (and wheatbran for those of us who use it) which gives us some carbs so as (hopefully) not to have quite the same issues as reintroducing carbs after an Atkins induction type diet. Plus, frankly, most of us old timers couldn't do without the fabulous confections we knock up with the bran!

Back