Discover WI 20 Loss 6.25lb - 23lb since Dec 30th

puggso_32

Right to the 'point'
I'm keeping this short and sweet as an intro, as I need to go out but if I didn't do it now...I might not have done it at all.

My name is Stephen, I'm now 28 and I've been on this site before a few times with pretty excellent results! So that is why I'm back!

According to my profile I joined on 15th December 2007 which is over 8 years ago. Terrifying! In that time I mostly followed weight watchers (old points) religiously and also went to meetings until I moved from my small town to Glasgow. But kept going, and I wont lie; if you follow it by the book it works as this is me at my skinniest and heaviest.

diff.jpg

I'd never lie. It's not an easy road to take but the results are obviously worth it.

In the interim years I've kept on top of things. I've never been that light again but the weight has never piled on. I took up running, completeing a 10k and half marathon along the way.

However from this summer until now it's been a slow downward spiral. Not in an out of control manner. It was just a large number of events/holidays all came along one after the other and never really allowed time to setting down.

So with Christmas out of the way I am now back! And have my eyes on the prize!

This is me as at Christmas Eve;

Untitled.png

Not awful but enough weight back on that I'm uncomfortable with myself.

As with before what I'm simply going to do is keep a food diary here as I go.

I'll update avatars/signatures/details etc when I get back in this evening. I'm off to see The Hobbit. So a nice 45 minute walk in and out will help get me going!

Last edited:
I should be on 21 points but I'm making in 20 to account for my milk in coffee a day (generally 3 when working, 1 or 2 if off)

Also this site has the old calculator which is great - Weight Watchers® Calculator - Vintage Points

Morrisons Bran Flakes with skimmed milk - 4

hey! I am just starting back today myself, subscribing for any help :( Lets get this DONE!!

Sounds a plan to me!

Toast (with a cuppa) - 3

Chicken - 5
Boiled potatoes - 5
Bread - 2

Toast with butter - 3

22 for the day but with 95 minutes of walking I'm OK with it

Today will be interesting, but is a perfect way to get back in to it all!

I'm a bagpiper and tonight I'm in Edinburgh to pipe in the bells at an event. I also get to sit in on the 4 course meal. Soup, haggis, dessert and cofee I believe.

So today is simple up until then;

1 - Big nice walk this morning
2 - Breakfast of dry toast (2) and 1 cal spray fried mushrooms and onions (0)
3 - Make a big pot of 0 point Brocolli and Cauliflower soup (0) to get me through the rest of the day.

My hope is that the walking points coupled with only having 2 actual points through the day will see me fine tonight. I'm driving so there will be no alcohol either!

What you think? :)

Aw that sounds like a great NYE! dry nye will more than make up for your 4 courses lol, I could see me drinking that in baileys, or wine alone later ...

Hope you have a great night! Happy New Year!

Aw that sounds like a great NYE! dry nye will more than make up for your 4 courses lol, I could see me drinking that in baileys, or wine alone later ...

Hope you have a great night! Happy New Year!

Aye it's always the same for me as I need to drive and by the time I'm home I'm good for bed. A wee dram maybe but I'll let that slide :)

Same to you, enjoy the Baileys!!!

So I stuck to my plan however for our meal we only got a small helping of haggis, neaps and tatties as the rest had run out.

I did however have a can of coke and a can of irn bru while hanging around at 2 each. And I had toast and butter when I got home along with my soup so that's 3.

If I'm right then, before the meal I had 7 points leaving me 13. Which I'm certain is ample!

So a guid new year tae wan an awe as we'd say up here :)

Breakfast of toast with 1-cal spray fried mushrooms and onions (the rest from yesterday!) - 2

Here to subscribe and get inspiration. Am I right that you are doing vintage points as 20 points don't seem a lot so it confused me. Good luck on your journey xx

I am indeed yeah, it's all I've ever used and has worked :)

I was wanting to do a walk today but the weather in sunny Glasgow has been awful! I haven't ate anything else except my planned meal of steak (no sauce), 1 cal roast potatoes and 1 cal onions. So everything all in is really good...then I had the bottle of wine I had lying around! I used the "well I'm still off work best get rid of it" excuse haha. I'm not a wine drinker, was a left over Christmas present. Rude not to eh?

But I'm ok with it! I'll live :)

Last edited:
You will. I have tons of chocolate to get rid off. And yeah do what works for you I've not read much about them. Hope you get your walk Tomorrow. The weather here isn't much better X

You will. I have tons of chocolate to get rid off. And yeah do what works for you I've not read much about them. Hope you get your walk Tomorrow. The weather here isn't much better X

The weather is looking dicey but I'll be going regardless. Got waterproofs so there's really no huge excuse for it! Be doing that later on but!

Bran flakes with skimmed milk - 4

That's me done my first shopping of the year. It was funny doing a shopping again buying the things I used previously, like riding a bike...only everything had been moved around!!!

Now as I use this as an online tracker you'll quickly realise I eat a lot of the same things. And said things seem pretty bland. But I found when I had my WW material that certain foods on discovery were listed so that regardless how much you ate - as long as you only ate until satisfied - were giving a blanket pointing of 5. This included pasta, rice, potatoes, cous cous, chickens and most most meats. So I tend to follow that quite a lot.

Using one of these items as my main meal along with a sauce and bulking it with veg and a couple slices of bread I found to be absolutely ideal for me.

It worked previously, so it should work again.

Oh and sugar free jelly...love it! Always got a bowl setting in the fridge!

Rains off, I'm away a walk!

Cheers, I did! A good 80 minutes or so (I was out 90 but was running a few errands too).

Snack of Spar Cheese and Chive Waffles (my favourite) - 2

6 so far today

Oo they sound nice. Must look out for them X

They are my absolute favourite. Was gutted recently as I had a 24 hour Spar very near me and these were a drunk snack of choice but it got re-frenachised to a Premier. Not the same :(

Evening meal;

Pasta - 5
Sauce - 1
Bread - 2
Jelly - 0

Back