WI - when do you stop eating?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by couteaux, 26 March 2009 Social URL.

1. couteaux

couteaux Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan!
    It is WI day today and I'm getting weighed at 7pm (ish) I'm never sure when is the best time to stop eating/drinking? I don't want to turn up full of food/water esp as I had such a rubbish 1st wk loss, desperate to see a good number LOL!

So, what do you do on the day of your WI? Any tips to share? :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    well i stop eating about 1pm and my wi is 6.30pm . and i dont eat much on light foods like fruit and salad.

4. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

My WI is at 5.30, I have lunch at 1230 and don't have anything to drink after 2pm

I have no idea if it makes any difference but it's my routine! I'm starving and gasping for a cuppa by the time I've been weighed!!

5. StephCracknell

StephCracknell Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.2%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro points
    I eat a light breakkie and lunch around 12 and then that's it until WI where I will have a hi fi bar until i get home and have dinner

x

6. ronnie87

ronnie87 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oooh gosh - not tried this - I ate lunch at about 2.30 yesterday and was drinking lots of water throughout the afternoon...weigh-in was at 5.30pm...might have to try this on weigh in days!!

7. RM07

RM07 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7.5lb(33.48%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't stop eating or drinking... if I'm hungry I will snack on free foods and I will continue to drink water and green tea.

Fav WI day snacks are: carrots, melon and grapes

However on WI day I will only eat free foods and healthy extras - and these have to be light bites. Only because I know if I eat something heavy I will blame any gain on that instead of my overall week!

8. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I weigh in at 6pm. I tend to eat lunch (but try not to make it something heavy like a jacket spud!) and carry on drinking water/squash til about 3pm. I figure that's enough time for any wee to work itself out of my system!

9. jezebel

jezebel Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    im 3 weeks into sw this time i have been drinking coffee and eating on the day and my weight loss has not been good last time i did it i did not have anything only sips of water and it makes a huge difference this time first week two and a half pound last time 8 pounds and i was roughly the same weight both times.

10. zenabob2105

zenabob2105 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(27.42%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I always eat and drink as normal on weigh in day, usually having a full meal before weigh in at 5.15 it never made any difference to my loss, as I always had one, except for a couple of times over xmas!

11. dehli

dehli Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.47%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    My weigh in is 7 ish, I try and have a light lunch and no food after 2pm. I don't drink anything after 5. It's silly really, but once you start doing it you have to do the same thing every week!

12. susiesue123

susiesue123 Member

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slim fast
    I agree with the above, the best thing is to do the same every week!
    my weigh in is at 6.30 but I still have tea with kids at 5pm,
    which i will carry on doing, i have done it in the past where i have not eaten/drank in day of weigh in which is good for that weigh in - but what about the next one? do oyu then go for 2 days without eating??!
    as long as my weight is coming off I am happy x

13. Indieflower

Indieflower I have my mojo

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(39.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Red
    I usually continue to eat and drink, but they are light foods, however, this week I'm not optmistic about my weigh in so I may stop at lunch time!

14. Princess Sausage

Princess Sausage Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    SW EE
    This was one reason I started a morning class this time around. Last time my weigh in was in the evening and I would eat practically nothing all day, then I'd be so famished after weigh in I would eat anything, and often did!

I weigh in at 10am this time and just have a cup of tea in the morning, sometimes I have a hifi bar at class with a cuppa or have a brunch when I get back, this has really helped me this time around.

15. Martha39

Martha39 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I weigh in at 7pm. Always have a good breakfast then a salad usually chicken or tinned fish and a yogurt for lunch, always have a red day. Once I had a big bowl of lentil soup for lunch and weighed in heavy that week so always have salad weighday. Nothing to drink for 2 hours before I weigh.

16. JestersTear

JestersTear Cute, but psycho!

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I tend to stop eating after 2:30. My weigh in is at 7pm.
    I think it's psychological with me though as if I had my normal tea and then got weighed, I;d blame any maintain or weight gain on that and not what naughties I may have had in the week (not that I have naughties - oh no!)
    Still, it seems to be working as I've lost just over 3 stones so far..

17. Emz118

Emz118 Desperate to be slim!

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I WI at 6.30, straight after staff meeting at school! Argh!
    I am always starving by 4pm, so have an Alpen Light and an Options hot choc while I'm at the meeting, then I make sure I go to the loo before I leave school and go straight there.
    I just try to make sure I do the same every week, then I think it must be fair!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. JestersTear

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I always try and wear the same clothes each week too (well, same type at least) and never jeans *lol*

20. *angie*

*angie* loves food and cooking

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(3.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World and 5:2 (not together)
    This has been interesting reading ...

My weigh in is at 6pm, and don't drink anything after 4pm beacuse liquid weighs loads - but the food I think I do very differently;

I USED to eat a vey light lunch on weigh in day, and then not snack all afternoon, ultimately I was getting too hungry by 6pm

NOW I eat a nice big (although free) lunch - big jacket, lots of corn, huge salad on green or bacon, free sausage, beans, tomatoes etc on EE ... and a pud of fruit and yogurt ... and I find that firstly I don't miss the snacks in the afternoon (as I ate loads at lunch) but also that my losses have been better since I have started doing it.

oh - and I *always* wear jeans ...

wierd eh!

21. JestersTear

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think if I'd worn jeans on my first weigh in, then I'd always wear them, but as I was too fat (yes, I'm brave, I use the word lol) to wear even the biggest size, I wore a pair of stretchy black trousers.

22. Rachella

Rachella Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(26.79%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting and shakes
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.