WI - when do you stop eating?

couteaux

Silver Member
It is WI day today and I'm getting weighed at 7pm (ish) I'm never sure when is the best time to stop eating/drinking? I don't want to turn up full of food/water esp as I had such a rubbish 1st wk loss, desperate to see a good number LOL!

So, what do you do on the day of your WI? Any tips to share? :)

well i stop eating about 1pm and my wi is 6.30pm . and i dont eat much on light foods like fruit and salad.

My WI is at 5.30, I have lunch at 1230 and don't have anything to drink after 2pm

I have no idea if it makes any difference but it's my routine! I'm starving and gasping for a cuppa by the time I've been weighed!!

I eat a light breakkie and lunch around 12 and then that's it until WI where I will have a hi fi bar until i get home and have dinner

x

Oooh gosh - not tried this - I ate lunch at about 2.30 yesterday and was drinking lots of water throughout the afternoon...weigh-in was at 5.30pm...might have to try this on weigh in days!!

I don't stop eating or drinking... if I'm hungry I will snack on free foods and I will continue to drink water and green tea.

Fav WI day snacks are: carrots, melon and grapes

However on WI day I will only eat free foods and healthy extras - and these have to be light bites. Only because I know if I eat something heavy I will blame any gain on that instead of my overall week!

I weigh in at 6pm. I tend to eat lunch (but try not to make it something heavy like a jacket spud!) and carry on drinking water/squash til about 3pm. I figure that's enough time for any wee to work itself out of my system!

im 3 weeks into sw this time i have been drinking coffee and eating on the day and my weight loss has not been good last time i did it i did not have anything only sips of water and it makes a huge difference this time first week two and a half pound last time 8 pounds and i was roughly the same weight both times.

I always eat and drink as normal on weigh in day, usually having a full meal before weigh in at 5.15 it never made any difference to my loss, as I always had one, except for a couple of times over xmas!

My weigh in is 7 ish, I try and have a light lunch and no food after 2pm. I don't drink anything after 5. It's silly really, but once you start doing it you have to do the same thing every week!

I agree with the above, the best thing is to do the same every week!
my weigh in is at 6.30 but I still have tea with kids at 5pm,
which i will carry on doing, i have done it in the past where i have not eaten/drank in day of weigh in which is good for that weigh in - but what about the next one? do oyu then go for 2 days without eating??!
as long as my weight is coming off I am happy x

I usually continue to eat and drink, but they are light foods, however, this week I'm not optmistic about my weigh in so I may stop at lunch time!

This was one reason I started a morning class this time around. Last time my weigh in was in the evening and I would eat practically nothing all day, then I'd be so famished after weigh in I would eat anything, and often did!

I weigh in at 10am this time and just have a cup of tea in the morning, sometimes I have a hifi bar at class with a cuppa or have a brunch when I get back, this has really helped me this time around.

I weigh in at 7pm. Always have a good breakfast then a salad usually chicken or tinned fish and a yogurt for lunch, always have a red day. Once I had a big bowl of lentil soup for lunch and weighed in heavy that week so always have salad weighday. Nothing to drink for 2 hours before I weigh.

I tend to stop eating after 2:30. My weigh in is at 7pm.
I think it's psychological with me though as if I had my normal tea and then got weighed, I;d blame any maintain or weight gain on that and not what naughties I may have had in the week (not that I have naughties - oh no!)
Still, it seems to be working as I've lost just over 3 stones so far..

I WI at 6.30, straight after staff meeting at school! Argh!
I am always starving by 4pm, so have an Alpen Light and an Options hot choc while I'm at the meeting, then I make sure I go to the loo before I leave school and go straight there.
I just try to make sure I do the same every week, then I think it must be fair!

This has been interesting reading ...

My weigh in is at 6pm, and don't drink anything after 4pm beacuse liquid weighs loads - but the food I think I do very differently;

I USED to eat a vey light lunch on weigh in day, and then not snack all afternoon, ultimately I was getting too hungry by 6pm

NOW I eat a nice big (although free) lunch - big jacket, lots of corn, huge salad on green or bacon, free sausage, beans, tomatoes etc on EE ... and a pud of fruit and yogurt ... and I find that firstly I don't miss the snacks in the afternoon (as I ate loads at lunch) but also that my losses have been better since I have started doing it.

oh - and I *always* wear jeans ...

wierd eh!

I think if I'd worn jeans on my first weigh in, then I'd always wear them, but as I was too fat (yes, I'm brave, I use the word lol) to wear even the biggest size, I wore a pair of stretchy black trousers.

Back