Wierd and wonderful Diary of food for life

Fattyfattyboomboom

Silver Member
Hello one and all,

I am back after a very long pregnancy break, and am so looking forward to starting my diary. For those who don't know me, my name is Jennifer( just call me Jenn) I am a 32 year old wife and mother of 2 beautiful boys, ( one 4 year old and one 10 week old) I am at this moment 23 stone exactly. I have from the age of 10 had weight issues. about 4 years ago I got myself on track and started to lose weight and after 8 years of trying, I finally got pregnant with my first son, but managed (from start to finish) to put on an amazing 5 stone. Then last year I decided that I needed to lose the weight and get back on track again. And after 2 weeks of CDing and 6 weeks of SW i lost 2 stone, and just happened to get PG with my second son. This time i have put on 3 and a half stone. ( better than last time at least) so now, I am here again, determined to get myself and my shape back. I don't feel like myself at the weight I am and whilst of course I was heavier at my top pg weight, right now this is the heavist I have been in my life and I hate every minute of it. So I am here to hopefully meet some people who are in the same or similar situation, and who don't mind the rantings of a mad woman. As you can tell from this post I talk A LOT!! But I always love conversation, so please write and let me know what you think, offer suggestions, or just come and have a chat.:D

good luck honey

xx

Hey Jenn

Welcome back!!! I have just started the SW plan last week and I am loving it soo far!! This forum site and all the people have been invaluable in my first week for ideas and motivation.

Love and luck and look forward to keeping in touch throughout your progress

Lisa xxx

Welcome back and good luck with your weight loss.

We have a lot in common, I have a lot of weight to lose, and I live about 40 miles away from you in Norfolk, and I love to chat.

So looking forward to chatting with you. X

:Dthanks ladies, nice to see such welcoming messages!! Well today is my first day back at it. Stilling doing a mix2max today as I just wanted to try and figure out the easy plan. But I am looking forward to the mushroom curry we are having for dinner tonight ( the SW curry book) is my other half's favourite book of them all and since he is doing the cooking and not on the diet and eating it anyway, it says a lot for the taste of combination of foods.

Hiya donnie,

Nice " to meet" cha!:) Thanks for the welcome. And if it is chat you want...trust me it is chat you will get. ( at least when the baby is napping that is) hehehe.

p.s to all those of your who like to be able to read what people type down I am sorry, I have a tendancy to type in Jenniferese and have loads of typos and jump from thought to thought so early apologies for that.:D

well I am not expecting this week to be very hard as I think I will actually be eating more than I have been, it is just getting out of the recent habit of just eating any old thing because I am hungry and not had time to cook. And the junk I am grabbing is that...junk. But funnily enough my 4 year gets the best and healthiest of all. He had turkey sandwiches and cucumber and carrot sticks for his lunch and porridge or breakfast. Since not being PG I don't really eat breakfast anymore, stopping drinking my water (hardly drinking anything at all- I only drink water) and turned to the odd packet of crisps or small candy bar for energy. And I hate that. So glad I am getting back to work with the diet again.

Hi Jenn!!!
Just catching up...firstly congratulations on the arrival of little one! Secondly welcome back! You know what you have to do in order to loose the weight...you will get there, so no more snacking on the rubbish and drink water! Water is your friend!

xxxx

Hiya Jenn! Welcome back :wavey:

Good Luck on your journey xx

thanks to everyone for the lovely welcomes.

well so far today I have been good, so one day down. I still need to have my dinner, which I am not sure how it will come out. But fingers crossed. Seeing as I have a cold and can't smell much I doubt I will taste much so I really won't know if it is bad or not. *LOL* And the good thing is that the little one likes we to hold him in the evening before I take him up to bed, so that means I can't get anything naughty from the cupboard. But also saying that. I still have loads of syns and a healthy A to use, ( which was going to be some mini ryvitas with two of the small portions of boursin. But if I can't then I can't. Also I am hoping that I only eat it cuz I am hungry, and not for another reason ( bordem) I know that when I get a bit of excerise and only eat when I am actually hungry and stop when I am full ( the first time) then I lose weight no problem. But we shall see.

hmmm...well I am thinking I shouldn'tbe too upset it is only one day, but I only lost 1/2 a pound yesterday. I am sure I pee more than that. I only had 3 syns yesterday and only 1 A and 2 B's ( on mix2max). I think sinced I haven't been drinkin much lately and I drank more yesterday, I may just be rehydrating myself and holding more water...so I am sure 1/2 a pound is ok. But normally when I have restarted in the past I lost 1 pound per day for a few days.

The curry by the way was awful ( sw curry book) it was one we never tried before. DH had to start all over again and make a new one from scratch with quorn fillets. Since the last one used all our mushrooms * hence mushroom curry). He managed to make a healthy one. Which was a shock cuz he is a fantastic cook and makes curry's as good as from the take aways.

Well lets see what happens today. I have had my normal bran and bananas for breakfast with skimmed milk as my syns( cuz I love my cheese) and an apple. Lunch, I am think I am going to have since salad with eggs, turkey, spring onions, carrots and some broccoli. And for tea tonight we are having rosemary pork and seasoned sweet potato garlic mash and red cabbage. So I doubt I will need anymore syns, but I will try and have them just incase i need to have them to lose the weight.

Tomorrow we are going to see blur at hyde park, so I will managed get breakfast only...there after I think I will be lost. And no doubt DH will want to go grab something to eat when we are out and I am dreading that as I only just started and I don't want to mess things up. I am not too sure what to do.

Take some nibbles with you Huni...chicken drumsticks, fruit salad, syn free quiche, rice/pasta salad just incase you feel tempted. I always take a tupperware box with some bits in it, as Hubby always wants something when we are out!

thanks ms V.

AHhhhhh what a nightmare. Well I am slighty gutted as yesterday was quite stressful and I caved. How crap is that? No only now is it my TOTM which is my first since having the baby. I have been having a nightmare with my people carrier. And now everything is off.

Firstly I had to take my Car to mechanics LAST tuesday and spent almost £400 on a new battery and two new tyres and a "faulty" sensor, since my car was looking power and would go above 3500 RPM without having a freak out. I took it to chrysler on thursday for a £55 "DIAGNOSIS" after we told them the code for the error. Then they said another sensor needed replacing which would only be £161 BUT since they had no courtesy cars they would need to rent one for us at £20 per day( for a micra which i can't even fit the two kids in plus my hubby and I)But they would have a car by wednesday ( but we wouldn't need it as the car would be ready by then) Of course I am thinking that is ok. We aren't going to london till friday ( having planned everything for the last 6 months).Anyway I got a call saying that it was something else called a fly wheel and they it would now cost me £861.00 plus the car of course. But what choice do you have? Gotta have a car and pay for it. SO after all the weight and 6 days later we drove the hourish to go the chrysler to get the car. Paying out the £961.00 WHICH WAS 671 IN LABOUR CHARGES! We thought ok it: 2pm we have enough time togo to the vets and pick up the dogs records, get back home get the dogs in the car and get them to the kennels before 5:30pm and we need to make dinner before 6pm for the kids. But of course that would be far too easy. We didn't even make it 1/2 a mile down the road when the engine warning light came back on and the car stalled ( it's automatic) So we went back angry. NO car and £1000+ pounds down. Not to mention whilst my car is 4 and a half years old, we keep it in good condition and it has only done 27,000 miles. So it is not old or high in mileage. Now we were stuck there on hour away from home, it is gone 3:15 pm and we were angry and waiting to see what they were going to do. They need to keep the car again, but we would not be able to get to london in the micro as we are all big plus the baby. The car was too small and they had nothing else. SO they did give us a cvr which was one fo the directors personal cars, but it still pissed us off. By the time we did all the paperwork, it was nearly 4pm and we had to drive the hour home in what had now become rush hour traffic, and be there before the vets closed to get the letter and then rush home and get the dogs in the car and drive the 40 minutes to the kennels. NO WAY. So I had to tell them I would do it in the morning as I wouldn't make it before they closed. But by this time we were both just festering on how we had been ripped off and were £1000 down and no better off with a new fault with the car ( which according to them was tested and fine). Which obviously was not "FINE". And now it just more trouble. It took the whole fun out of the whole thing. SO my DH decided he was too depressed about it all and that he would rather not go and see blur. We have waited YEARS to see them. And bought 6 tickets but didn't get them in time to sell them so we were going to sell them outside the concert. SO now we are £300 out for the tickets. And now £64 for the kennels too. One of my mates was going to have my son over to hers for a sleep over with her kids which is now cancelled ( which I am happy about) because it wasn't until yesterday * the day before I am going* that should would be leaving my son with one of her friends for an hour as she had an appointment. And whilst I know the woman and she is a slight acquaintance, I was not comfortable with her watching him when he has only seen her a couple of times and it was his first sleep over. Whist I AM SURE he would be safe, I am not willing to take that chance with my son. And I doubt he would be too happy being left with a vitural stranger. SOooooooooooooooooo

To make a long story longer...last night by the time we got everything sorted out and my son fed and the baby fed we were too tired too cook as we got a takeaway. I had a small chicken/lamb shish kebab with salads and a white pitta. Only my second day and I caved, but I guess that is how i handle stress I need to think of a better way. Thing is I didn't even enjoy it. but plus side is only only gain 6 oz. which I will work on today. SO I am not better or worse then when i started my diet on wednesday. SO I guess that is ok, but don't want to fall off the wagon so soon.

But on the plus side, my son is safe, my baby is smiling loads, MY DH feels happier not to have to run around like headless chickens getting everything ready for the trip. Soooo on for a better day SW'ing.

p.s sorry for the typos

oh honey. you've had one hell of a time. so sorry to hear you can't get to see blur...

abz xx

Aww Huni...what a mess! Your car sounds like a nightmare. We were looking at the Chrysler MPV and decided against it...sounds too expensive!
I am really sorry to hear that your plans for Blur...but as you said...no more stress, everyone is happier.
As for the kebab, you had a small one with a salad. Its not the end of the world, just make sure that you follow the plan to the letter now and you will still loose weight as this is your first week.
Take care Hun.

Kerry-Ann
xx

Found you Jenn, thanks for the link abz.

Jeez, sounds like a nightmare to me. Thank god it's all over Jenn.

What a lot of money to be down Jenn. I have recently had an experience with something that was out of guarantee but still covered - get in touch with Consumer Direct, tell them what you have told us and see if there is any comeback with the car

have just read through and feel exhausted reading it never mind going through it. when i have some more energy i'll add my saga with utility coompanies. 'speak soon' xxx

hey there jenn. how are things going with you at the mo? Have you had a good weekend?

abz xx

Morning Jenn.

Back