Wife has pcos.

BigChris

Hi all, Probably a bit unusual for a guy to post in this section but im looking for advice. My missus has pcos, when i told her i was going to diet she said she was not bothered about doing it too because she wont lose weight due to having pcos. She is about a size 12 (no idea on weight). I dont want her to lose weight for any selfish reasons but feel it will make her feel better about herself especially with body hair issues etc. Also i believe the effects of pcos would be less if she lost weight i think?

Any advice?

BigChris said:
Hi all, Probably a bit unusual for a guy to post in this section but im looking for advice. My missus has pcos, when i told her i was going to diet she said she was not bothered about doing it too because she wont lose weight due to having pcos. She is about a size 12 (no idea on weight). I dont want her to lose weight for any selfish reasons but feel it will make her feel better about herself especially with body hair issues etc. Also i believe the effects of pcos would be less if she lost weight i think?

Any advice?

I think it's nice your seeking advice for her. Size 12 is actualy not big. Depends how tall she is though.? Maybe a diet book on which foods to eat and to avoid would be helpful?! She would loose weight slowly by doing that. Also it has to be low GI diet. Yes low GI should help with all of the above things you mentioned :)

she's not big at all but iv done slimming world diet and that works really well and it doesn't feel like you on a diet and its tasty food my husband is just the same about diets but he eats it and doesn't know the difference . who does the cooking in your house ? if its you , there is some really good recipes on here to try on her x

I dont know how tall your wife is but size 12 certainly isnt big (and I certainly wouldnt suggest to her that she should lose weight as you might get a slap round the face!)
What I would suggest though is a change in diet - diets dont always mean losing weight - it could just be to maintain it but I'm sure there is always ways to make what you eat much healthier. Eating the right sort of foods can certainly help with the PCOS such as cutting out high carbs and high sugar foods.
I have been doing a low GI diet for PCOS and although I havent lost any weight I feel a lot healthier, my cycles are starting to regulate and my skin has cleared up a lot. Just the weight loss to start now!!! :)

Back