Wii Fit & EA Sports Active anyone??

purpleisa

Hi all

Was just wondering if anyone here was using Wii fit or EA Sports Active as all or part of their excerise regime and how it was going.

I'm using EA Sports right now following two weeks wii fit - started the 30 day challenge yesterday and it seems to be easier to get us sweat than with Wii fit although the calories burned seem to be about the same. Wii fit is more fun though :0)

I like it cause i can fit in a wee wii workout in my busy day as a working mum but just wonder if the results will be good??

Love to hear from you all

I lost 2 inches off both my waist and hips on the first 30 day challenge! The shape of my legs has improved for the better too. Now I must get my backside into gear and start it again! Thanks for the reminder!

Hi
I started the 30 day challenge today, def felt it was a good workout and built up a bit of a sweat, i'm doing the medium intensity, only down thing is i think i might need a more taut resistance band, but other than that i really enjoyed the first workout ( doing tennis tomoz)

Hi all

Judi - thanks for the inspiration I missed my workout yesterday but back into it today - my three year old was copying the whole workout so that kept me going too!

Poppy - I think I may try a tighter resistance band too. Esp for the bent over rows - it just hurts my thighs standing like that and doesn't seem to be doing anything on back and arms - and the bicep curls etc just seem too easy right now.

Good luck all...

Last edited:
Hi

I'm using the Wii Fit, about 30 mins at least two days a week and it has definitely toned me. I never thought to measure myself before I started, but I'm certain I've lost a few inches because of it.

My favourites have to be the Island Jogging and the Boxing - I've reduced my four knees down to two and I have a collarbone!

Good luck!

I love the boxing!!!

I was a bit lazy over the weekend and I think EA Sports is trying to punish me!! Ow ow ow!!

I'm on day 4 of ea sports active, rest day yesterday (which i felt i needed) and toning today, def hurting parts that haven't been used for a while but todays wasn't to bad compared to first 2 workouts

what system is the EA active on? the wii?

i have a wii fit i've been using, i love the step class and the boxing, although i have terrible coordination! haha! I find it great fun but im not sure how much it's really doing me good, i think of it as just fun really.

what system is the EA active on? the wii?

i have a wii fit i've been using, i love the step class and the boxing, although i have terrible coordination! haha! I find it great fun but im not sure how much it's really doing me good, i think of it as just fun really.

Yes its on the wii and it works you more than wii fit

Just started another 30 day work out - havent been on for a couple of months but did okay this am :D

oh that's interesting, do you haev to buy anything other than the actual game? i might invest on payday!

good to hear the EA active is worthwhile... I was bought it for my birthday, last August, did it once and then put it back in the box. Not because I didn't like it, but I was just being lazy! Now I'm back on track with my eating I want to get some exercise done, so I think I will get started on the 30 day challenge this week!

Woodsylou - its about £25-30 for the game and it comes with the stuff you need - a strap for around your leg for the nunchuck and resistance bands.

I will say - I have fallen off the wagon with 30 day challenge - but did lots of physical work in the garden at the weekend so not feeling too guilty. I think I might just do custom workouts for a couple of weeks and see how I go.....

I feel a Wii EA Active challenge coming on!!!!!!!
whose up for the 30 day challenge???
To start.......monday???

Oh yeah!!! Just what I need to get back into it!!! I'll play!!!

Thanks has2tri!!!:D

Should we start a new thread for the challenge - do you want to do the honours?

awww i won't have it by monday, but i'll start once i get it in a few weeks :)

OK I shall put a thread up. Woodyslou when we finish we can always start another 30 day challenge if you want to join.

Shell

yeah that's great thanks :)

will do! i'll follow how you're all doing to prepare myself! ;)

I love the wii fit!! I like the step programme that lets me watch TV while I'm doing it!! I do that for half an hour most days and then I'll do 10 minute hula hooping and every other day or so I'll mix up the opsticle course, boxing and some of the others!! I feel tired after doing it but I'm yet to see any real results.

Back