wii 'just dance'

daisydoll

Gold Member
has anyone else got it?

we played on it on new years eve at a party and i got my own copy today, its really good fun and i'm knackered from doing just a few songs.

the kids have been on it for hours, it looks so funny when they are all in a row
doing it

i reckon i must have burnt a few calories off!

daisy x

My knee is still in shock from the Wii Fit Plus!! I'm not doing the dance thingy too!

i might pick this up :)
perfect for when peeps come over :)

I want to get that! I just finished about 45 minutes of Wii fit. BUt I find the games on sport resort get my heartbeat up more - particularly sword fightin - can really work up a sweta on that!

I like the free jog too. :)

It is so much more fun then I thought it was going to be!

BL free jog is brillant :) especially with the weather conditions outside :)

Can I just ask those of you who use the Fit, can you not do the jogging??

I only ask because I was doing the 30 day challenge and being good and sticking to it but eventually the jogging was too much for my knee. (It's nearly a year ago I had the op and I may now have to have another one :() I liked doing all the other things especially the resistance band things but have to prat around shaking the controllers about until the jogging bit is over.

Can it be over ridden?

(Sorry to hijack a bit Daisy :eek: )

I don;t know FT, but just wanted to say I understand your frustration. It would seem I am a knee surgery junkie myself. I have had 9 double knee surgeries - stemming from an accident (mistake!) when I was 19. I am in line for double replacement - not looking forard to that.

Be careful = if it hurts, def skip it. :(

Maybe a brace would help - I was just fitted for one on the NHS and it has made a bid differece in stability for exercise.

xx

You'll be a new woman with total replacement BL!! A friend had it Sept 08 and is zooming around now! Amazing what they an do really.

You would of thought that if they are trying to encourage people to get fit using these things you would be able to say at the start in your profile, no I can't abuse my knees, I can't over bend my back etc and it would offer options instead to compensate. I do wear one of those firm sports knee stocking things though.

I'll just have to go back to manically waving the things around like a bar tender on speed then.

Soz BL, it's in the Active. Got so many I get confused now!!

I've just ordered the Resort (?:rolleyes:) sword fighting eh???? I used to fence a lot. And nothing to do with nails and creosote either!!:D Yet another one to add to the pile.:eek:

IS that the SA ACtive, or something like that? SOrry - this is the first time in my life console games are something I am looking for...I know very little, or less, abut them all!! :D

The sword fighting one is hysterical. The first time I watched my hubs play it I sat by pissing myself laughing. He looked like a right spaz. He was charging at the tv, and yelling, and flailing his arm about....lol....I though to myself what a freak! :D

Then, when I did it, I foun myself doing exactly that!! LOL It really gets you going, and you just want to nail the other little dude!!! ahhahaha After about 10 minutes, I could realllllly feel it in my arm. Which is just as well as my left shoulder is out. lol Will eventually have to find something for that side so the workout is balanced! :D

x

Yup, the EA Sports Active. EA Sports Active: Personal Trainer (Wii): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

Well, for training for real we used to have to carry a weight like a dumbbell in the other hand, only during warm up though, and the other thing was to actually use your off hand. Can really hone your skills and it's a bit more balanced. That or you end up looking like a fiddler crab.

Can I just ask those of you who use the Fit, can you not do the jogging??

I only ask because I was doing the 30 day challenge and being good and sticking to it but eventually the jogging was too much for my knee. (It's nearly a year ago I had the op and I may now have to have another one :() I liked doing all the other things especially the resistance band things but have to prat around shaking the controllers about until the jogging bit is over.

Can it be over ridden?

(Sorry to hijack a bit Daisy :eek: )

On the EA Active, when it shows you at the start which things you'll be doing, it's got the activities listed, and ticks on the left hand side.. You can untick ones you dont want to do :) Unfortunately, it doesn't replace them with alternatives...

I untick the jogging ones, because my knees don't like them so much either..

I think you have to do this everytime you log in to the challenge though, which is a pain.

:)

Thanks Jen, that's great! I'll see if I can find it tomorrow, knee permitting of course!

BL or anybody, is it possible to play swordfighting on your own or do you have to do it with somebody else. For me it would be great if i can play against the computer as there is nobody else to play with.
Look forward to hearing from anybody

Ralph

Hey Ralph :)

Yeah it looks like it is the same as the Wii Sports ones, where you can play against the telly rather than a real person. Ace for me, I get nervous with other people about!

I would buy THIS game too, but I have bought 4 Wii games this month already... Need to watch the rent money ;) haha!!

but everytime i try to play swordfighting on sports resort it tells me i can on play duel which is against another human.
if anybody can access playing against the wii computer please let me know

BL or anybody, is it possible to play swordfighting on your own or do you have to do it with somebody else. For me it would be great if i can play against the computer as there is nobody else to play with.
Look forward to hearing from anybody

Ralph

Hi Ralph,

Yes, you can play swordfight against the PC....at the verg beginning you can select it, but I am not sure how, cause my hubby always sets it up for dual - but we used to play against the PC...will pay attention nect time, unles someone comes along first to advise!

Back