Wii questions

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Diversity, 26 July 2009 Social URL.

1. Diversity

Diversity Likes to lurk

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.86%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints
    Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and have been reading lots of your posts but there are still a few things I'm hoping you can help me with regarding the Wii.

I'm really keen on buying one but I'm not sure what to go for. I noticed a lot of you use something called My Fitness Coach, and I'm wondering if I should buy this instead of Wii Fit? Is it better?
    Also, I love the sound of the dance mat thing and I know I'd enjoy it but is it purely for fun or does it record the amount of calories you're burning?

On the whole, I guess I'm just wondering if it would be worth buying and whether or not I'll see results.
    Anything anyone can tell me would be great. Thanks in advance! :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. tryer

tryer Silver Member

i think it depends on what you want, there is more fluidity in the fitness coach, ie like a virtual workout.
    no stopping and starting all the time.
    i like the wii fit but use it as a game thing more than a work out, which is still good as to me anything where your not just sitting down and watching tv is good.
    as to seeing results i guess it all depends what you put in is what you get out.
    personally i think the fitness coach is great but then again i'm a sucker for gadgets.

i'm sure others will have an input into your dilema.
    ps you can buy the fitness coach on asda's website for about £12 max.

4. Diversity

Diversity Likes to lurk

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.86%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints
    Thanks for the info! :D
    Do I need to have a balance board for fitness coach? Also, do the dance games tell you how many calories you're burning? :confused:

5. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    High! You can get MFC for £9.99 on Amazon. I used it as I quickly found that wiifit isn't really challenging if you want to get fit. The drawback with MFC is altho you get a different workout each time, if you have weightloss as your main aim, alot of the moves are still samey. Now EA Sports active will get you sweating in 2 mins and is really challenging! I couldn't walk downstairs the second day! But after day 4 my thighs are already changing shape, and I can already run further! The EASA works with the wiifit board but you don't need it, and you don't need it for MFC.

6. Diversity

Diversity Likes to lurk

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.86%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints
    Thank you! I've decided I'm gonna go with Sports Active as I've heard lots of good things about it and the 30 day challenge thing sounds fun. :D

7. tryer

tryer Silver Member

cool, join the challenge thread if you like.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.