Wii Sports Active

fatfighter

wannabe yummy mummy
Does anyone have this and is it any good?
I love the wii fit and go on it most days (I'm trying to turn my silver piggy gold lol) I also enjoy My Fitness Coach but really like the sound of this as you use the balance board.
Would those of you who have it recommend it?

I *think* you get a leg strap thingy?

Yeah that's what I'm wondering too. It's fairly new out so may be more reviews about soon :)

I've just bought one, looked at it last week and couldnt really justify it. However, OH is away fishing tonight and all afternoon and evening tomorrow AND he has just been asked to take a spare ticket to see U2 in August. Still can't afford it but what i've saved with not eating anything other than CD i think its only fair.

Good for you! Please let me know if I should invest too. Enjoy your hubby free weekend ;)

My sister bought it the other day and is raving about it. She also has the Wii Fit, but feels this is better. In fairness though she has only got it about four days so I'm gonna wait a week or two and see how she goes with it. I can be very fickle though, I have the Wii Fit and loved it at first but then got bored and just put it away. Have to get it back out actually :)

Do you get the balance board when you buy the Sports Active. I have Wii fit but I got bored with it after using it for an hour and sold it to my nephew - board in all. So, I don't have a board, just the console.

Its compatable with board but i think that might be just for stats between the two but i'll let you know tomorrow.

Thanks Molly, dont fancy going to the expense of buying the board as well as the game because chances are I'll get bored again :)

there is a challenge that has just starte on this in the fitness and exercise section of this forum

Ok i've fired it up and it looks good.
Theres lots of info to put in and you'll need to know your metric measurements. You can set how many calories, hours of exercise, type of exercise etc you want to do in a week.
I did a really basic 20 minute workout which was running, walking, squats, lunges, arm raises (using resistance band) and boxing which burned up 100 calories. As i'm SSing i will need to be careful as we only take in 400 odd cals a day.
If you've got a wii fit board you can use it for some of the activites ie in boxing you kick box as well but please note it is not needed as the leg band has the nunchuck in it and it does the job just as well.
So far so good and the plus side is you exercise for two days then have day off and so forth.
:whacky068: :character00116:

That sounds great! I've just ordered it off play and I'm waiting (impatiently) for it to come next week :)

Well, as usual for me, i've no patience and paid at least a fiver more for it in Argos than locally in Morrisons but they were out of stock and i couldnt wait for a delivery.

Well just done second workout. I felt my heartrate was up. Tonights exercise was walking, running, lunges, high leg raises, bicep curls and such like. Think i am going to ache tomorrow though. Did a preset workout for 22 minutes and worked off 117 calories. What concerns me a bit, because i'm not knowledgeable about such things is, will it effect weight loss. I set the programme to use up 500 calories a week which i thought would be okay. Does anyone know? As i'm sticking to SS i dont want to delay losses by doing programme.
Mx

Back