Wii zumba?!

Beckybex

Has anyone tried Wii Zumba? Its my birthday in a couple of weeks and thinking might make a good present to myself! I swim twice a week but want something else for at home.

If you look on the Fitness and exercise thread you may find more about it! From what I've read tho' people seem to think it's very good

I bought it and it's really good! I used my HRM to measure the cal burn and it was pretty much what I do at the gym zumba :)

You only get out what you put in tho!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i dont know about it on the WII but have the DVDS and they are amazing! its so much better then being on a tredmill or cross trainer! i have lots of fun with it!! give it a try! its great to do with friends too!

I have it on the wii and i love it! Best 20 quid i spent in a while ! :D

I bought it last night and have just done the beginner 20 minutes lesson 1 and boy did that hurt, i also have the DVD set but currently still sitting in its box think i might get it out and try the stretch and tone think i may just catch the Zumba bug!

I'm thinking about getting it too, can't make my mind up tho. I think I'll go for it. I've just today got back on the Wii Fit and done my first exercise since injuring my back in Feb. I'm absolutely shattered.

No doubt OH will roll his eyes and say "are you really going to use it?". At the very least it will give me a good laugh when the kids try it. Watching them do Just Dance was absolutely hilarious.

C x

My trouble is getting round to doing it! I have the wii fit but never stuck with it. Made me cross that my character looked like a beach ball!

beckybex I have the same thoughts, and plus I'm starting the class tonight and I think if i buy the game it'll just be an excuse not to leave the house. I stuck with wii fit for the first few weeks and loved it but now I'm just using it as a over priced scales. My mii looks like a beach ball too, and I dont know if i'm being hypersensitive but I'm pretty sure it says "Ow!" when I step on.

It really does say ow Im sure of it! Its horrible when i get on it says ow and when my husband gets on it it just says yep!

Beckybex, sillykitten and Shenzi I'm sorry, but your last posts have really made me laugh. I hadn't noticed what it says when I get on, I'll have to try again later. I like seeing my mii shrink, and today it went down over 2 stone when I got on, as I haven't been on it for so long. That was really satisfying.

Does anyone know how to reset your goal? I stupidly told it that I wanted to put on 1 1/2 stone over the next two weeks, and I can't work out how to change it.

C x

Ooh lucky you mine still looks like a beach ball but its shrinking slowly, have a look at the settings page to see you can chance it from there if not once you start losing weight if should ask you if you want to tat changing your goal ill have a proper look at it when i get home from work in the morning. X

I'm so happy Im not the only one hurting my balance board! Mean nintendo programming it to say Ow! Also started my class last night and it was brilliant. I still want the game, a class once a week isn't enough. Although YouTube have a load of routines up just search for zumba... I'm always looking for ways to do things on the cheap, praise the lords of the interwebs!

I wanted something that was going to tell me i was doing it right which is why i forked out for the game at 22 pound but then again the old mecould have easily spent that on a Chinese 3 times a week so bargain really! X

Last edited:
Been back on the wii fit today, and I think mine says "oh", not "ow" (well, that's what I'm telling myself, anyway :D).

C x

Ok Clazzac ;) we will all for go for it saying 'oh' not 'ow' lol :p

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks my Wii Fit is emotionally abusing me. :D

Seriously, Nintendo is a sick puppy for making the Mii's ballon in size according to your weight. It's just mean.

I bought zumba a couple of day's ago and it's fab. Someone said something about you only getting out what you get in. I've just been doing the basic bit and my body seriousy aches :( In a good way though I suppose. The evil Wii is showing no weight change though (in fact it said I'd gained two pounds yesterday, so go figure...).

XxX

My wii fit says oww when i get on it too! Very mean of it!

I had the same problem of putting i wanted to gain a stone rather than lose it and unfortunately there isn't a way to change the goal I spent hours online looking for a way to change it but ended up finding out you can't :(
V tempted to buy the zumba game and belt. If only funds weren't so stretched.

Hi all, I haven't been on the Wii for a few days and when I got on today I had lost 4 lbs. I'm now
14 1/2 stone and my wii says "yes"!!!!!!!

I tried a wii programme today that I was given a couple of years ago for my birthday but never used, called "my personal trainer" - so far, I'm quite impressed. It seems much more tailored to the individual, much more so than wii fit or wii fit plus.

C x

C x

I don't like the wii fit one i pulled my back out doing the yoga lol and secondly having to keep picking a new one every 2 minutes does my head in, i do very rate the wii zumba and wii active though. Also have the zumba dvd so Im doing the sculpt and tone on that once a week as well i love it! Exercise for me isn't a problem its always the actual eating healthy that my mind doesn't like! X

Back