Total Solution Will be a yummy mummy!

Mini~Mummy~2~B

Well I was all ordered and due to start Exante on 2nd of January but the day before New Years Eve I came down with tonsillitis! Felt absolutely rubbish so thought it best to delay starting Exante for a week.

So that means that today is DAY ONE!

I know that I can do this. I followed Cambridge Diet in 2010 for 9 weeks prior to my wedding and did well on it but unfortunately went back to eating rubbish and gained the most of it back!

I have at least 5 stone to lose, probably more like 6. It sounds incredibly daunting at the moment but looking at people on here, it can be done!

I’ve got two young boys (3 and 5 yrs) and I want to be able to run around with them and play. At the moment I get on the floor with them to play and I’m out of breath within two minutes! My 5 yrs old also starts football training next Saturday and I don’t want to be the fat mum stood on the sidelines :(

So I will do it this time and I WILL keep it off!

Hopefully filling in this diary will help keep me focussed and be great to chat with people going through the same thing xxx

Good luck hope you have good first day. I'm on day 3 and so far so good :) I have 3 young kids 1,3 & 4 so know how it feels. I don't want to be the fat mummy either, and I wont be! ;)

Thanks for your replies and good luck to you too! Think this forum will be my little haven to come and keep myself on track! xx

Well I made it through day one!!! Am gonna head to bed shortly with a black decaf tea and a book.

Day one wasn't too bad. It was hard cooking tea for the kids, my hubby is working away today so it was up to me. I daftly made them pasta and garlic bread which smelled DIVINE!! But managed to stay 100%, looked through some photos on FB from when I was slimmer which kept me motivated.

Well, lets see what day two brings.... night everyone xx

Well, on to day 2!!

I woke up this morning at 4.30am with a stonking headache and feeling slightly sick. I got up and put the heating on (perk of waking up early was nice and warm by the time I had a shower lol), made a cuppa and took two paracetamols. Drank my tea and dozed in bed until the alarm went off at 5.50am, by the time I'd had my shower I felt much much better.

At work now and am going to try splitting my shakes today, so will have half at about 9:30am, then half at 11am. Then split my second shake between 1pm and 4pm. Then save my bar for when the kids are in bed around 7:30pm. Hopefully by not having too many hours between meals it will make it a little easier knowing I only ever have a couple of hours to go.

And I can have an early night if needs be. My tummy is growling so off for a cuppa! Have a great day everyone! xx

Morning, well done on getting through day 1. Hope you have a good day 2 :) I also have my bar when the kids go to bed, otherwise they'd want it. Mummys food always tastes better for some unknown reason ;)

I know exactly what you mean lovinthesummer! I can never have anything without sharing it with my boys lol.

Sounds like you are doing great! I have 3 boys and I know what you mean about not wanting to be a fat mum, my oldest starts school in sept and I want to be slim and fit dropping him off :)

So, day 2 is out of the way and on to day 3!!!!

Am not in ketosis yet, am looking forward to getting there are am still feeling very hungry so can’t wait until the hunger pangs fade. I know it’s still hard to stick to the diet when in ketosis but hopefully will be a bit easier.

But I have to say I am fairly pleased with myself for managing to do 2 days 100% on TS. When I did Cambridge Diet I couldn’t manage sole source so had to do SS+ and have a small meal each day but it is eventually what leads to my downfall as I end up not weighing things and having a little bit extra until I was eating too much and getting knocked out of ketosis then struggling because I was constantly hungry. So this time I decided to do TS and am so far sticking to it!

Thanks Precious! xx

So it’s day 4 today. Am still feeling very hungry, rumbling tummy all the time so don’t think I am in the magic ketosis yet! I did a ketostick this morning which was negative so hopefully by tomorrow. When I did Cambridge diet I got to ketosis on day 4 so dunno if the slightly higher calories in Exante is why it might take longer??

Anyway, I’ve still stuck to TS 100% so am pleased with myself :eek:) It’s been hard and luckily by hubby agreed to make the kids tea again last night although it’s still hard when I can smell it. Shopping tonight so have just had to plan what hubby and kids are having for tea for the next week so that has got my mind on food which isn’t good!

But anyway, am plodding onwards. Am really looking forward to getting on the scales next Monday. I got my hubby to take the batteries out of the scales so I wasn’t on them all the time, and only weigh in a max of once a week. Although once the first week is out of the way I might try and go 2 weeks between weigh ins as I know that if I only do 1 or 2 lbs one week I end up disheartened. Am sure fortnightly weigh ins would even out and make me feel more positive. Anyway, will see how it goes!

Back