Will cottage cheese keep me in ketosis?

Thanks Kath!

I take it its not slowed your weight loss then?

x

No :) I have had a really speedy weight loss - I average about 4 or 5 pounds a week, sometimes more :)

This week was the worst ever weight loss for me at 3lb but last week I lost 6 and a half so I guess it evens that out :)

I take multibionta probiotic

ooo nice progress kath! u must look really different week to week!

xxxxxxxx

Hi,

I can only advise as a CDC, 2 bars and a multivitamin even with cottage cheese would not be enough nutrition and would fall below nutritional safety levels for weightloss.

You may have developed a lactose intollerance? Even if you haven't had this before it can occur after a couple of weeks on a VLCD as the protein base is skimmed milk, this also applies to the bar.

Two bars a day could cause stomach cramp and diarohhea or in some cases the opposite the dreaded constipation and extreme wind.

CD do a lactose free range, which is very limited I do not know if LL offer a similar option.

In the absence of this you can get tablets from the Chemist to assist with mild lactose intollerance.

Linda

Hi,

I can only advise as a CDC, 2 bars and a multivitamin even with cottage cheese would not be enough nutrition and would fall below nutritional safety levels for weightloss.

You may have developed a lactose intollerance? Even if you haven't had this before it can occur after a couple of weeks on a VLCD as the protein base is skimmed milk, this also applies to the bar.

Two bars a day could cause stomach cramp and diarohhea or in some cases the opposite the dreaded constipation and extreme wind.

CD do a lactose free range, which is very limited I do not know if LL offer a similar option.

In the absence of this you can get tablets from the Chemist to assist with mild lactose intollerance.

Linda

As far as I know LL don't offer a lactose free range. I didn't realise CD did actually - wish I knew as one of our ladies had to give up through lactose intolerance and when I suggested CD our counsellor told her they would only be the same.

CD have a very limited range:

Vanilla
Chocolate
Mushroom

However, you can add coffee to both the vanilla and chocolate for variety.

The sunshine orange drink in the Vanilla tastes like lemon cheesecake and the Summer berries in the chocolate like Black forest gateau.

I have several customers on the lactose free range who were experiencing the same symptoms.

Ooh thanks guys maybe I am lactose intolerant?
How weird I never thought of that?
I never made the association cos Im a veggie and live on dairy usually and have done for the past 25 years!
Im back at work tmo so Ill run some tests on myself!
x

Hi Pix

Just wondering how you are doing.

I too am struggling with the packs (although seem to be getting better now) and was only able to take a max 1 soup & 1 bar - the soups and shakes made me feel sick (although was not actually sick).

I felt so terrible that when I did have a pack I felt instantly better????? I am trying to think of them as medicine and get them down & follow it up by a gallon of water. If we could have 4 bars a day I would be ok!!!!

Anyway let me know how you are doing!

Hello only me!
We Im not lactose intolerant either...I'm a medical FREAK!
I've given up with the packs now if I take them there is no way I will stick to this plan.
Cottage cheese seems to be working so far so I'll have to keep plodding on :)
P.s I like your belly graph skinny!
x

Oh, Pix, bless you with your cottage cheese :)

Fingers crossed it works for you - I personally hate cottage cheese so will have to struggle on with packs, managed 2 today with a bar - so getting better.

My signature is getting longer, with all the little extras I keep adding - aw well it keeps me motivaed!:D :D

xx

Back